Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; 7/7/08 - 7/11/08
Topic Started: Jul 7 2008, 10:13 AM (5,349 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Classic clip is a montage from the 35th Anniversary episode...

Wimbledon is (finally) over, Days is back, and it's time for y'all to discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Great clip. Its awesome to see Alice again. Its been too long.

I'm actually watching today's episode after a LONG time, so lets see what I think.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Jinxed Soul
Jul 7 2008, 11:26 AM
Great clip. Its awesome to see Alice again. Its been too long.

I'm actually watching today's episode after a LONG time, so lets see what I think.
Hee, hopefully your reaction won't be the reaction ND is having in your avatar.

I haven't seen today's show yet but today sounds good so we will see. Judging by spoilers things might finally be looking up for the show.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ok, just watched the show, it was pretty good. Even the parts I hated like Chan worked given we were obviously supposed to not root for them and the fact everyone blamed them for Kate's fainting spell was hilarious (and true as well). Kate obviously knows more on Daniel then she is telling Chelsea and Lexie is apparently jealous Daniel is dating the town brat who by the way acted incrediably bratty. Chelsea looked very immature while Daniel's "To hell with the consequences, I am going to go forward with this" looked reckless at best and creepy at worse. Excellent.

The dueling sex offs was won by EJole hands down. God, ND can't act and today showed it. But I must hand it to Dena that she took the boring Ejamicus triangle and made it into a Pentagon with now Sami on the outside.

I'm not sure what I can say about the Marlena scenes. Do I feel sorry for her? On paper, but it's not like she really gave the nuJohn a chance and the oldJohn wasn't exactly full of memories himself. I am sorry TB isn't given much of a storyline in this.

Nick! He's a pickpocket! Cute. However, I am going to be irritated that teh show spent a majority of an episode Stephanie telling Chelsea every detail about Trent being Max's father...but when it's time for the geeky guy who actually works with the man to find out, that's done off screen. I think it could have actually pushed this story further. Instead of telling Chelsea, Stephanie tells Nick who is shocked but wants to talk to Max about it, who (of course) gets mad. It helps to add angst to the Stax relationship but could possibly have strengthened the Nick and Max friendship (which I think is important since I believe the two guy friends are going to wind up being at odds with each other again very soon.)

Ellie

So, today's show. "Elevator scenes" - still hate the fact that there is so much gratuitous sex on the show. Just plays out to me like a trashy movie rather than a soap opera. Especially since we recently saw one member of each of the 'elevator couples' in a love scene with someone else. Whatever happened to romance? As I've seen discussed in a few places recently, it used to be months before a couple's first kiss. This was the case with J&M and S&K. (I'm not sure about B&H - anyone know?) And this was the 80's, not the 50's, so it's not as if kissing and love scenes were inappropriate in the first place. It was a matter of good writing and the writers' taking their time to slowly build relationships. Judging by the fact that many of these couples are still in existence, I'd say those writers were doing something right.

J&M scenes - awful writing, wonderful acting. Deidre and Drake's performances made me buy into the ridiculous plot. I got choked up when Marlena was crying, and I love how Marlena took all of her frustrations out on John by shoving him. I also thought Drake played it very well, like when John told Ava he hadn't meant to hurt Marlena. Again, I think the writing is terrible - J&M need to meet in the middle, John shouldn't be so cruel, Marlena shouldn't be so inflexible. And the writers should acknowledge that J&M have the very connection that's being written for John and Ava - that they've both been brainwashed and manipulated. But given this terrible writing, I don't think today's performances could have been any better.

Chelsea/Daniel- they still have the 'ewww' factor for me. I did enjoy watching Victor try to talk some sense into Chelsea. Wish they'd use him more for this sort of thing. And I always get sentimental over the Brady July 4th events (though I thought Frances Reid's absence today left a noticeable void.) I wish Higley had let us enjoy what is usually a warm, sweet annual family event without bringing Chelsea and Daniel's issues into it.

jane1978

I really liked the show today too. Even Chlucas scenes werenīt so terrible as I was afraid, it actually looked better on screen than as an idea on paper. For once BD really told the truth because some their scenes were obviously very carefully choreographed.

As for EJami, sorry, but under this writing team Nicol wins hands down. The writing was amazing today and no matter what Nicol or EJ says, this was the dialog meant for a longterm couple. Itīs just amazing how different writer can turn a character completely over because we all know how terrible and one note Nicol was when Reilly wrote the show and now is quickly developing into one of most interesting character. Iīm so wishing the rumours are true and Nicole is really the Maxīs sister mum.

I liked Marlenaīs determination at the end of laboratory scenes, but unfortunatelly we all know itīs all for nothing because this new John is here to stay. Drake seems to be really enjoying himself and the writers actually likes to write for him again. It will be powerfull when THIS John clashes with Stefano.

Daniel and Chelsea need to get a room! And Stax/Nick are much better now when the "Max is a hidden genious" angle is finally behind us and the story is more about Max, the girlīs photo and Trentīs secrets. Of course, Max could easily ask Nick months or so ago, but now, when the story is finally moving I might even enjoy it. Itīs certainly mile better than whatever attempt at a summer teen story did Sheffer last year.

Alligato
Member Avatar

EJole vs. Chucas!
EJole hands down!

Chloe/Lucas was awful! There was no substance...say a line then kiss, say a bad line then kiss. No flow, and dialogue was all over the place. Not surprising from Chloe (man, she sucks!) but Lucas usually can keep it all together. It was just BAD BAD BAD! It looked so rehearsed and uncomfortable! It was hard for me to watch!
And cjknick pointed out in another thread that Bryan had to keep wiping his mouth after sloppy kisses was right on target! I had to laugh! Ew on many levels!

EJole was hot...and now that I have seen it, hot damn about Nicole riding that bronco in the beginning! Sheesh! I loved the tender parts, and think they would be an interesting couple, but the signs point to EJ not being over Sami. They kept focusing on his ring, he called out Sami's name, he wants someone amazing for Nicole...I don't know if this foreshadowing or just the beginning for them, but I am interested in being on that ride! I could have kept watching EJ/Nicole talk, banter, bang, whatever...
Good stuff!

I kind of felt bad for Chan today. Everyone was giving them shit! Come on! They are over 21, single, free...so everyone needs to shut the hell up! And big damn hypocrites like Kate, Victor, Bo, Hope, Doug, Julie, Lexie...all of them. Do they really have the balls to lecture people on relationships? They have lived through some screwed up relationships...all of them. Stop gawking, get off your high horse and let those two go at it.
Now, don't call me a fan of Chan though. Daniel is a bit creepy, and Chelsea makes me want to smack the white off her! And her bangs annoy me!

John/Marlena was interesting! Loved that Marlena pushed him and cussed him out! And through it all, I find John so damn sexy! Ava adds an interesting twist to all of this, and I am tired of Marlena's crap!
If she is so hell bent on getting back oldJohn, why doesn't she just sleep with him constantly, spend all of her time with him, and work on him. Abandoning him in prison for a few weeks to find herself for the second time isn't the best way to rediscover your man!
I like both Jarlena and Java!

I enjoyed today's show!
Doug and Julie look so damn ridiculous! I would be so pissed that my few days out of the year that I get to be on my show, I have to dress up like a friggin idiot!

Ellie

Alligato
Jul 7 2008, 03:25 PM
Doug and Julie look so damn ridiculous! I would be so pissed that my few days out of the year that I get to be on my show, I have to dress up like a friggin idiot!
COMPLETELY AGREE. Last fall during the Shelle wedding and then at Christmas, I thought the show was positioning them to be the next Tom and Alice. I'd been really looking forward to that. And now this. :(

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 7 2008, 03:45 PM
Last fall during the Shelle wedding and then at Christmas, I thought the show was positioning them to be the next Tom and Alice. I'd been really looking forward to that. And now this. :(
That was before we had a writer whose only use for them is to be Daniel/Chelsea cheerleaders. :hmmph:

Ellie

Mason
Jul 7 2008, 04:01 PM
Ellie
Jul 7 2008, 03:45 PM
Last fall during the Shelle wedding and then at Christmas, I thought the show was positioning them to be the next Tom and Alice. I'd been really looking forward to that. And now this. :(
That was before we had a writer whose only use for them is to be Daniel/Chelsea cheerleaders. :hmmph:
Exactly. (Though seeing them as Santeen cheerleaders last summer wasn't much fun either.)

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

I hated the elevator sex stuff. ICK. Daniel is being so f-ing reckless.I wish they had turned this early on into a Kate/Daniel pairing and Chels being the odd one out. If they had an affair years ago,I bet they have a kid somewhere

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Please, no more kids.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Dayzfan
Jul 7 2008, 04:11 PM
If they had an affair years ago,I bet they have a kid somewhere
Billie? (hee)

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Chelsea doing it with her grandpa? Days doesn't seem to shy away from incestuous relationships

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Ellie, excellent points on the Jarlena material. I too thought they were well acted, but the dialogue was a bit off. I did like them mentioning ISA just because though. Wasn't crazy about Sami being there or Marlena diving into her daughter's troubles this episode like right after thinking she lost the love of her life forever for the third time in a year and a half. Of course it's not like having everything be about Sami is anything new for this show.

The Kate drama was OK I guess, but yeah Julie and Doug's outfits are a bit... Passionsy I must say. It also struck me how annoying it is to me that the Horton 4th of July party storyline is all about non-Hortons. Is there even one Horton there besides Hope?

As for the elevator sex... first of all, if DAYS is going to give us this many sex scenes they need another sex theme to rotate into things besides the lusty saxophone accompaniment. If only I was scoring this show we definitely would have got "Love in an Elevator" for those scenes today since they were a bit too physical and aggressive for typical soap stuff, I thought. A lot more music videoish.

Maybe I'm a prude, but I found EJ-Nicole a bit... graphic... when he was sort of going down on her and in all honestly I felt the same way when he was giving belly kisses to Sami in there scene but at least then they were in bed. I just don't watch soaps for the sex against a wall type stuff. Now the neck nuzzling, heavy breathing, cuddling afterglow stuff we got later in the scenes... sure. That's soapy goodness. That's what love in the afternoon is all about.

And Chlucas? Oh God. I want to like them because I hate Lumi more than anything else on this soap and if BD is here to stay again then I want to be able to watch his scenes without wanting to throw things at the TV, but that was just... weird. I mean don't get me wrong I... I wasn't mad about anything and actually found the scenes totally entertaining, but just not in the way I'm sure the writers meant me to.

I wish Nick had something to do besides be Max's sidekick.

Ellie

IMissAremid
Jul 7 2008, 10:45 PM
Ellie, excellent points on the Jarlena material.
Thanks!

Quote:

I did like them mentioning ISA just because though.
Yes, I agree, the ISA mention was a nice touch.

Quote:

Wasn't crazy about Sami being there or Marlena diving into her daughter's troubles this episode like right after thinking she lost the love of her life forever for the third time in a year and a half.
Oh I know, I groaned when I heard that line.

(Marlena to Sami) "Things are different, and we have to accept that. "
(Sami to Marlena) "You want to talk about it?"
(Marlena to Sami) "No, I want to talk about you and EJ. And Lucas."

It's just another example of "in your face" writing, like Doug and Julie discussing Dan/Chelsea. If the stories are that interesting, they should be able to stand on their own without the veteran characters having to mention them at every turn.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm watching now and the chemistry between EJ and Nicole is off the charts..love that we got hot and passionate sex and romantic cuddling towards the end of the episode..These two have the potential to be a huge supercouple for Days...and boy did James looks sexy today...love the scruff on his face..

Lucas and Chloe weren't anywhere near as hot, but i'm fine with them hooking up for the drama its going to cause Sami....And i was impressed with BD shirtless scene, he's been working out..and i like the tattoo..

John, Marlena, and Ava were pretty good too..I wish this triangle could go on longer...

and i enjoyed everyone objecting to Daniel and Chelsea, it seems like everyone is voicing what the fans have been saying since day 1..

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Really today was a showcase of the difference on how to makeout and how to not. Ejole shown the right way, Chan definitely was the bad end(kind of like the "before" to Ejole's "After.")

Take some notes Chan....

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

My only gripe about today's show, was i assumed the whole episode that the show would end with the elevator doors opening and Sami seeing EJ and Nicole half dressed..That would have been the perfect cliffhanger..but we didn't get that..we just got fireworks..

Ellie

Kevc1980
Jul 8 2008, 12:05 AM
My only gripe about today's show, was i assumed the whole episode that the show would end with the elevator doors opening and Sami seeing EJ and Nicole half dressed..That would have been the perfect cliffhanger..but we didn't get that..we just got fireworks..
Great point. The fireworks really were misplaced. They should have been at the end of last Wednesday's show, before the Wimbledon break. And the cliffhanger you mention would have been perfect today.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply