Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Backstage Drama Gossip; Well...........hmmmmm
Topic Started: Jul 13 2008, 06:46 AM (8,774 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Jul 19 2008, 02:18 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 13 2008, 07:39 PM
Yes, it is the writer's responsibility but writers are human. They make mistakes and sometimes they need an actor's help too. Look at how Kristian Alfonso stepped up and helped out with John's funeral. Tom Casiello was openly appreciative of that. Sometimes a writer doesn't get a character at all and you can't just fire a writer for not knowing how to write for one character. Therefore, the actor's help is needed at times. That is all I am saying. I applaud her for pushing the show in a positive light. I have no problem with that. I just think behind the scenes she could and should be a bit more forceful, especially at times like this when her character is a mess.
What did Kristian Alfonso do?
She collaborated with Tom on Hope's eulogy at John's funeral and other details like that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Quote:

*The dig at Deidre as the "odd, older woman"
Is it still a 'dig' if it's a fact? Currently Marlena is the older, odd woman out.

Why wouldn't Nadia want to work with Bryan?

If the writers are done with Ejami they should have done the slow build-up to Ejole and not a wham bam thank-you ma'am one.

Half the fun watching a couple is the anticipation and they just took that rug right out from under me.

CatherineEarnshaw

Drakelicious
Jul 14 2008, 04:46 PM
JERSoapsFan
Jul 14 2008, 03:58 PM
Shylock
Jul 13 2008, 11:53 PM
@ the no "hit" couples thing from earlier: It's hard to have a hit couple when they're still shuffling them about and haven't given them anything to run with. Nicole/EJ and Sami/EJ have a lot of chemistry, as do Phillip/Morgan. But none of them are together and are being given any sort of direction. Phillip / Morgan have the whole thing with her father, but no one knows where that's going. Nicole and EJ could have a good hunk of stuff to work with if you take the Trent factor into consideration. They're a much more versatile couple than EJ and Sami. And I figure they could be this show's new Supercouple. And I mean that in a "Hey, these people bring in the ratings" sort of way, but the writing has to be there to back it up.

@ the Marlena picture thing: John removed the picture of Stefano and put the picture of Marlena up there in a failed attempt to impress her. Wasn't he trying to woo her a little bit at the time and he had Stefano's picture replaced with one of her?
Here's my take. The 'hit' factor isn't about ratings. The current viewers were positively buzzing about John and Ava, 'two misfits who fit perfectly together -- it's SO well written, so in character for both of them to be drawn to each other'! And let's not forget, 'Oh, the CHEMISTRY!' and 'She could be the next KRISTEN!'

That's what many viewers saw, and I believe that's what TPTB saw. That's what makes them a 'hit,' if it's true. Not the ratings.
ITA JERSoapsFan! I've LOVED Java from day one and am ticked off that they'll be ending soon but am glad that they make love before Tamara exits the show and am THRILLED that the door has been left open for her return to DAYS. Also, according to Drake, he also gave the impression to the soap opera press that these two weren't supposed to share any more than one scene, and people started telling him that they liked what they saw, and suddenly NEW scripts were sent to his house with Java scenes in them. I believe Drake!
Do you also believe Tamara???She, in her own words, didn't want to work on soaps anymore when shee was on Days, they offered her money too, and now she is on AMC. Sounds like her opinion of Drake is similar to Genie's

CatherineEarnshaw

JERSoapsFan
Jul 13 2008, 11:31 PM
ladyofthelake
Jul 13 2008, 06:46 AM
OK, I got this off of another board that has a "Backstage Drama" thread. (Don't know if I'm allowed to mention the board, but Tripp and Paxton know about it.) Here's the scoop, paraphrased (and the poster put on that she is NOT the direct source):

There have been backstage politics & squabbles, network demands, and Dena Higley was given a come-to-Jesus. TPTB demanded rewrites and restructuring, the reason for the quick and nonstop couple shuffling. And there will be more. Nicole gets lots of story coming up, but it's still up in the air as to whether EJ will be her guy. They still have not determined a long-term partner for her. Actually, the entire Nicole/E.J./Sami/Lucas/Chloe/Phillip/Morgan mess is still not set in stone, although DH is strongly wanting to write for Lucas/Chloe and Phillip/Morgan this summer. The problem there is that "Lumi" and "Phloe" fans are still strongly supporting those couples, and so the networks don't want to throw in those towels just yet. Also, Tamara Braun was a hit as Ava and it was not just the audience who loved her work with Drake Hogestyn. "Java" was a hit with higher-ups as well, and attempts will be made to get TB back, if they haven't been already come to an agreement. However, even if TB does come back, Deidre Hall can put a stop to "Java", and TB will be chem-tested again elsewhere. Just as with the John/Isabella pairing, DeHa is NOT happy being the odd, older woman out in a triangle, and she may get her way. The show is still in trouble.
She didn't hear anything about EJami. She's not sure if it's completely shelved, but it certainly isn't high priority.
One of us can post more as we hear about it.
So, well, I guess I'll find my happiness with Days when I can. Sounds like it won't last long. Maybe I'll bombard the NBC board! :huh:

I hope to GOD that this isn't true, and DH isn't so damn petty that she stops the AMAZING "Java" pairing. I mean, Dee, seriously. This makes your show FRESH again (this new pairing, that clearly is a hit with EVIDENT chemistry -- to say the least -- which means the show could live longer and you continue getting paid.

I really hope she's not that selfish.
Clearly a hit?? Perhaps John's death was what the show really needed to keep the show "fresh."

CatherineEarnshaw

Sweet Sauce
Jul 13 2008, 06:34 PM
ladyofthelake
Jul 13 2008, 05:02 PM
Thank you, Phoenix. That means a lot to me. I just get angry when any and all actors are fair game for speculation except Deidre Hall. That smacks of unfairness to me and has ever since I started posting on boards.
Who the frak said she is? But if I see something being held as correct or belivable when I know it isen't true, aren't I allowed to speak my mind? That's what everyone here is doing, or do some have more right to do so than others?
Except you post about your "speculation" about Deidre constantly.

CatherineEarnshaw

PhoenixRising05
Jul 13 2008, 07:46 PM
Sweet Sauce
Jul 13 2008, 03:25 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 13 2008, 02:38 PM
I think even those that hated the character (Steve/Kayla fans, J&M fans) at least appreciated the actress and wanted better for her and I noticed alot of those that disliked her seemed to like her when interacting with Nicole so I do think the character was well-received.
I didn't enjoy either. But I didn't enjoy Tamara as Carly either (hated Carly 2.0), and I don't buy her friendship with Nicole. She's probably a lovely woman, but I haven't enjoyed having either character shoved down my throat.

Deidre has never badmouthed the show. EVER. Not even in 1987. Not even when it was crap. She always keeps a smile on, promotes the show, stands up for it and does her job. She doesn't complain in public and if she goes to Corday to speak her mind that is something entirely different. There's a difference between taking it to the media and taking it to your bosses one on one. I mean, it's a job for her the same way ours is to us. We have differences, we have complaints sometimes. But she could take it to the media and probably create a ruckus, but she hasen't. That's how she chooses to do it, and that's how she's always done it.

Quote:

As for Dee, I was one who said she never seems to speak up forcefully for things she should. I've heard that for years now. However, there were rumors that she did speak up upon her return in 1991. I may be wrong but the rumor was that she pushed for Wayne to return soon after her as Roman and then, shortly after, she saw how popular John/Isabella was and made a push to put John back in Marlena's orbit. Again, this is something I've heard for years. I don't know if it's true, which is why I won't really comment on it since it's not clear if it is true. I love Dee and have no agenda against her at all. I liked all couples and characters involved back then. I have heard numerous times that she isn't forceful when it comes to story but all those whisperings have been in the past few years.

Well, then someone either twisted the truth or didn't know for sure either. Because unless Deidre, Drake, Wayne and Corday all lied on TV and in interviews when ased, that's not how it was. They were all toying with ideas about what happened to Marlena while she was gone for 5 years, and Deidre had the idea that maybe Marlena found the real Roman somehow. DAYS took it from there, and asked Wayne if he'd be interested in a return (Deidre was only signed for 6 months at this time) but they asked Drake who he wanted to be, Roman or your amnesiac John Black. He eventually said JB would be interesting, and he wanted Wayne to be on board again.

And John/Isabella weren't popular according to DDH. In fact, he was thrilled when both Deidre and Wayne came back because he'd been without a story for sometime, and the audience wasen't taking to the couple. Finally getting to bring Marlena back (Days had asked Deidre for several years to come back) mixed things up and eventually it became a quadrangle.
I never said she did for sure. I said it was rumored. Also, don't always believe what actors, execs, etc say on camera and in the media. Do you really think Dee would announce publicly that she demanded Wayne to return or that she wanted an end to John/Isabella? Most actors do not want that stuff out in the media because it puts them in a negative light so citing what they say publicly is not good enough evidence to suggest Dee never did that. Again, I'm not saying she did. I doubt she did. I just said I HEARD it. It's a RUMOR. That's it. Not proven true. Just stuff thrown out there for speculation.

Seriously, some of you are taking every little rumor people post as fact. We are just speculating things we have heard. That's it. We are not having a Deidre Hall bashing party or anything like that. Most of us here like Dee and appreciate her work when it's warranted.

I also disagree about John and Isabella. There is a reason why many called Isabella's death one of the most tragic and memorable moments in Days history. It was heartbreaking and they were quite popular with fans. I know many J&M fans did not care for them and that's fine. I and others did. Did I like J&M more? Yeah but I still liked them.

Drake and Sheri Anderson are both on record about the populaity of JOhn and Isabella.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Why on earth is this old thread back to first page? Was it really necessary to bring it back up?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 11 2008, 12:16 AM
Sweet Sauce
ladyofthelake
Thank you, Phoenix. That means a lot to me. I just get angry when any and all actors are fair game for speculation except Deidre Hall. That smacks of unfairness to me and has ever since I started posting on boards.
Who the frak said she is? But if I see something being held as correct or belivable when I know it isen't true, aren't I allowed to speak my mind? That's what everyone here is doing, or do some have more right to do so than others?
Oh, good lord. Here I am, the topic of common knowledge again. Constantly?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Rakesh198
Nov 11 2008, 03:43 PM
Why on earth is this old thread back to first page? Was it really necessary to bring it back up?
Thank you, Rakesh.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ladyofthelake
Nov 11 2008, 07:05 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
Sweet Sauce
ladyofthelake
You're famous! Can I have your autograph?
Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Amello
Nov 11 2008, 07:32 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 11 2008, 07:05 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
Sweet Sauce
ladyofthelake
You're famous! Can I have your autograph?
I second that. :D

CatherineEarnshaw

Rakesh198
it is "necessary" to bring it up when the poster in question chastizes others for what she does regularly. And as for the point of all th posts on this board...arre we going to start judging the "point" of every post?

Mason

I love me some Lady! I'd like an autograph myself! :wub:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 11 2008, 09:17 PM
Rakesh198
it is "necessary" to bring it up when the poster in question chastizes others for what she does regularly. And as for the point of all th posts on this board...arre we going to start judging the "point" of every post?
Ok, for the record, let me explain. Those who really want to read the words, read them for what I say, and believe what you want. I really don't care. It's just asinine that some folks cannot accept opposing viewpoints.
Yes, I started this thread. Yes, I was speculating on a rumor. However, note that I did NOT say "it's common knowledge". I wouldn't do that. I'm as far from insider information as I can get.

And, for the record (thank goodness for the regular posters here), I do not constantly make up stuff or keep bringing Dee up except in regular debate and discussion. Heavens to Betsy, on a few occasions I've even complimented her. I didn't realize it was a crime to mention the good and bad and the questioning about the character. I supported a poster when he speculated about noticing Dee and her appearing to maybe not having a perfect day at the recent fan event and people were reaming him about not accepting Dee's "deity", but noting her humanness. It's Ok to claim "common knowledge" that Thaao is gay without substantiating evidence but not mention rumors that Dee might be?

And, yes, I called this certain poster who is wanting to stir up shit when she mentioned Thaao Penglis's possible sexual affiliations as "common knowledge". In a blind item thread about a married man who was supposedly running around. I explained that something like that shouldn't be claimed as common knowledge without a good explanation, and explained I have no problem with people who speculate on rumors as long as they are admitting as such. Rumors and speculation on rumors cause a lot of shit in this world, including speculations on two candidates running for president, breeding one of the ugliest contests ever. However, I digress. I have my suspicions as to why this person (and a few others) are jumping on the "ream Lady a new one" bandwagon. It doesn't matter why. The thing is, in that BI item, Thaao's sexual inclinations shouldn't even have been brought up. The BI was about a MARRIED man. Thaao, the last we checked, isn't married. Yes, I brought up him being with Leann and some things about the fan club. That's probably where the shit hit the fan. For the record, I'm not in his fan club, if that helps. I like the actor. However, I dislike people spouting stuff like this as fact without firm backup. I don't care if people are claiming he's secretly married without providing evidence or that they can claim he hang glides in Israel without backing it up or that he secretly drinks from baby bottles without to back it up. It does make me wonder, however, why a few insist on dragging my name through the mud and twisting things around to fit their agenda.

Now, you know what? I'll let the mods handle this however they want. As for me, I'm going to finish getting ready for a terrific conference in the South and do some real life stuff. But, no, folks, it's not going to scare me into not making board appropriate comments, even if some people don't like them. However, I'm not going to claim knowing fact when I do. I will merely speculate and give my opinion, like everyone else, about the SHOW and the characters and occasionally, the actors.

Peace out.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Nov 11 2008, 09:38 PM
I love me some Lady! I'd like an autograph myself! :wub:
Awwww, Mason..........<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :wub2:
I need to get ready for my flight, but I appreciate the sentiment.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Last disclaimer....I reread my original post, and definitely did not use common knowledge. I did speculate on why I thought the stuff could be true, but I don't think I ever came out and said it was true. I mentioned the original source anonymously, someone I don't know personally, and merely pretty much said it made sense.
Oh, well.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

CatherineEarnshaw
Rakesh198
Everyone here is entitled to their own speculations and opinions just as much as anyone else. Now, if there is a problem with something that someone else has said, either do not respond, or PM that person and talk to them outside the boards. There is NO EXCUSE of bringing back an old thread just b/c of one's need to set the record straight.

We all get defensive about some things in our own right.....but I am not gonna call them out on it here. Do it in private.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

NavJLee8785
Nov 12 2008, 08:45 AM
CatherineEarnshaw
Rakesh198
Everyone here is entitled to their own speculations and opinions just as much as anyone else. Now, if there is a problem with something that someone else has said, either do not respond, or PM that person and talk to them outside the boards. There is NO EXCUSE of bringing back an old thread just b/c of one's need to set the record straight.

We all get defensive about some things in our own right.....but I am not gonna call them out on it here. Do it in private.
Thank you. :D And I apologize for my ramble. I just wanted to clear the air and give my side of the story, but it probably wasn't necessary.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply