Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Will Sami get a new visit from the stork?
Topic Started: Jul 11 2008, 06:52 AM (1,841 Views)
Jonatha

Source: TVGuide

Life just got a little more complicated for the hardest-working gal in showbiz. Alison Sweeney, the NBC darling who is currently doing double duty as a star of Days of Our Lives and the host of The Biggest Loser, is pregnant with her second child, due Jan. 20. Days has yet to announce if her crazy-ass character, Sami, will also get knocked up, but Sweeney hopes she does.

"I'd feel bad if the crew had to hide my pregnancy for months and months," she says. "Besides, Sami just gave birth to twins. What's one more?"

Sweeney broke the news to the next batch of Loser contestants during their Episode 5 weigh-in. (It'll air when Season 6 of the series returns this fall.) "It's going to be so weird gaining weight while everyone's trying so hard to lose it," says Sweeney, who has no rest in sight. She'll start shooting Season 7 in September and host the live finale for Season 6 on December 16 when she's at the eight-month mark. Michael Logan

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

Quote:

What's one more?"

Too many.

Ellie

Ponz
Jul 11 2008, 07:06 AM
Quote:

What's one more?"

Too many.
LOL yep. And anyway I hate it when TV shows do that, because then what would happen is Sami would discover she's pregnant when Ali is like 5 or 6 months along. It never really works out unless they plan it very early on in the actress's pregnancy.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I know its not a popular plan, but I wouldn't mind Sami being pregnant again...especially if Allie isn't EJ's baby. I mean, if she is already pregnant, why not add a future character to the show while forgoing the obnoxiously fake tummy pillow that all the actresses have to wear.

Maybe it would explain her totally psycho mood swings she has been having lately.
I'm all for it.
It would be kind of hilarious to see the real life age of her child compared to the one on the show. Her baby will be 4 years old, but on the show, he is 22 and gorgeous!

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 11 2008, 07:59 AM
Ponz
Quote:

What's one more?"

Too many.
LOL yep. And anyway I hate it when TV shows do that, because then what would happen is Sami would discover she's pregnant when Ali is like 5 or 6 months along. It never really works out unless they plan it very early on in the actress's pregnancy.
That's a good point. It would be September/October before they could work any pregnancy into the story. Sami would be showing well before she found out, LOL.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

The only reason I would not mind a prego Sami at this point is because the daddy would be the smoking hotness of Ej...god that man gets better and better looking everyday....Anyhoo, Sami would have 4 kids and imo she would be the new Kate Roberts...aka famous Salem breeder. 4 is alot for a 31 yr old character...but it would make this time easier for Ali, so I guess they should do it.

Brylilover

No thanks, we just got done with a pregnancy storyline with Sami. Not up for another one.

Mason

Please, God, NOOO.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Jul 11 2008, 08:38 AM
The only reason I would not mind a prego Sami at this point is because the daddy would be the smoking hotness of Ej...
That's hardly a given. They made Bo the father of Ciara despite Bope not being intimate anywhere near the relevant timeframe.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Ponz
Jul 11 2008, 08:49 AM
Dragonish1
The only reason I would not mind a prego Sami at this point is because the daddy would be the smoking hotness of Ej...
That's hardly a given. They made Bo the father of Ciara despite Bope not being intimate anywhere near the relevant timeframe.
Yeah but that is BOPE...And Lumi can not even be compared that SUPER. ;)

Ellie

Ponz
Jul 11 2008, 08:29 AM
Ellie
Jul 11 2008, 07:59 AM
Ponz
Quote:

What's one more?"

Too many.
That's a good point. It would be September/October before they could work any pregnancy into the story. Sami would be showing well before she found out, LOL.
LOL exactly. That's happened on sitcoms and I hate it.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Dragonish1
Jul 11 2008, 09:04 AM
Ponz
Dragonish1
Please, please please please don't start that debate again............ :drunk:
And Ponz is right. Bo's magic sperm seems to always work miracles! :D

I hope Sami's not pregnant. I'm really surprised Ali is going to try to work two jobs while pregnant. Ugh. But, oh, well. As long as they don't throw Nicole under the bus. But, then, maybe EJ will try to sue for custody of THIS baby.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jul 11 2008, 09:16 AM
Dragonish1
Ponz
Dragonish1
How is she starting a debate? It's her opinion.
I knew this thread would get out of control so I had to peak in. lol

I really don't want Sami to get pregnant. Never heard of protection?

I said on NBC a while ago about if she should be pregnant -

Kill of the twins in an accident. Sami & the twins, Lucas, EJ were coming home from somewhere - Lucas & EJ started to fight and Sami turned around and told them to stop, by them time she turned around to look at the twins, a car or something came and they hit the babies. They die. :( Funeral & stuff happens.

Sami decides to leave town. she comes back months later bring pregnant.

Hopefully she will know the real dad this time. lol
Or she doesn't come back pregnant. but Ali would want to stay on DOOL so idk...

Jonatha

ladyofthelake
Jul 11 2008, 09:16 AM
Dragonish1
Ponz
Dragonish1
And Ponz is right. Bo's magic sperm seems to always work miracles! :D

I hope Sami's not pregnant. I'm really surprised Ali is going to try to work two jobs while pregnant. Ugh. But, oh, well. As long as they don't throw Nicole under the bus. But, then, maybe EJ will try to sue for custody of THIS baby.
Ahhh.... Bo's Magic Sperm, it's been a while since I thought about that. :laugh:

Ellie

Rakesh198
Jul 11 2008, 09:55 AM
I said on NBC a while ago about if she should be pregnant -

Kill of the twins in an accident. Sami & the twins, Lucas, EJ were coming home from somewhere - Lucas & EJ started to fight and Sami turned around and told them to stop, by them time she turned around to look at the twins, a car or something came and they hit the babies. They die. :( Funeral & stuff happens.
Ouch. No more killing kids, please. Posted Image

squee
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Jul 11 2008, 06:52 AM
"I'd feel bad if the crew had to hide my pregnancy for months and months," she says.

I have a better idea, they should have Sami go visit Will and be gone for months and months! :cheer:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I wouldn't mind Sami being pregnant again. She did sleep with EJ a little while ago, and if she became pregnant, then it would make that lovers tryst actually mean something to me rather than ruining Sami's character by sleeping with him when she still loves Lucas.

And I don't think it would matter given the timeframe. Remember Belle's pregnancy? I thinks he found out she was pregnant in June or somewhere at the beginning of the summer. She didn't show at all during the summer, and then, come September, she was MAJORLY showing at Brady and Chloe's wedding, the day Claire was born. It was ridiculous. It's a soap.

I hated it when Alison was pregnant with Ben and the show had to hide it becaues Sami wasn't going to be pregnant. It could have been because Stephen Wyman was still there and the production/direction values were so poor, but they did such a horrible job hiding her stomach. You always saw the baby bump in almost every scene. With Ed Scott there and the other former Y&R directors and producers that know what they're doing, I think they'll do a better job at hiding the pregnancy if the show chooses not to make Sami pregnant.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

squee
Jul 11 2008, 10:41 AM
Jonatha
"I'd feel bad if the crew had to hide my pregnancy for months and months," she says.

I have a better idea, they should have Sami go visit Will and be gone for months and months! :cheer:
I agree. Unless they're moving Sami in a different direction, I think that they should rest the character as well. If we're just going to see her pine after Lucas, and confused by her feelings for EJ, then yes, send her away. If they come up with something different, awesome. If not, then send her to Switzerland.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

DrewHamilton
Jul 11 2008, 11:00 AM
squee
Jul 11 2008, 10:41 AM
Jonatha

I agree. Unless they're moving Sami in a different direction, I think that they should rest the character as well. If we're just going to see her pine after Lucas, and confused by her feelings for EJ, then yes, send her away. If they come up with something different, awesome. If not, then send her to Switzerland.
I couldn't agree more. I want the triangle from hell shot through the head, with Sami losing both men or if she has to keep one, let it be Lucas so I can FF them. I used to love Sami but I hate her so much now for a variety of reasons that I really, really need her gone for a while so that there's at least a chance I might could like her again. Maybe.

FanODays

Ponz
Dragonish1
Now, now, now.........don't you remember the flashback that was made to recreate history to have Mime Bo and Gina make love?

I cannot remember once when a real life pregnancy was worked into a storyline so I doubt it will happen her unless Sami went and slept with Philip and then got pregnant.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply