Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LATEST RATINGS: Bad week B&B/ATWT; B&B/ATWT hits lows in HH and Demos
Topic Started: Jul 11 2008, 01:16 PM (3,704 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

King
Jul 11 2008, 04:47 PM
Which shows, Steve?

ATWT, GL, DAYS?
That's my guess, too. :frown:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 04:41 PM
On the plus side (for me), these ratings may indicate JER's return to soaps!
If that happens, then soaps might as well just be canceled now.
JER is the master of raising the ratings on soaps, so no.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 04:51 PM
Mason
RobynIsHere
And yet, PASSIONS has been canceled - twice, now.

King
Member Avatar

JER *WAS* the master of getting up ratings. Past tense.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 11 2008, 04:52 PM
RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 04:51 PM
Mason
RobynIsHere
And yet, PASSIONS has been canceled - twice, now.
And yet, not due to JER's storytelling or ratings. NBC axed Passions because it needed to make room for another hour of Today, and cancelling Days wasn't an option.

Passions was the HIGHEST-RATED show on Channel 101, but was cancelled due to high production costs.

Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Dayzfan
Jul 11 2008, 03:55 PM
Charmqn
Jul 11 2008, 03:42 PM
I know we should not put all the blame on one ship, but wasn't last week very Chan heavy? I am willing to use all 10 of my fingers and place blame on them.
I don't think its fair to lay the blame squarely on Chan.Theres been enough boring crap on Days lately to drive a whole lot of viewers away.I'm willing to bet the elevator sex turned off alot of viewers
But isnīt the winbleddon week usually much worse? The show fell only .1 or .2 this time, while usually fells .5 or even more. I mean, even TPTB counts with it because not only was most of the wimbleddon week filler, but they are repeating all important or significant scenes from that week again through flashbacks so everybody can still hop on the train.

Anyway, I must say I really like the show from the moment Rick Draughon first appeared in the HW credits. This week was very good and the spoilers sounds even better. All stories are progressing and there is a feeling of direction and clear vision behind the storylines I last felt during the last month or two of Sheffer. I donīt know why he was promoted or how good writer he is, but I do think either NBC or Sony clearly felt Highley is not capable to stear the show by herself.

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Jul 11 2008, 04:53 PM
Still is. But Passions has a limited audience due to its being on DirecTV, as well as people not having a sophisticated-enough taste to truly appreciate it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 04:57 PM
King
Jul 11 2008, 04:53 PM
Still is. But Passions has a limited audience due to its being on DirecTV, as well as people not having a sophisticated-enough taste to truly appreciate it.
Okay, I was a fan of PASSIONS (particularly in the earlier years)...but that is just TOO funny! :roflol:

Deleted User
Deleted User

I truly believe JER is the only person who can save daytime now. I would not be surprised to see him turn up as head writer for ATWT or GL or Days again.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Save it?! He's one of the people responsible for putting daytime in a downward spiral in the first place. Execs should only hire JER to work on their soaps if they want to kill 'em off faster.

King
Member Avatar

JER is toast.

Deleted User
Deleted User

JER is the king of daytime and ratings success. Need I remind you of Days circa 1993-1997, as well as Passions? Ratings successes! Trust me, JER is our man. If he can't do it, no one can!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

What are you talking about? PASSIONS has NEVER been a ratings success, even at its peak. And need I remind you how JER drove DAYS to then record lows during his second stint there?

King
Member Avatar

Yes, I agree with you about 1993 - 1997.

But that was 10 - 15 years ago.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The Salem Stalker storyline was a HUGE ratings success. And as I said, the masses don't appreciate Passions. It's for a much more refined audience.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Yeah, and after the SSK was over, JER plunged the show down to numbers lower than what got Higley fired the first time.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Higley wasn't really fired. NBC wanted JER so Days had no choice but to remove her.

Remember, JER's lowest ratings were Sheffer's highest ratings.

Am I the only one who sees JER as the one true champion of daytime?
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

So what if JER's lowest numbers were Hogan's highest? That still doesn't take away the fact that JER sent DAYS to a new record low, which is obviously what you're trying to avoid acknowledging.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 05:12 PM
The Salem Stalker storyline was a HUGE ratings success. And as I said, the masses don't appreciate Passions. It's for a much more refined audience.
The Salem Stalker....isn't that the story where he off'd all the veterans along with beloved Alice using donuts? I would hardly say that was a ratings success given fans were so outraged KC was forced to hire everyone back and grin really big with "just kidding!"

I do admit I liked JERk very early on with Carly's buried alive story. But he is responsible for driving many of the long time soap fans away from Days, especially with the devil possession story.

King
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 11 2008, 05:16 PM

Am I the only one who sees JER as the one true champion of daytime?
Yeah.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply