Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; 7/7/08 - 7/11/08
Topic Started: Jul 7 2008, 10:13 AM (5,275 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Fridays show was pretty good..I enjoyed the Victor stuff, and it was nice seeing Caroline and Kate sharing scenes..Also liked the hospital scenes..I'm glad Max is finally on his way to Europe..and the new guy filling in for Max at the Pub is really hot...

Also enjoyed the Lucas and Hope scenes..Nice seeing it acknowledged that they are family...Once again flashbacks were my least favorite part of the episode..At least Max's was from a few months ago, but Chloe's was pointless..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mason
Jul 11 2008, 06:09 PM
annalee003
Jul 11 2008, 06:05 PM
Mason
Jul 11 2008, 05:30 PM
annalee003
Jul 11 2008, 05:30 PM
Mason
Jul 11 2008, 04:50 PM
I'll probably watch this week's worth of shows tonight, when I want to go to sleep.
Be careful, you might dream of having sex with someone in a elevator.
LoL, you say that like it's a bad thing! :laugh:
Depending who your are in the elevator with it could be. :D
This is true. Ending up in elevator sex with Lucas would be a nightmare.
:laugh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Oh, man, this could be a hilarious thread. Who do you most want to end up in an elevator with and who would you HATE to end up with?

LOVE:
1. Philip
2. Lucas
3. EJ
4. Bo
5. Steve

HATE
1. Marlena (she'd gasp all the oxygen out)
2. Chloe (the whining monotone would alternately put me to sleep or break my eardrums)
3. Chelsea (just cause I'd be guilty of slapping the snot out of her)
4. Dr. Dan (I'd worry he'd shoot me up with a false disease just to play hero)

Mason

ladyofthelake
Jul 11 2008, 08:38 PM
Oh, man, this could be a hilarious thread. Who do you most want to end up in an elevator with and who would you HATE to end up with?
It's certainly more interesting to talk about than anything currently on the show, that's for sure.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I don't think yesterday's episode was very good. I will say this for y'all, Monday's episode is really really good. So please tune in for that.

Anyway, for Friday, I think the fact that near the beginning Chelsea is thanking Daniel for basically telling her how to live her life cause he knows her better than she knows herself (WTF?) pissed me off so much it was tough to pay attention to anything else. Since when does Chelsea really need a man to think for her? And if he knows her that well, occupational therapist is the LAST profession she needs to be in. Why would the show do this? With Victor's stroke (which now is going to be all about Chan), wouldn't it have been better to allow Chelsea to choose this profession for herself after witnessing it firsthand through her grandpa? But NOOOOOOO. Can't have that.

Max leaving town would make me smile except we know (inevitably) Stephanie is going to follow and now Stax is going to be on their own trying to hold down a story w/o the help of stronger characters like Nick, Steve, Kayla and Caroline. Whatever.

Kate Kate Kate. Can they not have you do something else other than warn off women who sleep with Lucas? Oh wait, the ending. We now see Kate has been up to something new. Hee, literally, it can't come out soon enough.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

ladyofthelake
Jul 11 2008, 09:26 AM
So, I just came up with this really STUPID idea for the secret. (Really stupid, but hey! It's me). Maybe Nicole was in bed with some REALLY bigwig who had a heart attack and died at the height of, well, you know, and Trent found out and helped her hide the fact. (maybe moved the dude's body somewhere else or something). So...............
I didn't see Thursday's show yet (FUCK YOU MVP!) so I don't think I've seen the scene in question, but my theory from the beginning was it will come out that Trent and Nicole are still legally married and that will cost her the Victor cash because their marriage was never valid. I guess from what you described that would sort of support that theory.

But that reminds me of some Trent-Nicole scene I did see this week where Nicole claimed she met Trent after she left Salem years ago, but that totally wasn't the timeline I had in my head (that Trent was before Eric) so it kind of pissed me off at the time.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thoughts of Friday's episode...

I really liked it. Loved the Victor drama and Kate being there. I really like how this may be setting it up for Victor/Caroline, which I'm ready for. It's been 6 months since Shawn died and I like how they got the ball rolling this week on them should they choose to go there with them. Chelsea's little comment about Victor never getting over Caroline helped set the stage as well. It has been great seeing so much more of Victor and Caroline this month.

Loved all of Victor's loved ones being there and their interactions, especially Bo and Philip. The Chelsea occupational therapy stuff came off better then I thought. Thankfully, they had her mention not being on call at the BBQ as it reminded us of her going to Victor for a hospital job, who then asked Daniel for help with that. It kind of set things up well. I also liked the scene where Victor asked Caroline and Kate to look after his sons. Good stuff all around.

Kate/Chloe was fun. Glad we are hearing her refer to Nancy now. That was missing early this year. Loved the Hope/Lucas scenes. They haven't shared scenes in a long time and I love seeing family scenes, especially Horton ones.

Glad Max left. I did like the scene where he wrote the letter. The lighting was cool. I just want to get this adventure with him and Stephanie over so we can get back into the Trent stuff. I like the Max story when it focuses more on him and less on Stephanie AND him.

Nice ending too with Kate/Daniel's fling finally coming out. The endings have really improved and we seem to be getting more cliffhangers and more suspense now. Hope it continues. I wonder if Rick Draughon is helping that along.

I didn't mind the Max flashback because that was one of my favorite scenes this year (at least until Stephanie comes into the picture) and one of my favorite scenes of Darin's ever. The Chloe/Lucas flashback was stupid. Flashbacks were really the worst part of the week for me and one of the few things wrong this week. The show really is improving. Things are coming together and the flow and direction is much better. It's not a perfect show right now but it's definitely the best it's been since mid-March IMO.

A very solid week for the show IMO. Monday looks like a fun episode so I look forward to it.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jul 12 2008, 11:56 PM
But that reminds me of some Trent-Nicole scene I did see this week where Nicole claimed she met Trent after she left Salem years ago, but that totally wasn't the timeline I had in my head (that Trent was before Eric) so it kind of pissed me off at the time.
I think Nicole was lying to EJ about how long she knew Trent..Trent is obviously from her younger days..

Mason

Friday's episode was probably the best episode I've seen in months - and yet, it still bored me.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 13 2008, 09:06 PM
Friday's episode was probably the best episode I've seen in months - and yet, it still bored me.
And that's why DAYS has a big problem. It's not just that it's bad, it's that it's boring. GH is often bad and awful, but it is rarely boring. That's why I can't watch Y&R, it's boring. Boring is what makes people tune out, not bad.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
Jul 13 2008, 09:06 PM
Mason, I think you ought to check out Monday's episode. I've been loathing the show for some time and though I'm not saying it was perfect (I mean, there was still Chelsea propping Daniel and her "love" for him of course) but I say it was much better than Friday's.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

See, I find Y&R boring too (although getting better) but it's still character-driven and that is what I want and I know many others do too. I find aspects of Days character-driven right now but not all. Having said that, I do think most Days fans want plot-driven stories. Just judging by reactions around the net and off the net, it just seems that way.

Truthfully, that has hurt Days more then anything. I think the ratings went down moreso because of the lack of excitement and suspense, which the show is steadily improving at this month IMO. As I've said, the ratings are more driven by action and events now so if you provide that, you will be rewarded.

Days4Life

Friday's show wasn't bad; better than a lot of recent episodes. I liked Philip and Kate and her finding out about Chloe and Lucas. Now that we've had a long break from Kate's meddling, I find her entertaining again. And Lauren Koslow looked gorgeous. A couple weeks ago, when Kate had surgery, she didn't look so great, was kind of puffy looking in the face, but she's back to her beautiful self now. The Kate/Daniel reveal is interesting, too. I can't wait for the look on Chelslea's face when Saint Dan gets knocked off his pedestal.

Victor had better not die.

cassie1013

LOL the look on Chelsea's face will be PRICELESS. I wonder when this big reveal will take place? You guys don't think they would drag it out until..*gulp* SWEEPS do you? (is the next sweeps at the end of the summer or shit, November?).

I can just see this going on and on. :/ It will be Dan dating Chelsea, then all of a sudden you have grandma sleeping with him behind her back LOL. Or something stupid like that, does Dena drag shit out or not really cause I can't remember from her previous tenure..

Mason

Technically, July is a sweeps month, but no one ever really recognizes it like they do Feb, May and Nov (if they even do those).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply