Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: New Latino Family Coming to Llanview
Topic Started: Jul 1 2008, 10:46 PM (1,355 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

From ABC SID:

A new Latino family is headed to OLTL this fall

The family is described as being wealthy, affluent, and powerful.

Casting calls were issued for Hector, a powerful and ruthless businessman from Colombia. His wife, Maria, a sexy thirtysomething, and his daughter, Elena, the new kid at Llanview High.

All 3 contract roles begin taping in August. It is speculated that the new family may have ties to Langston, whose "deceased" parents were also natives of Columbia.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I wasn't watching during this time, but I hope this isn't anything like the Santi family, because I remember how many fans complained about that particular storyline.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Hopefully this will turn out better than the Santi family....however, it would be nice for them to bring in some new black characters and actually use them (paging Rachel Gannon!)...or maybe an Asian family.

King
Member Avatar

This is interesting. I'm intrigued.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

King
Jul 1 2008, 10:56 PM
lol....why do I picture your rubbing your nipples as you type that

Mason
Member Avatar

Nubia
Jul 1 2008, 10:58 PM
King
lol....why do I picture your rubbing your nipples are you type that
Umm...wow...that's urm..random? :ermmmm:

LoL

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

LMAO

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

They do need diversity so I'm interested in this, as long as this family is nothing like the Santi's.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 1 2008, 11:00 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I get the diversity is diversity and bringing on more Latinos is a great thing, however, why bring on this new family full of new characters when you already have minority characters (RJ, Hank, Rachel, Layla, Evangeline, etc) that have history with the show that you refuse to write for. That's all I'm saying.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Mason
Jul 1 2008, 10:59 PM
Nubia
King

LoL
Yes very random, but you enjoyed it....so that makes YOU the perv! :biggrin:

Mason
Member Avatar

Nubia
Jul 1 2008, 11:03 PM
Mason
Nubia
King

LoL
Yes very random, but you enjoyed it....so that makes YOU the perv! :biggrin:
I admit nothing. :laugh:

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

DrewHamilton
I get the diversity is diversity and bringing on more Latinos is a great thing, however, why bring on this new family full of new characters when you already have minority characters (RJ, Hank, Rachel, Layla, Evangeline, etc) that have history with the show that you refuse to write for. That's all I'm saying.
I would love to have a new Rachel on the show...living in the Buchanan mansion with Nora and Mathew.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
That's a good point and a major downside to this is that the characters you mentioned will probably get shafted or see little airtime now.

I guess with the way things are anytime you see diversity added, it's a positive. However, when you have already established characters not being used, it does make you wonder why not use them but we'll see. This family could end up being god. I really hope they introduce them slowly and maybe start with one or two characters at a time rather then just bringing them all at once.

King
Member Avatar

How did you know, Nubs? :laugh:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I'm wondering if A. Martinez is Hector?

Jonatha

Rick
Aug 3 2008, 07:35 PM
I'm wondering if A. Martinez is Hector?
I think that will be A's character but I think the name has been changed. I'm so excited about this. :cheer:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Nubia
King

LoL
LOL!

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

DrewHamilton
I agree. It's not as if there is no life left in those characters. They're just not being written for.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

But what about the Vegas? Are they that underused now?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sweetbabygirl
Aug 3 2008, 11:05 PM
But what about the Vegas? Are they that underused now?
Nope, Antonio and Cristian are pretty front-burner right now with the Mendorra storyline, though they just burned down Carlotta's diner.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply