Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; 7/7/08 - 7/11/08
Topic Started: Jul 7 2008, 10:13 AM (5,166 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I was going to watch tonight on Soapnet, but that dammed MVP was on........

Forgot Thursday was it's regular night......
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thoughts about Wednesday first...

It was a solid episode. I am in love with the EJ/Nicole story and love the Trent complication. Also love seeing Caroline on so much and actively involved in Max's story. It's such a shame Max isn't with someone else because Stephanie is the only thing I dislike about his story.

Loved the stuff with Morgan and the letter. Nice setup and I enjoyed the autism story too. It got off to a rocky start but I'm glad it got some focus.

Now, on to Thursday, which was another great episode.

I was so happy to get flashbacks of Victor and Nicole. Dena should really use classic flashbacks rather then recent flashbacks (which is becoming annoying as they are happening much more lately) if she needs filler. So much better. It was nice reliving their relationship. Loved their scenes with EJ (loved his glasses) and I like how concerned Nicole got about Victor when he began feeling the affects of the stroke coming on. Higley really gets Nicole and has made her the best character currently on the show right now IMO. Enjoyed her scenes with Trent too. I also loved how we saw what could be a start to Victor and Caroline again. Sweet scenes, especially Stephanie trying to push Caroline to Victor. The scene where Caroline said it was a date and then Victor collapses was gripping. I love the way we saw things from Victor POV both with Nicole and then Caroline. This has to be the first cliffhanger since Kayla's baby was born in May. Loved it and hope to see more.

Enjoyed Max/Trent too and the police station stuff was even good today. I just love the Philip/Lucas tension and Morgan vs Chloe. Nadia is so much better as a bitch. Nice to see Bo call Lucas out on being selfish and to also see Hope being so concerned about Lucas was nice too. They are family afterall.

Now that the stories are all set up and seem to have direction, things are really improving by the day. With the exception of the flashbacks and Stax (and Chan but that depends), I'm really enjoying the show.

Shylock

I really hope they don't revert to that Flashback Ad Nauseam thing that they jettisoned with the garbage called Reilly a few years ago. I remember seeing flashbacks every other segment on the show back then and it just made the viewing experience that more unenjoyable.

Days4Life

On Thursday's show, they made a point of Victor asking if EJ was going to file the papers right away and then telling Caroline the divorce would be finalized "tomorrow", right before he collapsed. We also saw Trent asking Nicole what business she and EJ had with Victor and she told him that was none of his business. It crossed my mind that, with Victor now so sick, the divorce is going to be stalled somehow, maybe because of Trent blackmailing Nicole?

I had to laugh at Lucas telling Hope that he believed he had a good reason for shooting EJ and the judge sentenced him to ten years anyway. When is there ever a "good reason" to plan someone's cold blooded murder? Then Hope said, regarding Lucas violating his house arrest, that it wasn't "like him" not to put his family first. Apparently Hope doesn't know him too well!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

So, I just came up with this really STUPID idea for the secret. (Really stupid, but hey! It's me). Maybe Nicole was in bed with some REALLY bigwig who had a heart attack and died at the height of, well, you know, and Trent found out and helped her hide the fact. (maybe moved the dude's body somewhere else or something). So...............

Days4Life

ladyofthelake
Jul 11 2008, 09:26 AM
So, I just came up with this really STUPID idea for the secret. (Really stupid, but hey! It's me). Maybe Nicole was in bed with some REALLY bigwig who had a heart attack and died at the height of, well, you know, and Trent found out and helped her hide the fact. (maybe moved the dude's body somewhere else or something). So...............
That's probably a more interesting idea than what Dena will come up with.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Jul 11 2008, 09:25 AM

I had to laugh at Lucas telling Hope that he believed he had a good reason for shooting EJ and the judge sentenced him to ten years anyway. When is there ever a "good reason" to plan someone's cold blooded murder? Then Hope said, regarding Lucas violating his house arrest, that it wasn't "like him" not to put his family first. Apparently Hope doesn't know him too well!
I didn't realize how totally stupid funny that was until you pointed it out.
I kind of rolled my eyes when I heard Lucas' good reason comment on the show, but like most of the things lately, I just brushed the stupidness off.

If I am not mistaken, Lucas didn't even try to give the judge his "good reason" for shooting EJ...he confessed and wanted to do some time. Lucas really isn't the best at defending himself, is he?
He so could have played the blackout card for violating his house arrest, or even try to convince the judge that the first two times he broke house arrest were flukes. The man has no fight in him anymore! I really get the distinct impression that he doesn't want to go back to Sami...I can't think of any other reason why he would be so blaze' about going to PRISON FOR 10 YEARS!!!
What is so wrong with that boy that he doesn't fight going to prison? Carmine love?

cjknick
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jul 11 2008, 10:23 AM
Days4Life

I kind of rolled my eyes when I heard Lucas' good reason comment on the show, but like most of the things lately, I just brushed the stupidness off.

If I am not mistaken, Lucas didn't even try to give the judge his "good reason" for shooting EJ...he confessed and wanted to do some time. Lucas really isn't the best at defending himself, is he?
He so could have played the blackout card for violating his house arrest, or even try to convince the judge that the first two times he broke house arrest were flukes. The man has no fight in him anymore! I really get the distinct impression that he doesn't want to go back to Sami...I can't think of any other reason why he would be so blaze' about going to PRISON FOR 10 YEARS!!!
What is so wrong with that boy that he doesn't fight going to prison? Carmine love?
Bryan commented how Lucas was coming back and he was going to be different, stronger and with attitude - I ask you has the character of Lucas been any different since he came back?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Days4Life
On Thursday's show, they made a point of Victor asking if EJ was going to file the papers right away and then telling Caroline the divorce would be finalized "tomorrow", right before he collapsed. We also saw Trent asking Nicole what business she and EJ had with Victor and she told him that was none of his business. It crossed my mind that, with Victor now so sick, the divorce is going to be stalled somehow, maybe because of Trent blackmailing Nicole?

I don't think so. They made it clear Victor and Nicole had both signed and anything else to be filed would be done by counsel on their behalf. Given that they actually correctly explained that EJ would not normally be able to discuss the case with Victor without his counsel but that Victor had agreed to this meeting in order to get it over with, I have ever so slightly more faith that they're not going in the direction of "Vicole's marriage not really over." I don't see why they'd prolong it anyway. I thought Nicole just didn't want to tell Trent anything about her life, which I don't blame her.

Although I could go on and on with my Morgan hatred, I'll content myself with one observation: since she was clearly eavesdropping on Philip and Chloe she must have heard Chloe tell Philip she was moving on. That being the case, it seemed more than a little ridiculous for her to go after Chloe and act like her "relationship" with Philip (you know, the one where he's using her and she's acting like a fool) is somehow superior. Um, Morgan, if you were listening, and I know you were, doesn't look like Chloe's an obstacle to you chasing after the man who put your beloved daddy in danger and who he warned you away from, so what was the point of that entire conversation?

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

^Lucas hasn't been different in my opinion. The only thing I see now from when he first came back from prison is he is shouting less. Higley seems to have lost her grasp on his character, and also Sami. It's funny how someone who has been with Days on and off for as long as she has, doesn't get some of the characters. It is understandable about characters that weren't on the canvas while she was writing the other show, but really...
Yesterday's show wasn't too bad. Liked the scenes with Nicole, EJ & Victor. John Aniston really played the part of becoming sick really well, he is so good. We all know that Dr. Miracle will be able to save him. At least he better. I don't want to lose Victor.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Um, Morgan, if you were listening, and I know you were, doesn't look like Chloe's an obstacle to you chasing after the man who put your beloved daddy in danger and who he warned you away from, so what was the point of that entire conversation?

Ummm, filler? There has been a lot of that lately.
Edited by ArizonaDaze, Jul 11 2008, 11:24 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Hee, well, if they were that desperate for filler I would have rather watched another five minutes of Victor and Nicole flashbacks.

Days4Life

Alligato
Jul 11 2008, 10:23 AM
Days4Life

Lucas prefers going to prison to being with Sami! OMG--that's so funny!

I don't see any big changes in the character of Lucas, except they've toned down the screaming. Other than that, he's the same as he's been for years. Maybe his break from Sami will bring on some change, but it hasn't so far.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Has nobody watched today's show yet? I was just about to begin watching but I wanted to check in here first and see what people had to say. But so far? Nothing!

Mason

I'll probably watch this week's worth of shows tonight, when I want to go to sleep.

annalee003
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 11 2008, 04:50 PM
I'll probably watch this week's worth of shows tonight, when I want to go to sleep.
Be careful, you might dream of having sex with someone in a elevator.

Mason

annalee003
Jul 11 2008, 05:30 PM
Mason
LoL, you say that like it's a bad thing! :laugh:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

annalee003
Mason
:funny:

annalee003
Member Avatar

Mason
annalee003
Mason
Depending who your are in the elevator with it could be. :D

Mason

annalee003
Jul 11 2008, 06:05 PM
Mason
annalee003
Mason
Depending who your are in the elevator with it could be. :D
This is true. Ending up in elevator sex with Lucas would be a nightmare.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply