Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 7/21 *updated 7/22*
Topic Started: Jul 2 2008, 03:00 PM (10,648 Views)
Ponz
Member Avatar

Disappointed that Nicole and Trent aren't mentioned at all for 2 weeks. I've found that plot somewhat intriguing.

And is the autism "story" over already? :laugh:
Edited by Ponz, Jul 2 2008, 03:53 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I am interested in the Steve/Kayla stuff, it's been awhile since we've seen them on screen.

I do wish they would mention Nick. I guess with Chelsea still panting after Grandma fucking Daniel, Nick won't be on that week.

I'm actually pleased to see Bo having a story with Philip and curious to see where this takes Phorgan and how this affects Bo.

Not liking Tony and Kate, their scenes up to now have been pretty chemistry-less which I found surprising.

And Ponz makes a good point on nothing on the autism story. Have they dropped it already?
Edited by Tripp, Jul 2 2008, 03:53 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Good lord, this autism story (or lack thereof) is a joke. It's hyped up all over the place, and then...nothing.
Edited by Mason, Jul 2 2008, 03:55 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ponz
Jul 2 2008, 03:52 PM
Disappointed that Nicole and Trent aren't mentioned at all for 2 weeks. I've found that plot somewhat intriguing.

And is the autism "story" over already? :laugh:
That's part of what I hate so much about Higley's writing!

Her stories have NO FLOW. None, nada, zip, zilch!

For starters, she leaves out important bits that shouldn't be left out. Just recently, viewers were cheated out of seeing Abe and Lexie learn that Theo is autistic. All we saw were the reactions immediately afterwards. WHY!? That's rather jarring and confusing for us, as it leaves us wondering if we missed an episode or missed a segment along the way. Quite annoying. Didn't the same thing happen recently with Tony and Anna getting engaged/married off screen or something? I'm pretty sure it did.

Then there's the way she'll start a story, then completely drop it for an entire week or two and pick it back up again after everyone's already lost interest and forgotten where we left off. Sort of like Tony/Anna and how she slaps them on the screen once every week or two and expects us to care about them or remember what the hell their story is even about. It's pretty bad when a character pops on the screen and you have to ask yourself, "Wait a minute, what's their story and what happened with it the last time it was on?" It completely disrupts the story flow and the viewer's ability to really invest emotionally in anything that happens, because there's no flow for dramatic build.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I am actually shocked that Bo is bending/breaking rules for Philip... since Bo has never really given to squirts of piss about him before. I would be willing to bet that if John was his old self, Bo would be all over Philip!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

That is odd that Abe/Lexie/Theo are not mentioned. They sure promoted it has the big story, but it doesn't seem like it is at all! I don't really care though. I can't stand Abe! lol.

This is a good week for S&K fans!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Also, is it just me, or does there seem to be a real lack of fallout from the Lucas/Chloe and EJ/Nicole elevator romps?

Shouldn't there be, like... conversations about it? Discussions? A pregnancy test? SOMETHING? LoL I mean, anything that happens in a story should take place to move it forward. One of the biggest rules of writing is that you must always ask yourself "What's the purpose?" and "How does it progress the story?" Yet looking at these spoilers, it appears as if the sexcapades are pretty much going to effect nothing. It seems to have been thrown in there just for the sheer hell of having people fuck in the dark.

When all is said and done, I fully expect the EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle to continue on its same tired neverending path... and if anything, it's just going to move them all three steps back. Sami will be pissed at both of them, then slowly come around to forgiving both of them for sleeping with other women, and before you know it she's back in the same situation she's in now: in love with two men and unable to choose which she wants to be with. It's an endless, tired cycle that should've been resolved LAST summer.
Edited by Kenny, Jul 2 2008, 04:21 PM.

jane1978

I know everybody is complaining here but I actually like it a lot. I quess because Im not EJAMI, LUMI or JARLENA fanatic I can really enjoy the show as whole and I think the stories looks really interesting. Elsewhere I just read today was the first episode cowritten by Rick Draughon so I think his promotion might be having something with that.

As for the Theo storyline, everybody knew its basically a well promoted filler. Really, we already saw everything needed. Theo cannot speak, Abe/Lexie will fight over it a lot, and some moment Abe finally admits Theo is really authistic, they will swear to help him and educate him anyway, he will disappear in the attic and from that moment on we will hear here and there about his progress until Highley forgets or is fired.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I feel the same way, Jane. I don't watch for just certain characters or couples. There are a few things I don't like right now, but overall I am enjoying the show. I think it is MUCH BETTER than it was last summer.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Not a thrilling week, but I've watched worse. Some things may be interesting, but definitely not all of them. I have had it with Chelsea and Daniel (don't like them enough to give them a "cute" name)LOL. I have wondered if maybe Daniel just married his wife knowing she was dying for her money? He can't the the complete saint they are making him out to be. Can he? I hope there is a good conversation between Steve and Kayle regarding Ava finally. Regarding the autism story. Maybe that is all there will be to it. A lot of us are already uninterested in it due to lack of airtime and the missed beats. Also just because Daniel and Kate reminiscence about their fling doesn't mean there will be actual flashbacks. Hope so though.
Edited by ArizonaDaze, Jul 2 2008, 04:47 PM.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

hmmmmm....None of this appeals to me. Glad I have a job to fill the DAYS void in my day. lol

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ArizonaDaze
Jul 2 2008, 04:44 PM
Also just because Daniel and Kate reminiscence about their fling doesn't mean there will be actual flashbacks. Hope so though.
There damn well better be. We've had to endure many REAL flashbacks over and over, as well as faux flashbacks like Steve and Ava. I want to see Daniel and Kate get it on. And like I said before, if it's on video so much the better.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pixsy9

I'm getting really confused with the whole EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle. With Lucas goning to jail where does that leave Sami and EJ????? I would really love that to be the end of this ridiculous triangle, but knowing Days they'll probably find a way for him to get out of jail, AGAIN!!!!!

Mason

jane1978
Jul 2 2008, 04:35 PM
I know everybody is complaining here but I actually like it a lot. I quess because Im not EJAMI, LUMI or JARLENA fanatic I can really enjoy the show as whole and I think the stories looks really interesting.
Uhh...what? I'm certainly no fanatic of any of them, and it's no secret that I'm not enjoying the show, at all. If anything, I'm a "fanatic" of the show as a whole, and I think it's a big piece of crap, right now.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 2 2008, 05:02 PM
ArizonaDaze
Also just because Daniel and Kate reminiscence about their fling doesn't mean there will be actual flashbacks. Hope so though.
There damn well better be. We've had to endure many REAL flashbacks over and over, as well as faux flashbacks like Steve and Ava. I want to see Daniel and Kate get it on. And like I said before, if it's on video so much the better.
I so agree with you Tripp. We keep getting ripped off with off camera stuff, and "oh I just saw that scene yesterday" flashbacks, that we deserve a Kate & Daniel fling.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
True, but I think we'll get to see the actual affair take place just so the shock value remains to the characters (and viewers) when it's all exposed. How would there be any drama created if we were just told it happened?

I'm shocked to say this, but Days doesn't sound all that bad. I'm really looking forward to certain things, and I've come to realize that spoilers don't always do the actual episodes any justice. Some of them anyway, lol.
Edited by fenderbabe, Jul 2 2008, 05:34 PM.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Jul 2 2008, 05:34 PM
ArizonaDaze
True, but I think we'll get to see the actual affair take place just so the shock value remains to the characters (and viewers) when it's all exposed. How would there be any drama created if we were just told it happened?

I'm shocked to say this, but Days doesn't sound all that bad. I'm really looking forward to certain things, and I've come to realize that spoilers don't always do the actual episodes any justice. Some of them anyway, lol.
I hope you're right fendebabe.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Olli9
Jul 2 2008, 03:13 PM
Angie79
Jul 2 2008, 03:00 PM

Ava asks John if she can move in with him
I want Ava gone! :puke:
And I want her to stay, but for now, you win. I love her with Jawn Ryan.

squee
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Jul 2 2008, 05:34 PM
How would there be any drama created if we were just told it happened?
Don't want to burst your bubble here but have you forgotten who's writing this crapfest..er..show?

ginababe
BANNED

Oh great, just what we need, for Marlena to get on her self righteous high horse again, NO THANKS!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply