Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passions Casting Tidbits; Sheridan, Endora, Edna, & Norma
Topic Started: Jul 4 2008, 03:52 PM (1,276 Views)
psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

RobynIsHere
Jul 7 2008, 02:07 PM
Mason
Jul 7 2008, 12:21 PM
RobynIsHere
Jul 7 2008, 11:38 AM
Well, things do evolve over times. God knows Days of Our Lives is not the same show that debuted in 1965.
I would say that what's happened to PASSIONS is more like devolving.
No, it followed the path it was meant to take.
I agree with you there. I have no problems with the path Passions has taken (minus ending almost every scene and episode with Theresa). I love it now just as much as I did when it started. It's the same show to me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

What Mason and others are saying I totally agree with.

I'm not saying Passions hasn't been enjoyable from time to time but the show shifted tone and direction 3 times in 9 years and with every switch the show lost itself even more.

From 1999-2003, it was campy and fun mixed with traditional soap and the supernatural. It didn't take itself too seriously. It poked fun but it also mixed enough serious in where it could appeal to traditional and other fans.

In 2004, Kalouria pushed for them to go more traditional then supernatural and the show was great. We got many payoffs but the supernatural was all but gone and that was a big part of the show's identity. Tabitha was barely seen. In mid-2005, the big disaster story and GG's hiatus signaled a big change in the show and it never recovered. The show, which was not new to shock and awe storytelling, became about nothing but that. You didn't feel that stories had direction anymore. It just felt like things were coming out of nowhere just to make sure each shock was bigger then the last. It got far too controversial and seemed to be trying too hard to offend. Toss in all the rapes and misogyny and the show, outside of a few periods, just became a shell of it's self. Even the funny stuff couldn't counteract all the rapes and other offensive things being done.

I still hate seeing the show go and, as I said, it's last few years were not all bad. The show had it's moments but it began steadily going downhill for me in late 2005 and it never was the same. Shows do change but when it gets to the point where you find yourself appalled more times then you are happy watching the show, it's an issue.

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

I am glad that Edna and Norma are going to get married. I read somewhere that Tabby is going to be doing the ceremoy does anyone know if that is true?

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

^ I'm pretty sure it is Angelbaby

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

That happens this tuesday, Angels.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply