Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of July 14
Topic Started: Jul 14 2008, 02:34 AM (4,158 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Jul 15 2008, 12:56 AM
I just found 'Date' a TAD forced.................I'm not really sure why................

Ultra-plot-driven writing tends to have that effect.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Jul 15 2008, 12:13 AM
Why isn't Sami mad at all at LUCAS finding out the supposed "love of her life" threw away his freedom and a comfortable life with his infant daughter at the mansion to go screw Chloe in an elevator? I mean she's about having a stroke she's so filled with rage over EJ sleeping with Nicole and Sami told EJ he had no chance with her. But she finds out Lucas slept with Chloe and so she throws pie at her? What?

I kind of think Dena Higley doesn't like the character.
You raise a good point, IMA. I wonder if Dena hates what has been done to the character and just doesn't want to bother. I mean, we know Ali is doing TBL and is having a baby so maybe Dena just doesn't care at this point. Who knows but it doesn't seem like any work is going into Sami or Lucas at all whereas EJ, Nicole, and even Chloe feel the opposite.

I will say that perhaps Sami isn't being hard on Lucas because she knows it was her fault. She slept with EJ and she did nothing to resolve the issues between her, Lucas, and EJ so she probably feels like she is responsible and she is projecting that anger on Chloe and not on herself. Or, maybe she just completely blames Chloe because Lucas and Chloe have no history and he doesn't usually sleep around so maybe she thinks she took advantage of him in a vulnerable state or something. Nicole and Sami have hated each other for years and I think Sami takes that fact and also the fact that she hurt EJ into account. I think she thinks EJ slept with Nicole as part of a scheme to win her back or to just get back at her or something and she figures Nicole may go along with that. Contrast that with Lucas, who hasn't been scheming to win her and who she has hurt so I think that is why she is acting the way she is right now. I actually find myself understanding her motivations far more now then before the elevator sex stuff.

I did enjoy today's show. The show really is improving by the day. The food fight was hilarious and I just love how Nicole just stood there and got some shots in. It was also funny when both Nicole and Chloe agreed and yelled out together that Sami was into EJ. Did not care for Gladiator guy making an appearance but whatever. Loved EJ getting smacked with the cake and the Chloe/Nicole scenes were nice. Also enjoyed the Phloe conversation. It was clear they both knew they hurt each other (Philip looking back, Chloe's sad look). Nadia really is improving lately. Liked the Philip/Morgan interaction too and I still appreciate very much Jay's limping. I like that he pays attention to detail and the character's history. I'm wondering if Kate is going to meddle a bit since they seem to be making a point of having her bear witness to some Philip/Morgan moments.

The Sami/EJ stuff was great. Love EJ's Dimera side emerging and Sami's not wanting to take responsibility for anything. I think she knows deep down she did it but she will never admit it, at least not yet. Good scenes. I feel like EJ is turning the tables on her, especially after reading what happens tomorrow and EJ mentioning how Sami lied about Lucas hitting Will. I feel like Dena may be trying to toss things at Sami that she did to others and I like it. It's the ultimate payback.

The Victor/Bo/Philip scenes were well-done. Loved them. Well-acted and written. This Victor story has amped up the dock wars story and is just what the story and show needed.

Loved the Daniel/Kate stuff. Liked Chelsea questioning Kate too and her little scene with Victor. The flashback made sense and seemed to fit in with the time period when Daniel was upset about Chelsea's illness and his past. I recall a scene in may sometime where Kate and Daniel were both at the Pub and it actually felt like a tossed in scene and nothing happened so it actually works, at least based on my memory LOL. I do like their chemistry and we know from spoilers we will get more flashbacks next week, which is good. These are the kind of flashbacks I like LOL. I think a Daniel/Kate pairing can still happen. I think it was handled well today. It all depends on how things unfold and I will take anything over Daniel/Chelsea (which could've worked IMO but they handled it all wrong). I know we went this route with Billie and Nick but that was a one night stand and this is sounding more like something that lasted for a bit. Not very long but for a small time period. I know the fact that we didn't see this unfold sucks but I do feel like it worked in a way and I think I see what Dena and Days tried to do (other then chemistry testing and feeling for what may work and then deciding on this direction). They set up Daniel to be this "miracle worker", heroic figure with a perfect image and a tragic past. It was all too apparent all along that this guy was too perfect. He had to have more to him. I think the idea was to pull the rug out from under people with this. Only problem was many saw it coming because they laid on the "Daniel is perfect in every way" stuff a little too thick, which is fine. I still find myself interested now that Kate is involved and my belief in my theory that Chan is not long-term has been strengthened.

This was a nice start to the week. I hope Days keeps this up because, like Kirk said, the Olympics are coming and they need to be good.

jane1978

I really like the writing for Sami/EJ lately, but itīs still hard to tell if itīs just another their mating dance or if it really means the end of Ejami. Right now I would almost tell the second, especially with what we know about AS real life situation. With Dena I think there is a good chance Ejole will get serious, because she likes Nicol, but who knows what Corday will demand.

As for the Kate/Daniel sudden revelation, it screams rewrite, but atleast the show finally admitted Chan are bust. I think originally Daniel had an affair with Lexie, but they canceled it at the last moment due the autism storyline so Abe/Lexie can overcome it together, but whatever. I like the chemistry and I like that it doesnīt look the affair will be just an obstacle for Chan because there was a definitive hint of jelousy and resentment from Kate after Daniel dismissed her so easy and confessed his undying love for Chelsea.

I think Chelsea/Dan eventually split and Chelsea will crawl back to Nick again, but meantime he will get already interested in Melanie.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I think so too, Jane, although that depends on if Melvin and Berris didn't have a falling out, which is a big reason why I feel they stuck Chelsea with Daniel.

The fact that Chan were not in the "Summer of Romance" promo and aren't being hyped at all tells me the show realized they flopped before they even got started. In my last post, I was pointing out how the Daniel/Kate stuff actually came off making sense but you are right that it was probably a re-write in some form. Whether they wanted it only to be an obstacle to Chan or wanted Lexie to be involved, who knows. I tend to think Days was just feeling around and then once Chan failed, they decided to just go with this. We'll see how it turns out (although I'm still concerned because SOW gave Chan and the whole exploration of the age difference in a relationship angle a hit this week). It's definitely more interesting though with Kate involved now.

I think your right about EJ/Nicole. EJ seems to be losing interest in Sami. He seems pissed and is fed up with her behavior. I'm really liking where this is going because I see it as Sami being put through what she put others through over the years. It's almost like Sami is revisiting history only she is the victim of some of the very same things she did to others. It's poetic justice.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 15 2008, 01:35 AM.

FanODays

PhoenixRising05
Jul 15 2008, 01:34 AM
^I think so too, Jane, although that depends on if Melvin and Berris didn't have a falling out, which is a big reason why I feel they stuck Chelsea with Daniel.

The fact that Chan were not in the "Summer of Romance" promo and aren't being hyped at all tells me the show realized they flopped before they even got started. In my last post, I was pointing out how the Daniel/Kate stuff actually came off making sense but you are right that it was probably a re-write in some form. Whether they wanted it only to be an obstacle to Chan or wanted Lexie to be involved, who knows. I tend to think Days was just feeling around and then once Chan failed, they decided to just go with this. We'll see how it turns out (although I'm still concerned because SOW gave Chan and the whole exploration of the age difference in a relationship angle a hit this week). It's definitely more interesting though with Kate involved now.

I think your right about EJ/Nicole. EJ seems to be losing interest in Sami. He seems pissed and is fed up with her behavior. I'm really liking where this is going because I see it as Sami being put through what she put others through over the years. It's almost like Sami is revisiting history only she is the victim of some of the very same things she did to others. It's poetic justice.
I disagree about Chan, I think its full speed ahead for these two right up until Chelsea finds out that Granny Kate bedded Danny boy and I agree that EJ is moving on from Sami.

I'm still having a hard time with a lot of the stories. I wish they would be more developed like the Lucas and Chloe pairing. I still don't see Lucas risking going back to jail to 'be there for Chloe' when they have hardly had any interaction. Similar thing for Dan and Kate.......they did what?

Philip and Morgan are so-so but could use a bit more development, is he using her or is he truly attracted to her and if so why?

They only things that I really enjoy are Nicole and EJ and Victor and his sons. All are extremely well acted and either I know enough about the background of the stories that I give a damn.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I think for the most part Dena has provided a balance ... We see almost every character with the exception of Maggie and Mickey almost every week... still too lite on Tony and Anna though. And Dena must not like the character of Marlena because she isn't on much. But Dena has a lot of storylines going on. The problem is they aren't progressing. Now we got a whole lot of mess and all these balls in the air that Dena is juggling and nothing is resonating with the viewers. Is there a major storyline right now?

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I love the writing for Sami lately. I felt like I was watching a JER episode on Monday and it made me extremely happy. Sami going off on anyone who will listen and taking no responsiblity...that's the character I love! :D

Shylock

FanODays

Philip and Morgan are so-so but could use a bit more development, is he using her or is he truly attracted to her and if so why?

It's a little bit of both, really. It started out as Phillip trying to get to Paul, but he became smitten with her the more they interacted. She seems to be something that Phillip has never had (and this is the reason I, personally, like them together), and that is a strong-willed women who is keen to his bullshit. As far as romance goes. I think she's got the blinders on because he's been there for her and she needs someone to lean on since her father disappeared.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Well I just need the "Date" revealed cause the longer it takes, the harder it will be break them up (unless he moves on to another woman like Lexie). If they are working to make Daniel a creep, and want to give LK some stuff to do, they ought to have her walk in on Dexie (if they want to save face for Lexie, have Daniel kiss her and she slaps him for it which is what Kate walks in on). Kate tries to talk to Lexie about it, who is embarressed and afraid because the last thing she and Abe need right now is it looking like she had another affair. Daniel becomes threatenly with Kate, telling her not to tell Chelsea.

So now Kate has the big soapy dilemma. She has to protect Chelsea from Daniel but the only way to go about it is to come clean on what she herself has done with him, possibly losing Chelsea's love.

Alligato
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Lol I just don't know where Sami is really at. It's all just so confusing, and this mess that is Ejami...OY. The whole thing gives me a headache, but I LOVED EJ today (cdn show). He finally understands Sami - she's not this hot villainess he thought she was, she is a misguided little girl who acts irrationally in hopes of acheiving some stupid, idyllic dream. This is who Sami is, at her core... the scenes were enjoyable because now that he gets her, he's not all that interested.

I don't know where Sami is really at either...she is obnoxious, confusing, irrational...and I couldn't tell you if EJ is still interested or not.
I love their interaction, i love their story, and I really love how those two play off each other - both fantastic actors - however, I have NO CLUE what is going on. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, I don't see direction, and more than anything, I REALLY don't want to see another Lumi custody battle over Johnny.

I saw major chemistry between Kate and Daniel in the flashback, but I really didn't see it in their scenes at the hospital. Again, I just don't know what is going on between them or where they are headed.

Same with Phillip and Morgan...what are his motivations? Is he hung up on Chloe? Just with Morgan because of her dad? Because that is how I am seeing it...

I guess that is my big problem with Days right now...I don't get the direction we are going, and I am scared the story will get dropped and I'll be left hanging.

Days4Life

psychofan
Jul 15 2008, 08:15 AM
I love the writing for Sami lately. I felt like I was watching a JER episode on Monday and it made me extremely happy. Sami going off on anyone who will listen and taking no responsiblity...that's the character I love! :D
I agree; it felt like we got some old school Sami on Monday. I hope the trend continues.

Like others, I was also wondering why Sami wasn't putting any of the blame on Lucas for the elevator sex with Chloe, but I decided it was because he wasn't there at the time and Chloe was so she got the brunt of Sami's anger. If Lucas was available and not locked up in jail, I think he would have had something thrown at him also. Although there is a trend for Sami to look at Lucas through rose-colored glasses. Like EJ mentioned, she's built up this false vision of perfection in her head, where her life will be perfect if she and Lucas are together with their children.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FanODays

Days4Life
Jul 15 2008, 09:25 AM
psychofan
I agree; it felt like we got some old school Sami on Monday. I hope the trend continues.

Like others, I was also wondering why Sami wasn't putting any of the blame on Lucas for the elevator sex with Chloe, but I decided it was because he wasn't there at the time and Chloe was so she got the brunt of Sami's anger. If Lucas was available and not locked up in jail, I think he would have had something thrown at him also. Although there is a trend for Sami to look at Lucas through rose-colored glasses. Like EJ mentioned, she's built up this false vision of perfection in her head, where her life will be perfect if she and Lucas are together with their children.
But that comment of EJ's was total bull because Sami and Lucas, at least according to the actual history of these characters and not some rewrite to fit the plot, know each other oh so very well, the good and the bad and everything in between. Lucas and Sami did nasty things to each other which was what made their long awaited declarations of love so good. Now I feel as if I don't know either of these characters.

Lumi should not be together because its the 'right' thing to do because given their past in many ways Lumi is wrong, yet there is a powerful love there if neither of them destroys it because of their own insecurities and issues. That is the story, not Lucas being a saint in Sami's eyes because he isn't. Far from it.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

cassie1013
The whole thing gives me a headache, but I LOVED EJ today (cdn show). He finally understands Sami - she's not this hot villainess he thought she was, she is a misguided little girl who acts irrationally in hopes of acheiving some stupid, idyllic dream. This is who Sami is, at her core... the scenes were enjoyable because now that he gets her, he's not all that interested.

You have no idea how encouraging this is. I loved how plain it was in yesterday's show that EJ only followed Sami because she was making a threat about the children, and even then he didn't leap right up and follow her. Those DiMera wheels were turning and I loved it.

Morgan is definitely a pro at both eavesdropping and interrupting. For a supposed old-money southern lady she certainly doesn't have very good manners. I for one wanted to hear more of Philip and Chloe discussing the fallout from her having sex with Lucas but of course Morgan's package was more important. There was real emotion between the two of them yesterday, much more than I see with Philip towards Morgan. I doubt Dena is writing for Phloe ultimately but at least she permitted a brief and clearly heartfelt talk.

I have yet to see Philip either show a tinge of remorse over how he treats Morgan (using her) and I also have yet to see Philip have any interaction with Morgan that doesn't directly involve her father. At what point, if they are going with this pairing, am I supposed to be able to tell that Philip is feeling conflicted over how he treats her? So far all I've seen is that he's scared he screwed up the Kiriakis legacy--not that his actions have potentially scarred a young woman for life. Every single thing he's ever done relating to Morgan has an ulterior motive.

I don't think I could love Nicole more. "Do you call your mommy every time you have sex?" I'm on board for more wary Chloe/Nicole frienemy scenes.

Edited by Paxton, Jul 15 2008, 10:27 AM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Of course we don't know what these characters' motivations are anymore. The actors don't even know! LoL

FanODays

Paxton
Jul 15 2008, 10:26 AM
One thing that is missing from Days is the sense of anticipation. The couples seem to go from 'hi, how are you' to goin' at it. Granted we got a bit of it with EJ and Nicole, but not much. I so remember when Jennifer, aka Miss Horton, used to drive Jack nuts, when Bo and Hope flirted like mad or all of the near misses with Shelle's first kiss.

Sigh...........those were the Days, literally.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

FanODays
Jul 15 2008, 10:12 AM
Days4Life
psychofan

But that comment of EJ's was total bull because Sami and Lucas, at least according to the actual history of these characters and not some rewrite to fit the plot, know each other oh so very well, the good and the bad and everything in between. Lucas and Sami did nasty things to each other which was what made their long awaited declarations of love so good. Now I feel as if I don't know either of these characters.

Lumi should not be together because its the 'right' thing to do because given their past in many ways Lumi is wrong, yet there is a powerful love there if neither of them destroys it because of their own insecurities and issues. That is the story, not Lucas being a saint in Sami's eyes because he isn't. Far from it.
But that is the story this show has been telling when it comes to Lumi for the last year and a half or so and that is what makes Lumi so repulsive to me.

That St. Lucas is so wonderful because he deigns to accept and love the extremely flawed Sami Brady is not romantic or accurate to the characters.

I mean the writing bears out that Sami has delusions about what Lucas is capable of and puts him on the pedestal when she confronted EJ about sleeping with Nicole she threw her belief that Lucas would never screw some tramp in an elevator in his face, while at the same time he was having sex with Chloe.

So that is why I was expecting more from Sami after finding out the truth about Lucas.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I love it when Sami's men call her Samantha.........

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Norma Bates works at the post office since Passions got cancelled? :(

FanODays

IMissAremid
Jul 15 2008, 01:00 PM
FanODays
Jul 15 2008, 10:12 AM
Days4Life
psychofan

But that is the story this show has been telling when it comes to Lumi for the last year and a half or so and that is what makes Lumi so repulsive to me.

That St. Lucas is so wonderful because he deigns to accept and love the extremely flawed Sami Brady is not romantic or accurate to the characters.

I mean the writing bears out that Sami has delusions about what Lucas is capable of and puts him on the pedestal when she confronted EJ about sleeping with Nicole she threw her belief that Lucas would never screw some tramp in an elevator in his face, while at the same time he was having sex with Chloe.

So that is why I was expecting more from Sami after finding out the truth about Lucas.
Which is why I like Sami less and less as each day passes. They have turned her relationship with Lucas into the one she had with Austin and its simply incorrect.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

IMissAremid
Jul 15 2008, 01:00 PM

I completely agree. I think Lucas and Sami are toxic with each other, and I feel the same way about EJ and Sami, just for different reasons. Sami alone is what I'm hoping for; that, or she can go surfing with Dr. Dan.

I agree that Sami should be more angry with Lucas, and I haven't seen today's show yet so I don't know what she says, but it doesn't strike me as too bad that she hasn't yet blamed Lucas. She hasn't seen him, nor has she really had time to really confront what he did. She automatically freaked out with Chloe, then was angry at EJ because he was pointing out how attractive Chloe is and that basically Sami has nobody but herself to blame for both men seeking out other women. Then Sami threw out her threat (which is vintage) that she's taking the children and leaving, and the focus shifted there.

I have to believe, I guess because I'm trying to be optimistic here, that Sami will confront Lucas and honestly face what's going on with them. I'm no Lucas fan, but I really don't think he was leading her on that they were together or going to be together soon. I'm not excusing the elevator romp, which I hated because I thought it was extremely unfair to Chloe, but Sami doesn't have much ground to stand on when it comes to thinking Lucas should have waited in celibacy for her, when she knew he was still dealing with a lot of anger.

To me, though, what makes the most sense is to have Sami light into him for risking going back to jail and losing the next nine or so years with Allie. She should rightfully castigate him for his wrongful prioritizing, plus she could ask, like Philip did, what was wrong with the telephone if he needed a friend.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply