Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of July 14
Topic Started: Jul 14 2008, 02:34 AM (4,106 Views)
Mason

E.J.'s history has been fucked up so much, I don't even care anymore. I was just happy to have Susan/Edmund acknowledged at all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Same here :laugh: .

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well, I, for one, was BLOWN AWAY by Abe's praising his wife today. For some reason, it really got to me, and I usually don't go for the mushy stuff. JR hit that one out of the park!
Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Days4Life
Jul 16 2008, 04:42 PM
Tripp
Jul 16 2008, 03:51 PM

Theo and Ciara's "playdate" pretty much told me how it's a mistake to write this story. I'm sorry, autism is a story that just doesn't play well on soaps...even with characters you might really care about. Soap kids are pretty just plot devices for action stories like kidnappings or illnesses where transplants are needed. Other times they can be used to prop another character (usually to show a former bad person being kind to a child means he/she has a heart of gold on the inside). But doing a story like this requires more than I think soaps can handle now. It takes proper setup for people to care about the characters AND their child (I don't care for the children of my favorite couples, much less Theo, son of Abe and Lexie who I wanted split years ago). It takes a sensitivity to the dialog and writing which must be reflected in everyone involved...especially the child. Up until now, we've heard Lexie and Abe go on and on about Theo, but now it's time to show us. Of course, the young boy they hired isn't ready to do such material...but it falls flat for him to talk in, say something random, they run off and then the behavior happens off camera. Audiences need to see this story play out first hand, not second hand. *sigh*

This is exactly why I have never been even mildly interested in this storyline. Where are they going to go with it? The parts of the story that could have been used for dramatic effect, such as Lexie and Abe receiving the diagnosis from the therapist, have played out off screen. We got the scene where they told Marlena, which was pretty good, but other than that there's been nothing of interest going on. Yes, it has created some conflict for Abe and Lexie but they've had problems for years and no one really cares any more. I believe Dena said on the Today show that this was going to continue on into the fall, but I don't see how they are going to sustain it that long, unless it's just used as filler. More play dates, more boring conversations between Abe and Lexie, more monotone delivery from the child actor....boring! After seeing the Brian Williams PSA during the show, I'm becoming convinced this was mandated by NBC, like the "green" shows.
I agree. The autism storyline is bad. We didn't even get to see when Abe and Lexie found out that Theo was autistic, and now pretty much all that we see is Theo acting kinda strange and saying "One, two, three, four" every now and then. The promoted it so much as this big story and yet it isn't really going anywhere.

Mason

It's painfully obvious that all that the autism story was intended for was to drum up some good publicity for the show and nothing more. There's no depth to it. We're not seeing scenes that we should be seeing; we're just hearing about them (if we're lucky). Basically the only time we even see this story featured is when filler material is needed in an episode. There's no reason to be invested in this storyline. IMO, it's pretty much a failure on every level.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I almost forgot the autism storyline!! I haven't been watching much, its mostly been fast-forwarding. They are hardly showing any scenes. Obviously other storylines are taking precedent over this one which is not what I expected or wanted.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Dear Ma,

I hate to write this letter, it seems it's the only way I can communicate without yelling or whining. As you know I have a new sister and I must find her. I don't think European phones are compatible with US phones so I'm unable to call her. I deduced that with my newfound genius intelligence.

Please...don't follow me. Don't worry about me. This is my family and it's something I must do for myself. Even though you and Pop had raised me for the majority of my life while accepting me as a full Brady with dating privileges (thanks for that BTW, Brady women are hot!), blood is always thicker than water, though in our family's case I should say thicker than beer, and I have to do anything to find my real bloods at all costs.

Anyway, given I was one of two bartenders who worked at the pub, I hope it's ok I didn't make any arrangements for anyone to cover for me, hopefully Pete won't be pissed. Also, I am managing still The Cheating Heart so maybe you could head over there and check on it? Finally, if anyone from the docks shows up asking why I didn't report for work, can you just tell them I'm sick? Thanks, Ma, you're the best.

Love,

Max

Mason

^ LOL! :roflol:
Edited by Mason, Jul 17 2008, 01:25 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Tripp - you just kick so much ass with that letter from Max! Always a pleasure to read your stuff!
Thanks for the laugh today!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Tripp
Jul 17 2008, 01:20 PM
Dear Ma,

I hate to write this letter, it seems it's the only way I can communicate without yelling or whining. As you know I have a new sister and I must find her. I don't think European phones are compatible with US phones so I'm unable to call her. I deduced that with my newfound genius intelligence.

Please...don't follow me. Don't worry about me. This is my family and it's something I must do for myself. Even though you and Pop had raised me for the majority of my life while accepting me as a full Brady with dating privileges (thanks for that BTW, Brady women are hot!), blood is always thicker than water, though in our family's case I should say thicker than beer, and I have to do anything to find my real bloods at all costs.

Anyway, given I was one of two bartenders who worked at the pub, I hope it's ok I didn't make any arrangements for anyone to cover for me, hopefully Pete won't be pissed. Also, I am managing still The Cheating Heart so maybe you could head over there and check on it? Finally, if anyone from the docks shows up asking why I didn't report for work, can you just tell them I'm sick? Thanks, Ma, you're the best.

Love,

Max
LMAO!!

Love it. If only DAYS could see it from our viewpoint. A man with three job takes off on an adventure with no established timeframe with lack of funds, so it seems.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Daniel and Kate seem to be spending more time together lately than Daniel and Chelsea. A sign tptb are looking to end Chan.Thank God . I also picked up today that despite his insistence otherwise,Daniel still has the hots for Kate and vice versa.Can't wait to see more of these two together!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Damnit I want to know what Nicole is hiding about her past, fuck you Higley for yet another scene where the secret is blurted out off screen. Let the viewers in on some secrets, so we can watch the residents of Salem try and hide it from everyone else in Salem. Higley being fired can't come soon enough for me.

Mason

How many times do we have to see the same fucking scenes between Sami and Lucas?

cjknick
Member Avatar

I loved the Ava and Nicole Scene ...
I loved the Marlena and Rolfe Scene...
I Super loved the John and EJ Scene - with Sami too...
I can't believe they had Sami and Lucas yelling at each other yet again .... Ugh
I snoozed thru the Max and Stephanie scene ....

Mason

Oh, speaking of the Marlena/Rolf scenes, that reminds me. Why the hell was Marlena talking with Rolf like he was an old, dear friend or something? That was so stupid.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mason
Jul 18 2008, 02:11 PM
Oh, speaking of the Marlena/Rolf scenes, that reminds me. Why the hell was Marlena talking with Rolf like he was an old, dear friend or something? That was so stupid.
We both know that answer, Higley writes for plot purposes only. I am really starting to despise Higley by each passing week. :flipoff:

Ellie

Kirk
Jul 18 2008, 02:21 PM
Mason
Jul 18 2008, 02:11 PM
We both know that answer, Higley writes for plot purposes only. I am really starting to despise Higley by each passing week. :flipoff:
I haven't watched today's show yet, but I read about this in the previews and had the same reactions (as both of you). This is just like when Sheffer had Marlena sit in the Brady pub and have tea with Stefano. Characters' relationships to each other and histories with each other become completely irrelevant in the world of a bad writer.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mason
Jul 18 2008, 02:00 PM
How many times do we have to see the same fucking scenes between Sami and Lucas?
Gee, I wish I could rush right home and watch them--I'm sure there are subtle differences from the last 1,377 times they've discussed their relationship, such as it is.

Ellie, I don't even remember Marlena and Stefano having tea together at the Brady pub. What on earth was the rationale for that?

Alligato
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 18 2008, 02:00 PM
No kidding!
I just cringe and pull my hair when those two are in the same room.
Has Sami had a scene with Lucas since November where she hasn't cried? I really can't say I remember one! Those two are toxic with each other!

Speaking of toxic, Max and Steph...oh brother! When a man lies to you, tells you to leave him alone and that he needs some quiet time and space to sort out his personal business, and he needs to fly across the world to do it....LET HIM GO, YOU DOORMAT! Stephanie constantly hanging on these men drive me insane!

EJ and John were interesting. I am surprised EJ would go back to being under the control of another power hungry man. Maybe that is his safe zone. I must say that I enjoy EJ being a little shady. He is so damn good at it.
Sami flying off the handle and her constant "I will never forgive you" jabs at EJ are just as old as Sami saying that Lucas is the love of her life.

I did find it totallly frustrating and obnoxious that there were TWO secrets on the show that the audience isn't privvy to. Ava/Nicole and Lucas/Roman. I must say I prefer that the audience know the secret and no one else, over the characters knowing and the audience feeling clueless. Stupid! Not to mention that they are going to drag it out for another couple months! Sigh!

Not a bad show today...there is always next week to shine!

Ponz
Member Avatar

I could watch Sami and Lucas "yell" at each other all day. Bryan and Ali are amazing with angsty material.

Quote:

Damnit I want to know what Nicole is hiding about her past, fuck you Higley for yet another scene where the secret is blurted out off screen. Let the viewers in on some secrets, so we can watch the residents of Salem try and hide it from everyone else in Salem.

It's typical Higley. She has a knack of sucking all the drama and suspense out of potentially interesting twists.
Edited by Ponz, Jul 18 2008, 03:11 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply