Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT; Tuc Watkins out again!
Topic Started: Jul 11 2008, 11:12 AM (2,469 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Steve Frame
Jul 11 2008, 01:26 PM
RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 12:55 PM
Rhiannon
Jul 11 2008, 12:50 PM
RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 12:43 PM
Dude, I scooped you on the Passions spoilers yesterday.
Actually SOD's Insider E-Mail had those same exact spoilers word for word and you made no mention as to the source of the ones that you posted......
Neither did Nelson.
Nelson is in the biz just like Soap Opera Digest is. He does not have to provide a source.

He has inside sources just like Soap Opera Digest does - since if it is unknown to you - he works for TV Guide.

The catty sarcastic remarks are not welcome. so tone it down.

And that goes for anyone else who feels like they have to make a sarcastic or catty remark just for the sake of making one.
I'm not making any sarcastic remarks---I'm simply saying, rather than regurgitate the SOD spoilers, why doesn't Nelson provide us with some actual Passions scoop that didn't already appear somewhere else?
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I am like others I don't see the big deal here toward GL. I mean some of the criticism is worthy but some people make a big deal about things that don't matter. My brother works in Alabama everyday. His company moved there. He has to drive 2 hours everyday to get to work. his company doesn't reimburse him. He is the one who chose to continue working for them when they moved.

I mean no companies are going to provide gas money to work. That is pretty much a given that you get there or you don't.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 01:28 PM
Steve Frame
RobynIsHere
Rhiannon
RobynIsHere
Actually SOD's Insider E-Mail had those same exact spoilers word for word and you made no mention as to the source of the ones that you posted......
Neither did Nelson.
Nelson is in the biz just like Soap Opera Digest is. He does not have to provide a source.

He has inside sources just like Soap Opera Digest does - since if it is unknown to you - he works for TV Guide.

And that goes for anyone else who feels like they have to make a sarcastic or catty remark just for the sake of making one.
I'm not making any sarcastic remarks---I'm simply saying, rather than regurgitate the SOD spoilers, why doesn't Nelson provide us with some actual Passions scoop that didn't already appear somewhere else?
Nelson doesn't have to. This is his column. he reports what Passions gives him. If they don't give him anything else he can't report it.

It is ridiculous to think so.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Steve Frame
Jul 11 2008, 01:31 PM
RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 01:28 PM
Steve Frame
RobynIsHere
Rhiannon
RobynIsHere
Neither did Nelson.

Nelson doesn't have to. This is his column. he reports what Passions gives him. If they don't give him anything else he can't report it.

It is ridiculous to think so.
Considering he's a writer in the public eye, I can damn well critique his work. And I think it's lousy to reuse Passions spoilers rather than get something good.
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Critiquing is work is fine. You didn't critique his work - you criticized him for something that is out of his damn control.

If you do not like his column - just don't read it.

Half the time most boards and most publications have the same news because it is what the shows release to them each week. They cannot report anything different from what the shows give them. Passions released the same damn spoilers for the show to both TV Guide and Soap Opera Digest and Soap Opera Weekly.

If you think you can do better go get a job working for a magazine yourself. Or just be grateful for what you get.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Steve Frame
Jul 11 2008, 01:36 PM

If you think you can do better go get a job working for a magazine yourself. Or just be grateful for what you get.
Don't tell me how to feel. Nelson has taken an anti-Passions stance and it's fairly obviously in his articles. It's very disrespectful to fans, especially when we have about a month left of our show. The least he could give us is some decent scoop.

Stop attacking me, Steven.
Quote Post Goto Top

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I get all the same spoilers from the same people Digest/Weekly do, and they ask us not to reword spoilers because they are written a certain way to "fool" you guys. I always add my thoughts to them.

And Suds only comes out on Friday, so I'm always outscooped if something breaks before Friday, sillies.

kserox10

RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 01:39 PM
Steve Frame

Don't tell me how to feel. Nelson has taken an anti-Passions stance and it's fairly obviously in his articles. It's very disrespectful to fans, especially when we have about a month left of our show. The least he could give us is some decent scoop.

Steve was not attacking you.

He was stating out facts. Nelson is a reporter who reports scoops and spoilers.

King
Member Avatar

Robyn, it is true Nelson is a writer in the business, but he is also a poster and member of this community, and as per the rules, the DR does not tolerate the attacking or baiting of other members.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Quote:

The imposter playing Lily

Oh Nelson, you know I love you and I support you big time, but I so wish you had not said ----well typed that.

I hated when ABC bought into this new fan thing of faux or fake or whatever the fans call it these days. I hated that ABC villified fans saying that by making a big promo of it and now here you go villifying it.

I love Martha Byrne too and hated to lose her, but so did I with many others through my years of watching soaps. But I still loved the character - the character was still the same. I wish we could get back into that mode - I think soaps would be a whole lot better off - if once again the fans thought of it as being about the characters and not who is playing them.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I'm a huge Lily fan, and want MB back. Love Noelle as well. It's time for ATWT to bring MB back.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh by the way Nelson - great column again.

I sure hope that Vincent goes to GH. I am not watching right now but I can always go back at any time. I love Vincent.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

This just in: Passions still sucks. And it's cancelled. There are no scoops, that show's finale was written off years ago. And we're only allowed to post spoilers a week before they air.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh I love Martha too and want her back.

I guess I just have learned to be more accepting of recasts through the years or something. I have had to be - so many of my favorite characters were recast - and some biggies at that.

I have loved Lily since day one on the show - now through 4 actresses and I have loved the character through each one - no matter who is playing her.

Lucy Deakins was probably the least talented of the 4 actresses, but the character has always stayed the same in love for me.

Deleted User
Deleted User

hunterforrester
Jul 11 2008, 01:52 PM
This just in: Passions still sucks. And it's cancelled. There are no scoops, that show's finale was written off years ago. And we're only allowed to post spoilers a week before they air.
It does not suck! Is Dana Sparks coming back?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

kserox10
Jul 11 2008, 01:42 PM
RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 01:39 PM
Steve Frame

Steve was not attacking you.

He was stating out facts. Nelson is a reporter who reports scoops and spoilers.

Steve took a very confrontational tone with me. I believe that is considered baiting.
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

No it was not. You were called out initially for your smart remark back to an administrator here. That was the initial thing that was uncalled for.

All she did was remind you of the policy that all spoilers posted must have a source - when you posted your Passions spoilers you did not list the post and Rhi mentioned that.

Your response was that neither did Nelson which was uncalled for when Nelson is in the business and his job is his source.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Let's just agree to disagree before we all have a stroke.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drakelicious

ROTF Nelson at you saying you destroyed Jawn's disk, that made me giggle! I hope that if Rolf does repair the one that Marlena is begging him to, you'll destroy THAT one too...I LOVE new Jawn and Drake's performance is perfection! Another great column, THANK YOU!

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Jul 11 2008, 01:09 PM
Can't stand Tuc so byebye!
We have to put you back on the BBQ cuz you are a rare breed my friend!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply