Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 7/28 *updated 7/22*
Topic Started: Jul 16 2008, 03:01 PM (5,944 Views)
☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Angie79
Jul 22 2008, 01:32 PM
I bet there is more to it. Maybe she is Melanie's mother, but doesn't know about her? It could be that Trent made her think the baby died or something. I don't know. I really hope there is something else going on.
I think that's exactly what it is. Nicole probably doesn't know about her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Is there any reason to believe that Nicole was too young to enter into a marriage contract with Trent? Does this mean she wasn't married to Lucas either?
I guess Nicole has alot to lose if her big secret comes out, and couldn't she be charged with embezzlement and maybe polygamy? Or is it bigamy?
I wonder if Ej will cover for her or abandon her since she lied to him.

I think this is a decent reveal. I still kind of hope that Melanie isn't Nicole's daughter though. I was kind of hoping that Melanie will disappear once Max leaves France. I hope he doesn't convince her to come back with him...as I am sure she has her life in France and god knows we don't need another meaningless character that has no history that I won't give a crap about (ie. Daniel, Morgan, Paul, etc.)
Edited by Alligato, Jul 22 2008, 02:02 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Jul 22 2008, 02:00 PM

I think this is a decent reveal. I still kind of hope that Melanie isn't Nicole's daughter though. I was kind of hoping that Melanie will disappear once Max leaves France. I hope he doesn't convince her to come back with him...as I am sure she has her life in France and god knows we don't need another meaningless character that has no history that I won't give a crap about (ie. Daniel, Morgan, Paul, etc.)
I don't want Melanie to be Nicole's daughter either but it looks like it's going to happen. That may be good cause Melanie sounds like the most intriguing new character coming to Salem in a long time and people are more likely to like her if she interacts with Nicole over Max.

As for Max convincing Melanie to drop her life in France for Salem, I'm sure she's either a) going to have a bad life in Salem where she has conned all the targets out there and/or b) see Max as the ultimate con and agree to come back.

jane1978

DrewHamilton
Jul 22 2008, 01:36 PM
There is no "maybe she's Melanie's mother." You know she's going to turn out to be Melanie's mother. YOu could figure that out the first time Nicole and Trent had scenes together, and then in the very next scene, Max finds a picture of Trent's daughter. Hmm... Dena Higley isn't a fan of subtlety is she? LOL!
I don´t think it´s so clear for a general viewer. This whole rumour began here because we´ve had the chance to read some important scenes revealing the Melanie character months before she was even cast. Yes, there was some foreshadowing on the show as it should be. DAYS always uses editing as a way to focus viewers attention in the right way. But nothing too heavy.

I really think some people are automatically picking apart everything, just because Dena Highley is signed under it. "Trent/Nicole are still married? Oh, what a stupid secret, it should be something bigger. Nicol and Trent had a daughter? Oh, what a let down, we all knew for months what the secret is."

Mason

Oh, that's smart, Kate. Tell a man who's just had his third stroke that his son has been shot.

Mason

jane1978
Jul 22 2008, 02:06 PM
I really think some people are automatically picking apart everything, just because Dena Highley is signed under it. "Trent/Nicole are still married? Oh, what a stupid secret, it should be something bigger. Nicol and Trent had a daughter? Oh, what a let down, we all knew for months what the secret is."

Here we go again. :eyeroll:

We're not picking it apart because it's Higley. We're picking it apart because it's stupid, boring shit. If the great late Douglas Marland were writing this same crap, I'd still be complaining.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Great, so does this now means that Nicole and Victor were never married?

Holy son of a bitch, can't Dena write anything without changing history? Everywhere you look she's tripping over herself to change things and go back to fix the what she's screwed up. Not that I'm not glad to forget their marriage, but it's HISTORY, don't fuck with history. Has Forrest Alamain Roman John Ryan Brady Black DiMera taught you nothing?!?!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Jul 22 2008, 02:06 PM
DrewHamilton
Jul 22 2008, 01:36 PM
There is no "maybe she's Melanie's mother." You know she's going to turn out to be Melanie's mother. YOu could figure that out the first time Nicole and Trent had scenes together, and then in the very next scene, Max finds a picture of Trent's daughter. Hmm... Dena Higley isn't a fan of subtlety is she? LOL!
I don´t think it´s so clear for a general viewer. This whole rumour began here because we´ve had the chance to read some important scenes revealing the Melanie character months before she was even cast. Yes, there was some foreshadowing on the show as it should be. DAYS always uses editing as a way to focus viewers attention in the right way. But nothing too heavy.

I agree. Those that read spoilers, especially the ones here on DR, are more in the know. That is the problem with soaps today. They spoil everything. I miss the days when you got vague spoilers. Just enough to get you to tune in. Now you have EP's telling people who the rooting couple is, thereby spoiling story (of course that is fanbase-driven). You shouldn't have to give us everything that is going to happen in order to sell fans on a story. Unfortunately, all soaps do that now with the rare exception and that hurts more then anything.

I do think this Nicole/Trent thing is about more then the marriage. That isn't very surprising but I think the shocking part will be if Melanie is Nicole's and how all that came about and so on. If we don't get something more, then I will agree it's a letdown. However, I'm pretty sure there is more to it as Nicole is the one character who Higley seems to get. She seems to love writing for her so I do think we will see alot more to this. Perhaps the marriage angle is the whole reason why Nicole even returned to Salem. She never did explain why but she came back hell-bent on taking Victor for all he had right away. She kept pushing for the issue to get resolved. Perhaps she learned Trent was in Salem and returned to get what she could from Victor before it was revealed. Make sense if you think about it.

I disagree that the marriage angle should've been revealed right away. I feel that is big enough to hold on to for awhile. Revealing that now allows for the show to build up to an even bigger secret, which could be concerning Melanie.

I won't even continue the whole Dena Higley argument. I will just agree and add yet another fantastic quote from our own jane1978 to my sig. I'm no Higley fan by any means and I would rather she is gone too but I do think some things are being picked apart unfairly but to each their own.

marisol40

I don't care that Lucas got beat up but I see no reason why Chloe has to continue to be dragged into this chemistry-free pairing.

Exactly!!! These should bring back Brady, because that is the man she belongs with.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Brady would never go back to Chloe after what she did to him.

GO WITH THE FLOW ! VOTE FOR PHLOE!
Quote Post Goto Top

marisol40

Brady would never go back to Chloe after what she did to him.

But yet you want Chloe to go back to Philip after she screwed his brother and threw it in his face??? LOL

squee
Member Avatar

marisol40
Jul 22 2008, 02:31 PM
I don't care that Lucas got beat up but I see no reason why Chloe has to continue to be dragged into this chemistry-free pairing.

Exactly!!! These should bring back Brady, because that is the man she belongs with.
No, the last thing this show needs is to bring on/back any more characters. They should just get rid of Chloe! :cheer:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Just because us online fans see something as obvious (Nicole being Melanie's mother)..I wouldn't expect offline fans to figure it out that easily as they don't have access to all the spoiler and they aren't discussing the happenings of the show on a daily basis with other fans..

Hey there were fans who had no idea that Marlena was the serial killer...

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jul 22 2008, 12:09 PM
Daytime Dial spoilers
Nicole reveals to EJ that she is still married to Trent.
Lame rewrite :soapbox:

marisol40

No, the last thing this show needs is to bring on/back any more characters. They should just get rid of Chloe!

That would work for me as well. Just say that she and Brady decided that they still love each other and they are going to work on their marriage. Bye Bye Chloe and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Jonatha

Tripp
Jul 22 2008, 12:30 PM
Angie79
Jul 22 2008, 12:09 PM
Daytime Dial spoilers
The week of July 28:

Bo admits to Hope that he tampered with police evidence.

John tells Ava he’s responsible for Paul’s disappearance.

Nicole reveals to EJ that she is still married to Trent.

Lucas invites Chloe (Nadia Bjorlin, pictured) to stay with him at the Horton cabin.

Victor flatlines when Kate tells him that Philip was shot.

VCR Alerts
Thursday – Max is approached by a man demanding money in exchange for Melanie’s life.

Friday – Philip tells Morgan he heard her confession and is falling in love with her too.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/

The Nicole one sounds kind of lame. I was hoping for something sinister.

I kind of like the Max one...since maybe Melanie could be tricking her big brother out of some cash.

I'm really excited about the Kate/Victor one. I figured that when Daniel yells at her for affecting Victor's heart it would be over Philip's shooting. Can't wait to see the angst in that....Kate believing Victor has a right to know about their son.
Nicole is married to Trent? WTF? I hope there's more to this than that.

Mason

Since when is giving our opinion about the show considered "unfair"? Is it not possible that I just genuinely don't like any of Higley's crap, without it being about her? I call things shit when I see shit, no matter who's writing the damn show. And unfortunately, practically all I've been seeing for months now is shit. I wouldn't care if it were William fricken Bell writing this stuff. I'd still complain, because it SUCKS.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^It's not, Mason.

I think what Jane is saying and what I agreed with is that a fair amount of people just hate Higley and that is fine. If you hate a writer, it's very unusual and difficult for one to say anything positive about them and that is the point that is being acknowledged.

The one thing I will say is that I noticed you have pointed out positives of late so I do think you are being fair. A few weeks ago, I wasn't so sure because it seemed like even if the show did something right you wouldn't acknowledge it but you have acknowledged positives as well as negatives so I will apologize for making an inaccurate judgment about you and giving you a hard time before.

I think pretty much everyone on this board is being fair right now in their perspective. I may not always agree but I at least see everyone's points, whereas some other boards have people that are doing exactly what Jane mentioned and not just because they dislike Higley but because their favorite couple isn't together.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I just realized that if Nicole is still married to Trent, all her other marriages in between are unreal. So, her settlement with Victor will wind up being null and void. I wonder if Nicole knew that they were still legally married, or if this was one of those incidents where she thought the divorce papers went through but they really didn't.

Alligato
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 22 2008, 05:52 PM
I may not always agree but I at least see everyone's points, whereas some other boards have people that are doing exactly what Jane mentioned and not just because they dislike Higley but because their favorite couple isn't together.
Boy, you hit that on the head, Pheonix!
That is mostly what I have seen on other boards and it is obnoxious...so to have someone mention that the writing sucks or the stories are stupid doesn't bother me nearly as much as someone who is mad at Higley because the Brit is with another blonde.
But with the way history has shown head writers caving to fanbases, I guess they have a point. I just want a good story!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply