Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 7/28 *updated 7/22*
Topic Started: Jul 16 2008, 03:01 PM (6,079 Views)
Shylock

I'm wondering who kicked the crap out of Lucas. And I wonder why he hasn't said anything about seeing the goons rough Paul up in front of John and Ava.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I still bet that will come in play. I think either that will be how he makes a deal and gets out of jail or Stefano will somehow be involved and he will make a deal with him since Stefano did offer him a deal in January that he rejected.

Mason
Member Avatar

No, it is rushed. But whatever.

Shylock

PhoenixRising05
Jul 16 2008, 04:14 PM
^I still bet that will come in play. I think either that will be how he makes a deal and gets out of jail or Stefano will somehow be involved and he will make a deal with him since Stefano did offer him a deal in January that he rejected.
Stefano offered him a deal in January? What'd it have to do with and what was it about? I can't recall.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I just don't think you can drag romances out anymore. You can't do what was done in the 80's and 90's and have it be 6 months to a first kiss and then another 6 months until something else happens. It's clear people get impatient. Having said that, things can't be rushed either and I feel like this has moved nicely. They came into each other's orbit in March and interacted for a bit. Philip then began to think about her and they began flirting. He was there for her and, as rushed as I feel the kiss was, it worked in a way because she was falling apart and he was all she had in that moment and they had been getting closer.

Now, in the past few weeks, the Paul thing has gotten to Morgan and the Chloe/Lucas thing has upset Philip on top of the Paul thing. Morgan has been a welcome distraction and they've grown even closer. Sounds like a reasonable pace to me as it has been 4 months and they've had ample screentime too but to each their own.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Shylock
Jul 16 2008, 04:25 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 16 2008, 04:14 PM
Stefano offered him a deal in January? What'd it have to do with and what was it about? I can't recall.
He offered to help him get EJ out of Sami's life and to get him out of jail but, of course, Lucas rejected it. Lucas and Stefano shared a cell briefly before Marlena put him in a coma.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Angie79
Jul 16 2008, 03:01 PM
Daily spoilers

Monday, July 28th
After taking a bullet for Morgan, Philip lies unconscious; Kate is beside herself with worry; Bo and Hope interview Morgan at the police station; Ava tells John about Judge Fitzpatrick.

Tuesday, July 29th
Max runs into a tabloid journalist he had a fling with a few years earlier; E.J. tells Nicole he doesn't want anything to do with Sami; Trent tells Nicole he needs to speak with her; Marlena runs into Trent at the Java Cafe.

Wednesday, July 30th
John reveals that he is responsible for Paul's disappearance and is trying to pin it on Philip; Daniel blames Kate for sending Victor's blood pressure through the roof; Morgan visits Philip, who is still unconscious, and confesses she's fallen for him.

Thursday, July 31st
Max is approached by a mysterious figure; Nick sees pictures of Melanie and can't place where he's seen her; Sami and E.J. bond over family time; Nicole and Chloe find Lucas, badly beaten, at a hospital; Nicole comes to E.J. for legal advice.

Friday, August 1st
Hope and Roman go over the e-mail asking what happened to the evidence in the Paul Hollingsworth case; Philip reveals that he heard Morgan's confession of love while he was unconscious; Maggie finds Chloe doting on Lucas in the hospital.
Now this actually sounds like a good week to me.

I'm not exactly certain where Phillip getting shot came from, but it sounds exciting and since I don't hate Phorgan but thought it was dumb to pair them if Phillip was blackmailing her dad, so I can deal with this being how they come together and admit their feelings for each other... at least until the tape comes out with Phillip threatening to kill him.

I'm excited for Kate being involved in this stuff, even if it is more hospital drama sure to involve Dr. Dan, and that Victor wasn't insta-cured as a plot point the way Kate was with her illness but this seems like something they'll play out longer.

I can deal with Stax in as small of doses as this.

I'm not sure about the Jawn stuff but holding out hope that this is actually him confessing to protect Ava (and what's this Judge Fitzpatrick stuff all about?). I am also expecting that Lucas got beat up at Jawn's order or by Ava's goons for knowing something about Paul Hollingsworth and that now that EJ is working with Jawn that when it comes out Sami will blame him for it, but I'm fine with that as long as EJ isn't actually the one responsible for beating the crap out of him because that's just too easy.

I am excited for the Sami and EJ bonding over family time thing for several reasons. Not just because I'm an EJami fan, but even if these EJami scenes are just crumbs while they really go for EJole I think it's just more realistic that EJ wouldn't totally have washed his hands of Sami as hung up on her he has been for two years especially when they share a child. And I had and have no interest in seeing them rehash the old Lumi custody battle story from ten years ago. While I know many people are so sick of EJami they just are nauseated to see this along with EJole, I am completely in an opposite camp whereas EJole is more palatable to me if it is happening in the context of an EJami-EJole triangle.

Very surprised (pleasantly) this show has the balls to actually have the Chloe-Lucas thing go further just because it gives us something new to watch and as much as I may not be all about Luloe, at the very least those scenes don't make me want to throw things at the TV the way that Lucas and Sami scenes do and who knows? Maybe seeing Chloe dote on Lucas while he is hurt will show something more to this. And I like that they are apparently continuing the Chloe-Nicole friendship if they are the ones to find Lucas.

I would have to say these spoilers back up a lot of the info that came from TWOP last week about what the show is thinking couples-wise whether everything in those rumors is true or not.

Pearly
Member Avatar

One can only hope it's as good on screen as it sounds on these spoilers....thanks Angie.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Yay! Nick is going to be on a day!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This does sound pretty good and it looks like a lot of the cast will be featured this week..And Ava has to be taking off either this week or the week after..And Stefano is back as the Olympics cliffhanger right? so we should have some exciting times ahead..FINALLY!!!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Jul 16 2008, 05:36 PM
And Stefano is back as the Olympics cliffhanger right?
Are the Olympics going to pre-empt Days?
Edited by Pearly, Jul 16 2008, 05:50 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Pearly_Moon
Jul 16 2008, 05:49 PM
Kevc1980
You know i really don't know..I think they might just air Days sometime in the middle of the night...I'm surprised though we haven't gotten a Days Olympic schedule yet...Usually Jason47 gives that information..

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I think the most important Olympic games(the ones people will want to see) are going to be on primetime. Sports like Swimming/Gymnastics/Basketball/Track & Field/Volleyball.

The other less popular sports might just be shown on the internet.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'd love it if we got another DAYS marathon this year on SoapNet for the Olympics like we did in 2004. Then again, since it's not GH, why bother hoping. :hmmph:

SmashinglySweet

Thanks for posting! I am not really interested in any of those spoilers though.

D-Light
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 16 2008, 03:39 PM
Hate--and I mean HATE--the Philip/Morgan spoilers. Even knowing Dena was going to force this pairing down my throat makes it no easier. I was surprised to read the John-takes-responsibility part but I'm sure somehow it will end up it was Ava or otherwise not really John's fault.

The EJole spoilers were sounding wonderful until I got to the part about EJ and Sami bonding over family time. No thanks. No thanks.

I don't care that Lucas got beat up but I see no reason why Chloe has to continue to be dragged into this chemistry-free pairing.

So, all in all, I can't say I'm looking forward to the week of July 28.
Maybe Philip set it up for Lucas to get beat up since he couldn't get to him.

I'm trying to keep watching, but it gets harder and harder as the days go by. These previews don't help. Nothing makes sense. How does Marlena know Trent? Where are Steve & Kayla, Tony & Anna, Abe & Lexie? The only thing I'm looking forward to at this point is the return of Stephano.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Yet another full week of Days that I will not be watching, LoL.

Bravo, Higs!

pagraves
Member Avatar

I have an idea. Instead of Daniel treating the son of his lover and uncle of his girlfriend, why don't we let, I don't know, maybe Kayla treat Philip? She's a doctor, though people never seem to remember that...

Mason
Member Avatar

Kayla's too busy being window dressing for Stax's bullshit.
Edited by Mason, Jul 16 2008, 08:54 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Pearly_Moon
Jul 16 2008, 05:49 PM
Kevc1980
They won't be preempted. It was announced back in June and I think it was posted here (it may have been lost in the shuffle though because it came with news of the Days renewal). However, much like last month with the golf, some time zones will have Days on at different times. I think the EST time zone will be relatively unaffected but the others I have no idea. I think that is the concern with this and this is why Days needs to make sure to do alot to keep people going before, during, and after the Olympics. I think Days' numbers will be much like they were for the golf preemptions last month and then we will see what happens after. I think the show is getting going in a good direction at the right time so let's hope the recent upturn goes through to the Olympics and that the show only gets better.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply