Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tracey Ross Looks Back at Her Time on Passions; A must read! Spoilers included
Topic Started: Jul 14 2008, 05:53 PM (1,193 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Posted Image

She has played Eve Russell since Passions began in 1999, but in just a few short weeks, her portrayer Tracey Ross and her fans must say goodbye to the good doctor permanently.

For the past nine years, we have seen Eve battle drug and alcohol addiction, Alistair, her sister Liz and her son/daughter Vincent/Valerie. Sheís been a prostitute, a jazz singer and a doctor; sheís fallen in and out of love with both TC and Julian; and helped her daughters Whitney and Simone deal with their own love lives.

Itís been a good run, but on August 11th Passions will air for the last time. Soaps.com recently caught up with Ms. Ross and found what how she really feels about the bizarre world of Harmony she called home for almost a decade.

Lori Wilson: You were on Passions since day one. Did you have any idea the show was going to get as wacky as it did when you started?

Tracey Ross: No, I had no idea that Passions was suppose to be "wacky" at all. I didn't get it until Grace floated out of her bedroom window.

LW: Was there anything that you felt crossed the line or were you up for anything?

TR: I was never crazy about the incest storyline with Whitney and Chad.

LW: What was the most bizarre thing you were asked to do on the show?

TR: I think hanging on to the top of a flying jet was the most bizarre. There was a huge fan blowing wind on me at the same time that I was in a halter that hoisted me up so I could look like I was just barely hanging on. All the water stunts in the tsunami were pretty crazy too. Also, having to sing so many songs on the show took me by surprise. And since I'm not a singer, I was pleasantly surprised by how well the songs turned out.

LW:
Which storyline did you enjoy playing out the most?

TR: I loved the Julian and Eve falling back in love storyline. It was so well written and romantic and Ben is such a wonderful actor. It was playing Romeo and Juliet.

LW: Vincent giving birth to his fatherís child has certainly been one of the strangest and most dividing storylines among the fans. What did you think of the story and what was it like to play out those scenes?

TR: That storyline made me physically nauseous. It was only Maria O'Brien (Passions acting coach) who could get me to see the comedic possibilities.

LW: Without giving anything away, are you happy with how things wrapped up forEve?

TR: I wish there had been time for Eve and Julian to get married but I'm happy they ended up together.

LW: How hard was it saying goodbye to the cast and crew after nine years?

TR: I realized at the wrap party that there were so many people that I really didn't know and hadn't spent any time with and I wished I had made more of an effort to know them better.

LW:
Do you still see any of the cast now that filming is over?

TR: I live kind of far out-of-town and feel like I miss a lot of opportunities to hang-out. I saw Mac (Sheridan) at an Emmy party. I went to a comedy revue that Emily (Fancy) was in. I saw James (Sam) and a lot of the cast at his wife, Sue-Ling's art show. I email Kim (Ivy) all the time and Dana Sparks (Grace) and I live near each other. I wish I lived closer to everyone. I miss seeing their beautiful faces.

LW: Did it take awhile for it to sink in that it was over or did you easily adjust to life after Passions?

TR: I've decided to stay in a state of denial. I just keep pretending that were all on hiatus.

LW: Eric Marsolf told us he took his nameplate off his parking space after the last day of taping. What if anything did you take with you from the set?

TR: I took my nameplate as well. I didn't take anything off the set but I did go to the warehouse sale and purchase some things including Dr. Eve's framed medical certificate. I also became inadvertently Passions unofficial archivist. I was at the production office the day all the Passions episode DVDs were about to go into the trash. I put them all in my car so now I have a copy of each episode of the whole nine years. I'm really happy about that.

LW: What having you been doing since Passions ended? Do you have any new projects in the works?

TR: I guess I've given myself the summer off because all I do is lay in bed all day with my laptop on my stomach watching reruns of "Bridezilla" on TV. (laughs)

Sounds like a good way to recoup after 9 years of constant angst and turmoil on Passions! Soaps.com wishes Tracey a relaxing summer and hopes to see her pop up on in our living rooms again soon. With all the activity at the hospital on Days of Our Lives lately, does anyone else think Salem could use another smart and sexy doctor?

Lori Wilson
Writer/Reporter
Soaps.com

http://www.soaps.com/passions/news/2133/Tr...ime_on_Passions
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

They were going to throw all the episodes in the trash?? Don't they have archives or something??

And wow! That must be a lot of DVDs! And she has them ALL! Wow...

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Quote:

LW: Was there anything that you felt crossed the line or were you up for anything?

TR: I was never crazy about the incest storyline with Whitney and Chad.

Good.

Quote:

LW: Which storyline did you enjoy playing out the most?

TR: I loved the Julian and Eve falling back in love storyline. It was so well written and romantic and Ben is such a wonderful actor. It was playing Romeo and Juliet.

Awww

Quote:

LW: Vincent giving birth to his fatherís child has certainly been one of the strangest and most dividing storylines among the fans. What did you think of the story and what was it like to play out those scenes?

TR: That storyline made me physically nauseous. It was only Maria O'Brien (Passions acting coach) who could get me to see the comedic possibilities.

Who wouldn't be disgusted with that crappy storyline? :puke:

Quote:

TR: I wish there had been time for Eve and Julian to get married but I'm happy they ended up together.

Boooooooooo
I wanted Julian & Eve to get married. That means that Evian is NOT one of 3 couples to get marry.

Quote:

LW:Do you still see any of the cast now that filming is over?

TR: I live kind of far out-of-town and feel like I miss a lot of opportunities to hang-out. I saw Mac (Sheridan) at an Emmy party. I went to a comedy revue that Emily (Fancy) was in. I saw James (Sam) and a lot of the cast at his wife, Sue-Ling's art show. I email Kim (Ivy) all the time and Dana Sparks (Grace) and I live near each other. I wish I lived closer to everyone. I miss seeing their beautiful faces.

That's cool that she & Dana are neighbors. I would love to be neighbors with them.

Quote:

LW: Did it take awhile for it to sink in that it was over or did you easily adjust to life after Passions?

TR: I've decided to stay in a state of denial. I just keep pretending that were all on hiatus.

Me too. I didn't want to except that there will be no more Passions.

Quote:

was at the production office the day all the Passions episode DVDs were about to go into the trash. I put them all in my car so now I have a copy of each episode of the whole nine years. I'm really happy about that.

Can I have some copies? LOL! I would have so happy if I had gotten my hands on those DVDs.

Quote:

LW: What having you been doing since Passions ended? Do you have any new projects in the works?

TR: I guess I've given myself the summer off because all I do is lay in bed all day with my laptop on my stomach watching reruns of "Bridezilla" on TV. (laughs)

LOLOL

If Passions do continue or Reilly is writing for Tracy on some show, he better not kill her character off because she didn't enjoy his disgusting stories. I will bitch slap him myself. lol

I enjoyed reading this interview.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Manny
Jul 14 2008, 05:58 PM
They were going to throw all the episodes in the trash?? Don't they have archives or something??

And wow! That must be a lot of DVDs! And she has them ALL! Wow...
Yep. Damn, I wish I had those DVDs. lolol

Mason
Member Avatar

OMG! I can't believe they were just going to THROW AWAY the whole damn series (well...parts of it anyway, some of it was total garbage, LoL)!
Edited by Mason, Jul 14 2008, 06:14 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

They weren't literally throwing away every episode of Passions, never to be seen again. Those were just a set of DVDs. There are tons of copies in storage for the various overseas airings and repeats.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

It's still stupid, though. I mean, they could have auctioned them off on eBay or something, and made some money, rather than just trashing them, LoL.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

there's no way they'd do that. They sell the rerun rights to these shows for a ton of money, to put every ep out there on non-commercial production dvds to be bootlegged to high heaven would be stupid.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, I'm glad she got to take some things home. The DVD's should be fun as she can look back at things and I like that her and Eric took the nameplates.

It figures that her favorite stories are from a time when most were hooked on Passions. I will say the Evian love story is actually one of the few things that wasn't botched completely in the later years. Sure, their crappy breakup in 2006 was dumb but, other then that, I think Evian continued to be a solid story.

I like that she points out the incest story and how she had to look at the comedic side of the Vincent stuff to get through it. I liked Vincent as the stalker and the reveal of him as Evian's son but the whole pregnancy thing was just too much, just like the incest was (which sucked more or less because of how it was handled more then anything else).

This was a good article. I look forward to reading more, which I suspect will continue to filter out as we near the end. I wonder if others will point out things they didn't like. I would assume yes since actors and actresses always seem too when they know they are done with a show.

King
Member Avatar

She totally gave away her ending with Julian even though the interviewer asked her not to. :laugh:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^That was pretty funny :laugh: .

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Jul 15 2008, 01:37 AM
She totally gave away her ending with Julian even though the interviewer asked her not to. :laugh:
I didn't even notice that until now! LOL!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

King
Jul 15 2008, 01:37 AM
LOL

Deleted User
Deleted User

Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but I think Tracy knows MUCH more than she's letting on. When she said she's going to pretend the show's NOT done and it's just 'on hiatus.' Hmm... anyone else think she's also privy (and more well informed) about the RAMPANT rumors that USA wants to pick up the show for first-run episodes?
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

No.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

King
Jul 16 2008, 02:36 AM
No.
I second that no.

Plus lots of cast have moved onto other projects.

Mason
Member Avatar

PASSIONS ain't comin' back. It's time to move on.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

You know I am a fan of Ms. Ross. She is a damn good actor as is Ben masters. I can not freaking believe they were throwing out episodes of the show. I am so glad she saved them. I loved the first 5 yrs of this show and I would love to rewatch them.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Dammit. I wanted Eve to reconcile with TC.

Hopefully there is still hope for Gram!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

JERSoapsFan
Jul 16 2008, 02:12 AM
Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but I think Tracy knows MUCH more than she's letting on. When she said she's going to pretend the show's NOT done and it's just 'on hiatus.' Hmm... anyone else think she's also privy (and more well informed) about the RAMPANT rumors that USA wants to pick up the show for first-run episodes?
I agree. I do believe Passions will return in some form, with a mixture of new characters, former characters (like Hank and Charity), and classic characters (like Theresa and Ethan). We, the fans, deserve it.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply