Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passions to air from the very beginning in Canada; Update on page 4
Topic Started: Jul 8 2008, 01:50 PM (1,969 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jul 9 2008, 08:40 PM
I use Star Choice and they charge somewhere around $14-15 a month. All the movies on SC are quite boring. When I had the free preview in April all I watched was Passions.
Oh. You guys should flood Super Channel with emails saying you will get their channel if they lower the price. Tell them you want to watch Passions.

They seem to reply to emails. lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

that is not how things work ...

Deleted User
Deleted User

The only thing I watch on the SuperChannel is Passions, so it's worth the $15 a month for me. That averages about a dollar an episode, which is around what the online viewers pay.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Passions would have to pay me to watch it all over again.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

now if Superchannel were to start playing any of the Bell soaps from the beginning or atleast the early 90s, then this channel would suddenly be worth spending money on.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jul 10 2008, 12:51 AM
Passions would have to pay me to watch it all over again.
HAHAHA

JER can pay for us all. I'm sure he has a ton of money.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The only good thing about the SuperChannel is that Passions airs commercial-free, and also I can get it "on demand" so I can watch Passions at any time, whenever I'm in the mood. Usually I watch Passions around 10 PM.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Soaps.com

"Although Passions is scheduled to end on August the 11th, Canadian fans of the series can still look forward to it continuing to air on a daily basis. Super Channel, which is the only Canadian channel that still carries the series, has confirmed for us that they will continue airing episodes after it's finale. It won't just be repeats of the final season either, they will be re-airing episodes from the beginning.

"Starting on August the 12th at 2:00 PM, Passions will begin to repeat from the very first episode. Audiences will be able to follow the show from its early days and early actors until its completion. This is sure to delight fans of the show, whether they watched it from the beginning or caught up with it later on. Either way, it should prove a fascinating and lovable experience for fans of the show.

"Episodes will air on the Super Channel from Monday to Friday at 2 and 4:00 PM EST.

"As a side note, there are currently rumors that the USA Network will be re-airing the series beginning later this summer, but the network has not officially confirmed this for us and the precise details are not known. Soaps.com will keep you informed of further details as they become public."

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rakesh! Your picture reminds me of the early days of Passions when Sheridan was introduced as Princess Diana's best friend. My jaw dropped when that was revealed and I couldn't believe JER went there! But I love that he did because only JER has the balls to go there!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

RobynIsHere
Jul 13 2008, 10:14 PM
Rakesh! Your picture reminds me of the early days of Passions when Sheridan was introduced as Princess Diana's best friend. My jaw dropped when that was revealed and I couldn't believe JER went there! But I love that he did because only JER has the balls to go there!
Not to mention the sensitivity of a bull. :hmmph:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 13 2008, 10:52 PM
RobynIsHere
Oh, who cares? lol. It made Sheridan larger than life, and that's what JER knew he needed to do. Let us NEVER forget that immortal line in the beginning of the show. Sheridan was thought to be an "American princess." (Not like royalty, but like Britney's a pop princess, etc. -- that's all.) Linking Sher with Di was a sure-fire way to drive that point home. I, for one, fell for it, and loved Sheridan in the beginning. She truly fit the bill, back then, as this incredibly high-above-me kind of woman. (Now, in later years... and especially when she became a bitch...notsomuch..)
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 13 2008, 10:52 PM
RobynIsHere
It's not like she was freshly buried...Diana had been dead for about 2 years when that happened. Oh well, people need to stop being such pussies and realize it's fiction.

For clarification purposes, that's not a veiled insult, it's a comment about non-DR posters who got so bent out of shape over something so trivial.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I fell for it too. lol

Mason

RobynIsHere
Jul 13 2008, 11:20 PM
It's not like she was freshly buried...Diana had been dead for about 2 years when that happened.
Would you be saying that if JER had done something to parody the Holocaust, even though that was 60+ years ago?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 13 2008, 11:35 PM
RobynIsHere
It's not like she was freshly buried...Diana had been dead for about 2 years when that happened.
Would you be saying that if JER had done something to parody the Holocaust, even though that was 60+ years ago?
Stop trying to goad me into saying something that'll get me in trouble.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

LMAO

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
RobynIsHere
Oh, God, here we go. This is why this debate is never-ending. Diana wasn't parodied on "Passions." To parody means "to make a spoof or make fun of." She was merely written in as a character. Nothing was made to suggest they were poking fun of the late princess.

It wasn't a parody.

If they PARODIED her? Yes, that would have been bad, just as if they parodied the Holocaust.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

RobynIsHere
Jul 13 2008, 11:38 PM
Mason
RobynIsHere
I don't think that's necessarily the case. It's just a simple (but far-fetched) difference of perception. I say that, using the dictionary, of course. No parody there. She was just a character added to help drive story and to bring about suspense (would Sheridan die, in a similar way)? No one made fun of Di. Was it in questionable taste, by including the reference? Well, you could argue that. Was it a parody or the monstrosity that so many people have made it? Well, I've seen much worse on "South Park," and even then, that's not so bad since it's political satire that often goes over people's heads.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

RobynIsHere
Jul 13 2008, 11:38 PM
Mason
RobynIsHere
Well, then, I'll take that as a yes.

(And for the record, no one's trying to goad you. Don't flatter yourself. Believe me, I have much better things to do with my time than to try and get you into trouble)
Edited by Mason, Jul 14 2008, 02:42 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply