Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; 7/7/08 - 7/11/08
Topic Started: Jul 7 2008, 10:13 AM (5,480 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Days4Life
Jul 9 2008, 10:01 AM
IMissAremid
Jul 8 2008, 10:50 PM

And lastly, could someone explain whatever reference Chloe used to explain the hysterics she was going to put on before they got out of the elevator. I didn't hear/understand it when I saw some clips yesterday and I didn't understand it watching the epi tonight and so it just caused my mind to drift back to those old SNL Mary Katherine Gallagher sketches where Mary Katherine would randomly spout off monologues from Lifetime movies of aggrieved women and somehow I don't think that's quite what DOOL was going for.
Chloe was referring to a famous opera diva named Kathleen Battle (or maybe it's Katherine, can't remember for sure), who is well known for her dramatic backstage tantrums.
Oh. That actually makes sense. Thanks!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

There are days that I feel like Higley has gotten me to the point where I just don't care about the show anymore. What has she done to all of the characters I've loved through the years? I have lost my love for the EJami pairing....at this point even if they ever did get together it would just be temporary I'M SURE.

Then there are a few choice moments that I actually do enjoy the show. I just wish there was some kind of consistency....it just seems like all of the characters are all over the place....literally. I feel like I'm going through an soap opera emotional roller coaster, fucking tug-of-war. I'm not at the point where I will stop watching.....not yet anyway....I guess I'm just a masochist that way.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed wednesday's show..Trent is a creep and i'm loving him tormenting Nicole..Looking forward to EJ possibly coming to her rescue when he pieces everything together...But Trent telling Nicole to break things off with EJ was a great twist..Also loved Caroline giving Trent a warning regarding Max..Its so nice seeing Caroline getting airtime during this Max story..and honestly, now that the genius stuff is behind us i'm really enjoying the Max/Trent storyline...

It was nice seeing Steve and Kayla today and i've missed them..Its a shame they are once again storyless....Seeing Lexie, Abe, and Theo was also nice...Glad we are finally getting to see Theo in this autism story..

Chloe blabbing to Phillip was a shocker..Can't believe she did that...What a bitch!!! But i loved it, as Phillip looked so pissed...This is totally going to push Morgan and Phillip together more..

My gripe about this episode was Morgan's long flashback..I sure hope this trend ends soon..

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

darraholic
Jul 9 2008, 09:49 AM
I found yesterdays show to be rather meh. The Chloe/Lucas/Sami/EJ/Nicole drama was great but the Stax scenes was truly awful. I'm getting rather sick of Max whining every single episode.
I'm tired of Max and Steph both of them do things on a consistent basis that drive me up the wall, Max with the whining and raging and Steph with her teenage talk and behavior.

Has anyone else noticed that it looks like they really pile the makeup on Darrin Brooks at times? I mean yesterday when they did a closeup on his face it looked like he had a mother load of makeup on, especially the blush; between that and his weird looking facial hair it's just plain weird.....

I'm loving me some Ejcole and Java, those are just about the only things I'm loving lately though......

The stories are ok but the way they are carried out a lot of the times falls flat and makes me want to tune out, and the dialogue drives me bonkers way to often. Sometimes it reminds me of dialogue on Passions, the way things get repeated at times and the things that people say.......

It drove me crazy on Tuesday the way Lucas & Chloe went on in the elevator about how much they didn't regret "making love", if I had been playing a drinking game and had a drink every time one of them said "making love" I would have been head over heels stumbling drunk in the middle of the afternoon......

Mason
Member Avatar

That's one of the things I hate most about the show since Higley returned. The dialogue is back to being totally amateurish, and most of the times, it just makes me roll my eyes. I hate it when characters in TV talk like NO ONE in reality actually would.

Days4Life

Since I forward all the Max and Stephanie scenes, I haven't seen a lot of the Trent character until this week, with Nicole. He's very scary! I had the TV on but was in the kitchen doing something and heard this creepy music start up and looked over at the TV--it was Trent and the music was screaming "evil guy here"! So I watched and was riveted, although I'd love to know why he has so much power over Nicole that she will dump EJ just because he said so. Do we know and I've missed it, or is this another case of Dena leaving the viewers in the dark? I don't mind, as long as she doesn't drag it out too long. RB is certainly good at portraying menace in a very subtle, quiet way.

Chloe is so stupid to tell Philip about Lucas. Her jealousy is over-riding her common sense (if she has any). I wish she was being written more like she was when she returned last year. I liked that confident, mysterious, femme fatale Chloe a lot more than the screaming shrew we have now.

On a shallow note, I have to say how gorgeous Nicole looked in that yellow top and jeans. Stunning! Hair, make-up and wardrobe are doing very well by Ari; especially when contrasted to Sami's horrible top earlier this week.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Even though I am not big on this whole EJ and Nicole pairing .... I wouldn't mind EJ coming to Nicole's rescue and going up against Trent. EJ going all DiMera on him could be fun to watch. Dean Robbins has no idea who he is dealing with. Messing with a DiMera is not a smart idea! EJ could deal with him with little or no effort! And Nicole there is nothing you could have done that EJ would not accept you for. EJ is the least judgemental person on the planet! Those in glass house can not throw stones.

So EJ come to Nicole's rescue and then high tail it back to Sami! Stat!
Edited by cjknick, Jul 10 2008, 08:55 AM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Rhiannon
Jul 9 2008, 11:09 PM

Has anyone else noticed that it looks like they really pile the makeup on Darrin Brooks at times? I mean yesterday when they did a closeup on his face it looked like he had a mother load of makeup on, especially the blush; between that and his weird looking facial hair it's just plain weird.....
Sorry, I wind up being distracted by DB's weird taste in jewelry and his necklaces that he usually sports, lately they have had super giant medallions.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Days4Life
Jul 10 2008, 08:41 AM
Do we know and I've missed it, or is this another case of Dena leaving the viewers in the dark? I don't mind, as long as she doesn't drag it out too long. RB is certainly good at portraying menace in a very subtle, quiet way.

Chloe is so stupid to tell Philip about Lucas. Her jealousy is over-riding her common sense (if she has any). I wish she was being written more like she was when she returned last year. I liked that confident, mysterious, femme fatale Chloe a lot more than the screaming shrew we have now.

On a shallow note, I have to say how gorgeous Nicole looked in that yellow top and jeans. Stunning! Hair, make-up and wardrobe are doing very well by Ari; especially when contrasted to Sami's horrible top earlier this week.
No, we don't know yet what Trent has over Nicole. He obviously terrifies her but I suppose Dena may still be trying to make up her mind as to what that secret is. Given that Nicole isn't exactly an upstanding citizen the mind boggles as to what she could be so upset would be revealed.

I agree that she looked lovely yesterday. Her spaghetti-strap top looked miles better than the ill-fitting one Sami's been falling out of the last several days. Plus Nicole's hair looks so pretty softly waved like that.

I do disagree with you about Chloe though. I don't think it was stupid of her to tell Philip about Lucas. I agree with you that I hate the way she's being written, which IMO is in order to prop Phorgan, but at least her telling Philip came off, to me, as both honest and clear that she wasn't going to allow him to manipulate her anymore. Philip, who I adore. . . although that ardor is cooling the more he's paired up with Morgan. . . deserved some of his own medicine. I see nothing wrong at all with Chloe telling him she had sex with Lucas and, importantly, was moving on. She didn't do it just to hurt him, she did it because she was hurt and supposedly (although I don't see it) feels a connection to Lucas. IMO it makes her look a whole lot smarter than Morgan, who continues to trust Philip for no reason at all--Chloe even warned her again not to, which Morgan seems to keep attributing to jealousy but I can't wait for her to find out the truth.

Days4Life

Paxton
Jul 10 2008, 10:30 AM

I do disagree with you about Chloe though. I don't think it was stupid of her to tell Philip about Lucas. I agree with you that I hate the way she's being written, which IMO is in order to prop Phorgan, but at least her telling Philip came off, to me, as both honest and clear that she wasn't going to allow him to manipulate her anymore. Philip, who I adore. . . although that ardor is cooling the more he's paired up with Morgan. . . deserved some of his own medicine. I see nothing wrong at all with Chloe telling him she had sex with Lucas and, importantly, was moving on. She didn't do it just to hurt him, she did it because she was hurt and supposedly (although I don't see it) feels a connection to Lucas. IMO it makes her look a whole lot smarter than Morgan, who continues to trust Philip for no reason at all--Chloe even warned her again not to, which Morgan seems to keep attributing to jealousy but I can't wait for her to find out the truth.
I didn't complete my thought on why I thought Chloe was stupid. She wasn't stupid to be honest concerning HERSELF--she was stupid because she had been begging Philip to help Lucas avoid being sent to prison, then she told him that she had sex with Lucas the night before. It probably wasn't smart of her to let the truth out BEFORE Philip did whatever he could to help Lucas. Not that I would personally mind Lucas rotting in prison for the rest of his life, but others do care, including Chloe.

I do agree that Morgan is being blind and stupid to trust Philip for no real reason, except that he's awfully pretty!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Days4Life
Jul 10 2008, 11:55 AM
I didn't complete my thought on why I thought Chloe was stupid. She wasn't stupid to be honest concerning HERSELF--she was stupid because she had been begging Philip to help Lucas avoid being sent to prison, then she told him that she had sex with Lucas the night before. It probably wasn't smart of her to let the truth out BEFORE Philip did whatever he could to help Lucas. Not that I would personally mind Lucas rotting in prison for the rest of his life, but others do care, including Chloe.

I do agree that Morgan is being blind and stupid to trust Philip for no real reason, except that he's awfully pretty!
Aah, I see where you're coming from. I'm not sure it would have made a difference, since Philip had already said there wasn't anything else he could do. I know what you mean about being indifferent to Lucas's fate myself, but you're right, Chloe obviously cares and feels very guilty. I don't think she should feel that guilty since she did tell him not to come over and he did anyway.

I know what you mean about Morgan's blind trust only being explainable because Philip's so very pretty. . . but I really, really, really think that if my father were missing and I had all the information Morgan has (let alone the info she doesn't), I think I would be staying away from Philip, dimples and all, at least until I found what happened and he was cleared.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Another pretty good show..My favorite part was Victor and Caroline's small scene at the end, planning their "date"...and then Victor collapsing..I'm hoping that whatever happens with Victor, brings him and Caroline closer, as i really want to see this pairing happen..

Chloe vs. Morgan was pretty fun..Love seeing Chloe's bitchy side...Nadia can play that very well..And i like Lucas and Phillip at odds...

Nicole, EJ, and Trent was pretty good..but not much different from yesterday...

Pearly
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 10 2008, 10:30 AM
Days4Life
Jul 10 2008, 08:41 AM
Do we know and I've missed it, or is this another case of Dena leaving the viewers in the dark? I don't mind, as long as she doesn't drag it out too long. RB is certainly good at portraying menace in a very subtle, quiet way.

No, we don't know yet what Trent has over Nicole. He obviously terrifies her but I suppose Dena may still be trying to make up her mind as to what that secret is. Given that Nicole isn't exactly an upstanding citizen the mind boggles as to what she could be so upset would be revealed.

Anyone think Trent could've been Nicole's pimp?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Amazing how my enjoyment of the show goes up without Chan on my screen.

Not sure the point of Max inviting Trent to the pub to tell him he's out of his life (again) but it does allow him to have a scene with Caroline and Nicole. I was surprised at the horrid Nicole/Victor flashbacks, so glad I missed those years, but it was sweet to see Nicole get tender (almost) while Victor began developing signs of his upcoming stroke.

EJ should wear glasses more often.

Not really caring on the Sami/Lucas stuff but at least it was different than shouting.

I didn't like Morgan following Chloe to the Inn. I really do like Phorgan but I don't like this side of Morgan, not that I want her to be some sweet angel type person either.

Mason
Member Avatar

I want Phorgan, but I despise the way that Higley's going about it. It's all wrong, and could end up ruining them before they even get started.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
Jul 10 2008, 04:47 PM
I want Phorgan, but I despise the way that Higley's going about it. It's all wrong, and could end up ruining them before they even get started.
See, I think it was going really well until a couple of weeks ago when they rushed their first kiss (yes I say it's rushed) and having Morgan be the one to instigate is a bad move. I think it would work better if Philip had kissed her, at first maybe to try to get her to calm down about Paul but it becomes clear he's getting close to her and when she finally finds out his role in Paul's demise...she can believe his kissing was to use her and not believe him when he tells her otherwise.

Now she looks foolish and I'm having a hard time buying her 100% trust in Philip, maybe in another older father figure guy, say Chelsea's Dad agreeing to help her find Paul (on a platonic level of course) but she's seen Philip do a few shady things and knows he's a Kiriakis. I like her to be a little smarter.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Mason I though you weren't watching lmfao :P

Mason
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jul 10 2008, 11:18 PM
Mason
LoL, I'm still watching (albeit with a lot of FF-ing).

Alligato
Member Avatar

just commenting on today's show...
I hear some rumbling that EJ is totally out of character acting like a sick puppy following around Nicole begging her to like him (kind of like he did to Sami for awhile)...but I don't think I see it that way.
I think the whole reason EJ is pestering Nicole to be his friend/lover is because he notices something is going on with Trent. It is about finding out why she was so horny for him during the past few month and all of a sudden, she isn't. Not so much that he is in love with her and wants a relationship.
Just my thinking.
It is odd that he keeps persuing her.

Just loved today's show all around.
One of the big things I appreciate in the current stories is that we have Lucas/Sami/EJ/Nicole/Phillip/Morgan/Chloe all interacting with each other. Then you can connect Morgan with Stephanie/Max/Trent/Nicole, and eventually Chelsea/Dan/Victor/Kate which you can trace back to Phillip.

It bothered me last year that we had very few interactions outside storylines. They all live in the same city and know the same people...it makes sense that they see each other around town and know their business. I truly enjoy that aspect.

Sami crying (if you want to call it that) ALWAYS ruins a show for me. I HATE it!
I can't wait for her to find out that Lucas banged Chloe...she is so damn self righteous towards everyone that I will toast the day when she is brought down a few pegs.

I actually watched 3/4 of the show today...very little FFing...mostly where Max and Stephanie were concerned. If I hear her ask Max "are you okay" one more time, I won't blame Max for taking off without her. Also, I can usually overlook Max/Stephanie's incest, but when Steph calls Caroline "grandma" and Max calls her "ma", that is just too gross.

Also, if I hear the words "Paul's disappearance" one more time, I will lose my mind. Can we not come up with another way to say it?

I loved Victor and Caroline today! That is different, but interesting. I hope there is a romance with those two coming up! Maybe we will get Grandma sex, right Tripp? :)
Edited by Alligato, Jul 10 2008, 11:49 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 10 2008, 11:33 PM
Tammy
Jul 10 2008, 11:18 PM
Mason
LoL, I'm still watching (albeit with a lot of FF-ing).
LMFAO I haven't watched in a while... I think I broke my FF button. And this show doesn't currently deserve the energy it would take to get up a FF it by hand :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply