Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOAPnet Aquires More Movies; 'Mommie Dearest' and 'Clue' among them
Topic Started: Jul 10 2008, 04:39 AM (1,493 Views)
Tammy
Member Avatar

If SoapNet was smart they would pick a soap and start airing it from the BEGGINING, its very first episode!! I know I would tune in for that! Well depending on what soap they picked lol.
Edited by Tammy, Jul 11 2008, 01:19 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

The sad thing is that not many of the soaps are not available from the beginning.

Another World had to reach out to fans when they did most of their Anniversary Tributes - they begged fans for tapes or contact old actors who might have had stuff. I know that Victoria Wyndham somehow had some old clips.

TPTB never really planned on saving soaps from the beginning. Even the ones that were put on kinescopre or tape got burned or destroyed or they just kept using the same tapes over and over - taping over the previous stuff.
Edited by Steve Frame, Jul 11 2008, 02:00 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Tim I am not sure what the problem is. There are many who say they love the older soaps and watch them all the time on You Tube - in what little they are there.

AOL who offers some of the older soaps recently mentioned how disappointed they have been in how many actually take advantage of watching those.

I hear The O.C. and One Tree Hill and the like do good on SoapNet, but the older soaps like Another World and Ryan's Hope don't.

For me with Another World - if they had started earlier maybe people would have been more interested in watching. I watched but it wasn't appointment TV for me. If they had reshown any of the late 70's to very early 80's I would have been on it every single day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Steve Frame
Jul 11 2008, 02:00 AM
The sad thing is that not many of the soaps are not available from the beginning.

Another World had to reach out to fans when they did most of their Anniversary Tributes - they begged fans for tapes or contact old actors who might have had stuff. I know that Victoria Wyndham somehow had some old clips.

TPTB never really planned on saving soaps from the beginning. Even the ones that were put on kinescopre or tape got burned or destroyed or they just kept using the same tapes over and over - taping over the previous stuff.
That is just sad! We have shit like South Park and Bevis and Butthead preserved for ever on DVD... yet the good shows are lost forever. :frown:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason

Hey now, leave South Park out of this, LoL! :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 11 2008, 02:33 AM
I am sooo sorry I should "Respect Your Authoritah" lmfao :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason

That's right! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jul 11 2008, 02:33 AM
Amen!! :hail: :laugh: .
Offline Profile Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Sorry but for me South Park is one of the most disgusting shows I have ever tried to watch. I do not see the appeal of it at all - not one iota of it at all.

I thought Mystery Science Theater was dumb but it was even better than South Park.

IMO
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Steve Frame
Jul 11 2008, 03:06 AM

I thought Mystery Science Theater was dumb

Ahem!

Grabd the lemon joy your getting your mouth washed out :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Sorry as i said I thought it was dumb but I watched it. I like some of those shows but sorry South Park I ahve tried and tired but it is disgusting and for me is the worse show ever made.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic