Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC SID: Daytime Emmys:What Will Next Year's Bring; Back to NYC?
Topic Started: Jul 14 2008, 08:51 PM (631 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

One change that's likely set for next year's Daytime Emmys is returning the broadcast to New York City from Hollywood, where's it's been held for the last three years. "I think it's time to come back to New York," Peter Price, president of NATAS (the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences) tells Soaps in Depth. "We're [now] used to the convenience of having it at the Kodak Theatre. We're all [essentially] in a silo, and everything [the awards show, the dinner and the post show parties] happens in one place. New York is more complex, but half of our community is there." Officially, Price says, the decision can't be made until 90 days after the June 20 broadcast.

Cameron Mathison is a bit partial to keeping the show in Los Angeles, as he hosted this year's event. "There's something pretty cool about having an award show in Hollywood, " he muses, hastening to add, "But there's also something cool about having it in New York at Radio City Music Hall. Alternating would be good idea."

Would changing locales hold for the Creative Arts Emmys as well? " I think everything should alternate," says Price, adding with a chuckle, "Even the winners!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

ljacks13
Jul 14 2008, 08:51 PM
Would changing locales hold for the Creative Arts Emmys as well? "I think everything should alternate," says Price, adding with a chuckle, "Even the winners!"
Yeah, but who would be dumb enough to bet money on that happening?

~bl~
Member Avatar

They should alternate the location. It was supposed to be in NYC in 2008, but that didn't happen. Since NBC dropped out of airing the Daytime Emmys though it messed things up as now if the cities and CBS/ABC alternate then either network would always hold the awards in either NY or LA.

kserox10

Having it in NYC is also better for some reason.

CandiceSpauldingMunson
Member Avatar

it needs to be back in NYC because daytime was born in NY (okay it was really Chicago but still)and it makes sense for it to be back...and on a selfish note I want it back to NYC so I can go.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Why can't they decide on NEXT year's location until 90 days after this year's awards? Maybe I'm missing but that seems like an odd rule.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I kind of like alternating because I've always wanted the Emmy's to stay in NY but I like the whole Hollywood feel too. I'm not opposed to it.

Having said that, if this is all the Emmy's seem to be interested in changing right now, I'm worried. This should be far down on the list of changes that need to be made. None of this will help in the least if other things don't change first.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 16 2008, 11:27 AM.

brimike

Agreed, Tim. I'll be the first one to cheer if they go back to NYC, for numerous reasons. But this should NOT be the number one priority. FAR FROM IT.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply