Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Intern talks to Blake Berris; video
Topic Started: Jul 2 2008, 06:42 PM (1,186 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Melissa, the Intern

Melissa, the Intern, does a sit-down with Blake Berris, who plays everyone's favorite science guy, Nick. Find out what he's up to when he's not in Salem. Watch here.

Melissa Villasenor, the intern. Part Eight. With Blake Berris.

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/video/theintern/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jul 2 2008, 06:42 PM
Melissa, the Intern, does a sit-down with Blake Berris, who plays everyone's favorite science guy, Nick. Find out what he's up to when he's not in Salem. Watch here.
LoL, whatever he does, he must be doing alot of it lately.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Yes, and what is sad is how outdated that is. He talks of shooting the grant acceptance scene and mentions how Morgan is all into Nick's business (weird how that never went anywhere. I'm a Phorgan fan but it's like Dena doesn't even want to ATTEMPT to test Blake with the other actresses on the show.)

So love Blake. Glad he has other projects like this theater group.

Mason
Member Avatar

Honestly, I'm surprised that Blake is still even on the show.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Tripp
Jul 2 2008, 06:52 PM
Yes, and what is sad is how outdated that is. He talks of shooting the grant acceptance scene and mentions how Morgan is all into Nick's business
He hasn't had too much going on at all except the grant material, even though that isn't really exciting either.

I'm not sure why he is still there either. He's a great talent, and I don't want to see him go either, but since nothing is happening for him here, it would be in his best interest.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I guess hopefully, maybe, this whole Max's sister thing will give Nick a love interest. From spoilers I read, it's almost like the lonely splicer thing again. (Thanks to Tripp for reminding me of his screen name!!)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Jul 3 2008, 11:34 AM
I guess hopefully, maybe, this whole Max's sister thing will give Nick a love interest. From spoilers I read, it's almost like the lonely splicer thing again. (Thanks to Tripp for reminding me of his screen name!!)
Actually I don't think they are resurrecting an online community for he and Melanie to interact. I could be wrong, but I think he just sees her profile (presuming it's her) when she was younger and I'm sure it will be registered in his memory when he meets her in person.

That casting had so much going on and since we know she is Trent's daughter I wonder if Nick finds this page after Trent was using the computer and he is wondering why his mentor is looking up such young girls.

I just hope though that they freaking give Nick something to do while Stax do their own thing this month. This is an excellent opportunity now to let him to interact more with Trent and hopefully see his family in town like Hope and Lucas and nuMickey. I'm not sure I want to see him interact with Chan at all but if it allows Blake to show heartache watching their icky channing then I can take it.
Edited by Tripp, Jul 3 2008, 11:58 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm shocked he's still around too but I always said the longer he stuck around, the more likely it was there was some sort of plan to keep him. He had like no material from October-present other then the grant thing. Hopefully, he gets something soon. Seems like he may with Melanie coming on and that could be interesting.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

It's all possible that this was the gameplan, too, for Blake to work on his theatre group or outside interests. Isn't he doing a movie with Debra Messing based on that TV show she did recently for cable? (USA or something like that?) Yeah, that's how much I watch original cable series, LOL. He might have wanted a lighter load.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Not sure about that. I think alot of that came after he was backburnered, at least I think the Debra Messing thing did. Let's remember Blake has been backburnered since he gave up the two kids back in October. He's had nothing since then but the grant story and that wasn't even much. It's been almost a year of no story for him after he had nothing but story from the time he debuted to early last Fall. I tend to think he had the time off and got involved in some other things just in case, which is smart considering Hogan created him and Days changed writers, which is never a good sign because he was a new character created by the fired HW. I guess that is why so many are shocked he is still around. He isn't a Higley character and he was without story already for awhile when she took over. I'm glad he's still here though because Blake is talented and unique. The character has great potential IMO.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Jul 5 2008, 12:25 AM
^Not sure about that. I think alot of that came after he was backburnered, at least I think the Debra Messing thing did. Let's remember Blake has been backburnered since he gave up the two kids back in October. He's had nothing since then but the grant story and that wasn't even much. It's been almost a year of no story for him after he had nothing but story from the time he debuted to early last Fall. I tend to think he had the time off and got involved in some other things just in case, which is smart considering Hogan created him and Days changed writers, which is never a good sign because he was a new character created by the fired HW. I guess that is why so many are shocked he is still around. He isn't a Higley character and he was without story already for awhile when she took over. I'm glad he's still here though because Blake is talented and unique. The character has great potential IMO.
Right, that's why I've been so frustrated. After the kids story was wrapped up, I kept my mouth shut when he became backburnered because he had been featured for so long and he was rather new. However once Chelsea & Stephanie got the Ford story, I was really upset that Nick wasn't around more. I understood the reason for not having him around when Ford's death happened, he was going to play the moral compass to Chelsea (as he should) but there was no excuse not to involve him in other storylines, such as the brief time he showed up at Marlena's door to help with analyzing John's "remains".

I still think it very possible it's true that BB and RM had a falling out (maybe they were dating and broke up) and the show decided to distance them for awhile and let things cool off. If it was Blake's idea to throw himself into this theater group he's been working on the side for, then great and I can understand that. But somehow I just think Dena doesn't know what to do with Nick, at least until now. I think she was really surprised to find out out how popular the Nick character is (unconventional and talented actors generally are but not that she would recognize that) which is why she specifically mentioned him in one of her blogs.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Maybe the possible fall-out also has to do with that blind item. IF Rachel was the girl that zoomed to the top surprisingly for, er, the wrong reasons and Blake was against it, it's enough to break up a friendship.
And you're right, Phoenix, I forgot how LONG he was backburnered.

jane1978

Tripp
Yes, and what is sad is how outdated that is. He talks of shooting the grant acceptance scene and mentions how Morgan is all into Nick's business (weird how that never went anywhere. I'm a Phorgan fan but it's like Dena doesn't even want to ATTEMPT to test Blake with the other actresses on the show.)

I think she was testing them together along the time Corday promised the Nicole/Phillip/Chloe triangle. For some reason he changed his mind and Phorgan was allowed after all so she went with that. But I have no doubt this Melanie girl will be involved with him. Originally I thought they might try to create another generation with her and Will but the actress looks much older and mature than the original call wanted.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Jul 5 2008, 07:15 PM
Tripp

I think she was testing them together along the time Corday promised the Nicole/Phillip/Chloe triangle. For some reason he changed his mind and Phorgan was allowed after all so she went with that. But I have no doubt this Melanie girl will be involved with him. Originally I thought they might try to create another generation with her and Will but the actress looks much older and mature than the original call wanted.
From what I heard, Victor G had the idea for Nicole/Philip/Chloe and Dena agreed but he got demoted and Corday pulled the plug on it because fan reaction pushed harder for Philip/Morgan so Dena had to go with it. I really do think something happened with Blake and Rachel and that is why Nick was a non-factor in the Ford story and during Bo's illness story. He started out helping a bit during the Ford story and then wasn't around for Chelsea at all during the plane crash and Bo's illness. It just stuck out because everyone else was involved.

It makes me wonder what would've happened. I mean, if there was a falling out with them, what would've happened if there wasn't? Is that why they paired her with Daniel in the first place because there aren't any other young actors on the show without bringing another on or breaking up Stax? I mean, things are kind of sketchy but it's clear something went down with them. It just seems like they just say the traditional "I miss working with him/her" and shit like that but nothing special. If that BI is about Rachel, then that could very well be the reason for the falling out, if any.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Jul 6 2008, 01:03 AM
From what I heard, Victor G had the idea for Nicole/Philip/Chloe and Dena agreed but he got demoted and Corday pulled the plug on it because fan reaction pushed harder for Philip/Morgan so Dena had to go with it. I really do think something happened with Blake and Rachel and that is why Nick was a non-factor in the Ford story and during Bo's illness story. He started out helping a bit during the Ford story and then wasn't around for Chelsea at all during the plane crash and Bo's illness. It just stuck out because everyone else was involved.

It makes me wonder what would've happened. I mean, if there was a falling out with them, what would've happened if there wasn't? Is that why they paired her with Daniel in the first place because there aren't any other young actors on the show without bringing another on or breaking up Stax? I mean, things are kind of sketchy but it's clear something went down with them. It just seems like they just say the traditional "I miss working with him/her" and shit like that but nothing special. If that BI is about Rachel, then that could very well be the reason for the falling out, if any.

I hate to think Chick was railroaded because the actors just couldn't put their differences aside. Like someone else said in another thread, if I was the HW, I'd say deal with it and keep writing them together which worked for KA and PR who reportedly didn't like each other in the 80s. And they are both so young I'm sure whatever it was would blow over unless it was something serious (which unfortunately the BI does sound so).

Another thing that bothers me about the idea that they were fighting BTS is that Nick/Blake is the one to get the shaft for the story. Maybe he was fine with it, but I just don't see how they couldn't attempt to try to write him into other stories, God knows that Nick is the most mature out of that generation and it would be natural to let him "move up" and interact with the older actors, even if it is to play support to their stories.

I suppose it's just easier to blame TPTB like Corday and Dena, thinking they disliked the Nick character and saw him as a Hogan creation (He doesn't fit into the typical soap hunk mold) than blame the actors who I felt their talent and chemistry got us through the extremely weak parts of Chick's overall story. Whatever the reason, having Chick just implode like they did without anything significant to reward the fans who have stuck by them through Nillie!sex, bad!sex, Jett, TTS, and hairbrush is a major copout and in the end, I really could care less why it was done...I'm just bitter and angry it was written that way at all.
Edited by Tripp, Jul 6 2008, 02:15 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Jul 6 2008, 01:03 AM
From what I heard, Victor G had the idea for Nicole/Philip/Chloe and Dena agreed but he got demoted and Corday pulled the plug on it because fan reaction pushed harder for Philip/Morgan so Dena had to go with it.
How could fan reaction to Philip/Morgan have pushed Phorgan to the win when we never even saw Philip/Nicole/Chloe? The only thing I ever saw on screen was a comment or two from Nicole that she would go after Philip, and Nicole and Chloe had some spats but those were pre-existing and had nothing to do with Nicole going after Philip. I don't think fans had a chance at all to react to Nicole/Philip/Chloe and I for one would have reacted a lot more positively to that than I do to Phorgan, which I hate.

Tripp, I agree that in general storyline shouldn't be dumped if it's otherwise working just because the actors can't get along. I have no idea if RM and Blake weren't getting along and frankly (as you know) I had no problems with Chick breaking up, but why the show thought the way they broke up and put Chelsea in instaluv with Dr. McSkeevy (excuse me, it was the other way around) was a good idea I'll never know.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply