Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Guiding Light' barbecue offers coal comfort; New York Daily News
Topic Started: Jul 4 2008, 06:37 AM (564 Views)
Jonatha

(Source): NY Daily News

Rick isn't up to throwing the annual July 4th Bauer barbecue Friday on "Guiding Light" because his wife, Beth, dumps him for the wealthier Alan Spaulding.

"Beth decides to go with the guy with the sheckels," says Michael O'Leary, who plays hard-luck Dr. Rick Bauer.

"You're looking at a guy who's lost his medical license five times, had a heart transplant and has been basically living in a hotel that makes the Motel 6 look like the Four Seasons," says O'Leary. "I don't know why she would make that choice."

Josh and Cassie host the barbecue instead, and Beth persuades Rick to go with her anyway.

"Isn't that sweet?" says O'Leary. "At least it's not emasculating. 'Rick, you're a lousy lover, and you can't support the lifestyle that I've become accustomed to. Let's go have a Ball Park Frank and forget about the whole thing.'"

As always, the whole town shows up. This year, "GL" filmed the scenes on location in Peapack, N.J. "There's Rick flipping the burgers, fresh from being dumped," says O'Leary.

"It's going to look beautiful." he says. "Visually, it will be very pleasing because we're actually cooking burgers. We're really throwing the football. They have this huge jungle gym, so we're all jumping around on that. Everybody else had a good time, but obviously there's only so much fun Rick can have after just being dumped."

Rick and Beth actually have a sweet scene together.

"We're on this park bench. She just kind of leans her head up against my shoulder and says, 'I hope I didn't lose my best friend.'" Did she? "When you're involved in a platonic relationship for 25 years to somebody who's your best friend, then it becomes something else [a marriage], and then it ends, I don't know if you can ever go back again.

"So, all Rick has to look forward to now is weekends with his illegitimate child with the missing Harley?

"Obviously since Harley's the best mother in Springfield," says O'Leary, "I'll be taking over with Jude."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Josh and Cassie host the BAUER Barbecue? Why am I not surprised... :hmmph:

King
Member Avatar

This show is a hot mess. I loved O'Leary's comments.

Ilovethesoaps

The fact that the BBQ is "hosted" by Josh and Cassie?! Why??? I don't think I 've ever been so dissappointed! There was a bright spot, Rick did come and do what he should have been doing in the first place have a Bauer BBQ!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply