Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passions to air from the very beginning in Canada; Update on page 4
Topic Started: Jul 8 2008, 01:50 PM (1,990 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Quote:

Hello,

We have great news for you. Starting in August Super Channel will air
Passions from the very beginning. An exact date has to be scheduled as of
yet, but it is coming. Please stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Super Channel

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?s=cda3008e5d41cffc63f6f38f0e87b374&showtopic=796891

SOAPS.com

"Although Passions is scheduled to end on August the 11th, Canadian fans of the series can still look forward to it continuing to air on a daily basis. Super Channel, which is the only Canadian channel that still carries the series, has confirmed for us that they will continue airing episodes after it's finale. It won't just be repeats of the final season either, they will be re-airing episodes from the beginning.

"Starting on August the 12th at 2:00 PM, Passions will begin to repeat from the very first episode. Audiences will be able to follow the show from its early days and early actors until its completion. This is sure to delight fans of the show, whether they watched it from the beginning or caught up with it later on. Either way, it should prove a fascinating and lovable experience for fans of the show.

"Episodes will air on the Super Channel from Monday to Friday at 2 and 4:00 PM EST.

"As a side note, there are currently rumors that the USA Network will be re-airing the series beginning later this summer, but the network has not officially confirmed this for us and the precise details are not known. Soaps.com will keep you informed of further details as they become public."
Edited by Rakesh198, Jul 13 2008, 05:04 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Congrats Canadians. :)

I'm sure USA will take forever to confirm that they will do the same in the US.

Mason
Member Avatar

Damn it! I was about to get really excited, until I read that it was in Canada.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 8 2008, 02:00 PM
Damn it! I was about to get really excited, until I read that it was in Canada.
I know how you felt. :laugh:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

99-03 was great and I would love to see all those eppys again.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rakesh198
Jul 8 2008, 01:50 PM
Quote:

Hello,

Best Regards,
Super Channel

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?s=cda3008e5d41cffc63f6f38f0e87b374&showtopic=796891
I KNEW I would return after a week to find bad news. Here it is.

USA BETTER the FUCK satisfy the American viewers. (Good for the Canadian viewers; I'm just pissed about no Pash for us!)
Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Jul 8 2008, 02:07 PM
Rakesh198
Jul 8 2008, 01:50 PM
Quote:

Hello,

Best Regards,
Super Channel

I KNEW I would return after a week to find bad news. Here it is.

USA BETTER the FUCK satisfy the American viewers. (Good for the Canadian viewers; I'm just pissed about no Pash for us!)
Are you forgetting that USA is owned by NBC? lol
So don't expect an announcement from them anytime soon. Still, they should confirm it since its out. It is obvious that USA will air the reruns. So don't worry, cause you'll get to see it. :cheers:

Welcome back, btw. :)

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Rick
1999 - 2004 or 2005 for me.

Mason
Member Avatar

Even if USA does air reruns, I'm sure they'll put them on at some weird hour when I won't be able to watch them anyway, LoL.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 8 2008, 02:13 PM
Even if USA does air reruns, I'm sure they'll put them on at some weird hour when I won't be able to watch them anyway, LoL.
They need to air it at 7PM or 8PM then it will be successful. Plus, NBC needs to advertise it and they need to advertise it on VH1 during those reality shows too. Lots of the young female Passions viewers are viewers who watch those shows.

Mason
Member Avatar

^ I think at that time, USA airs reruns of Family Guy or Friends, or something. And there's NO way they're going to replace that with PASSIONS.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 8 2008, 02:16 PM
^ I think at that time, USA airs reruns of Family Guy or Friends, or something. And there's NO way they're going to replace that with PASSIONS.
That sucks. About how many people watches those reruns? Millions?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

USA airs L&O SUV at 7PM & 8PM. They also air L&O SUV at other times during the day and night too. I say ditch that shit for Passions. lol

Deleted User
Deleted User

OK, gotta chime in here (and thanks, Rakesh, for the post! :wub:) TBS runs "Friends" and "Family Guy." Only TBS, Cartoon Network and syndies air FG, as far as I know. USA primetime has loftier material like (and I forget the day), originals, "Burn Notice," "Psych" (or is it "psyche" lol) and that other one. I don't see it in the primetime ("Passions," making it.) But rather later at night or in the afternoon.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Jul 8 2008, 02:40 PM
OK, gotta chime in here (and thanks, Rakesh, for the post! :wub:) TBS runs "Friends" and "Family Guy." Only TBS, Cartoon Network and syndies air FG, as far as I know. USA primetime has loftier material like (and I forget the day), originals, "Burn Notice," "Psych" (or is it "psyche" lol) and that other one. I don't see it in the primetime ("Passions," making it.) But rather later at night or in the afternoon.
I can watch it in the afternoon but I'm not staying up at 12 AM to watch it. I don't think they will be that stupid to air too late though. lol

USA is probably after the female demo since WWE Raw gives them the male demos.

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, I guess I got USA confused with TBS, LoL. Still, I can't really see USA dumping L&O: SVU in favor of PASSIONS.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Rakesh198
Jul 8 2008, 02:12 PM
Rick
1999 - 2004 or 2005 for me.
1999-2008 for me...lol.

I will be so upset if they don't air reruns on USA. I don't care what time since I can just tivo them, but they had BETTER show them!

Deleted User
Deleted User

That's not enough to keep me watching the SuperChannel. I'm cancelling my subscription on August 12.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

That's AWESOME!

That's one advantage for Canadians. I love being Canadian :laugh:

Deleted User
Deleted User

How can you stand to watch it again after you know how it ends? Re-watching it won't change the outcome.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply