Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Days Renewal Announcement: When to expect it
Topic Started: Jul 16 2008, 06:51 PM (2,944 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

Stuff We Know (And Shouldn't Tell you)

Setsiders report that news of DAYS renewal would be announced once the cast and crew return from their two-week summer hiatus.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shylock

Any word on how long it's renewed for?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, it's about effing time!
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

DAYS come back on the 14th of July so three ish days ago.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good to get word on when to expect it.

I think it may be a year with an option for another. I do have this feeling though that we may not just get renewal news. I know Ed Scott mentioned money being the hold up and I think it was but I also think something else held it up. In the past, renewal news always took long because it was accompanied with a writing change and I have to wonder if this one will too or if some other change will announced with it. I just have this feeling this just won't be about the renewal.

I guess Days is doing what alot of other soaps do now in the summer by going dark for two weeks. I think they did it last year too and I know the other soaps have for awhile to save money and what not.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 16 2008, 09:02 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm wondering if there will be any major cast firings along with the renewal news.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I actually fear that, Mason.

I am hoping it's a writing or production change or something. I don't really want anyone leaving after having two years of nonstop cast changes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

If there were to be a writing change it is typically always accompained with casting changes. Not so much when Higley came in this last time though we got too many new characters.

My greatest wish is that Ed Scott would be able to completely take over but alas that is impossible.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

If only we could sic Marlena and her needle on Corday...
Offline Profile Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

If only....
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^We can all dream :laugh: .

Seriously, getting Corday away from Days or at least limiting his position to the business side of things would be enough to improve the show by leaps and bounds on it's own. It's sad to think of how many talented writers he fucked with or drove away from the show (SSM, Broderick, B&C, Sheffer) and how many fantastic stories he messed up because he had to interfere and push his agendas. I mean, NBC is one thing but NBC hasn't been that big of a interference, at least seemingly until recently. Corday's been the big issue and still us to this day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

good to hear. IMO Higley is the one who may get fired. I am not worried about the cast right now...don't know why, just a gut feeling I guess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

This doesn't sound good to me. Considering that there are a few actors that have contracts that are past or coming up for renewal this year. Some of whom we (or I) haven't heard anything about resinging.

Deidre Hall (Marlena): August 2008
Peggy McCay (Caroline): July 2008
Peter Reckell (Bo): August 2008
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I wouldn't worry about any of them. With Stefano coming back, no doubt Marlena and Bo will have stuff coming on top of the stuff they already have. Caroline is getting more airtime then she has in years and, if anything, she would go recurring (but it was rumored she would hate that so who knows). If Higley is still writing, I suspect Caroline will definitely stick around. She seems to like her.

When thinking about cast changes, it's usually not even the ones with expiring contracts that go nowadays. Anyone can go at anytime. As much as I think they may be getting story soon, I would worry about SN and MBE. I also think Thaoo's contract may mean shit and maybe he will be gone around the middle of Fall. I could see Corday just re-signing him because Thaoo had an Emmy nod and he wanted to save face. After enough time, he may figure to just release him. I think Thaoo, LeAnn, Stephen, and Mary Beth are most vulnerable and perhaps Lauren Koslow but she has material coming now so she may be safe until winter.

It's also important to note that in recent years, we always seem to hear about contract renewals involving the actors and actresses late. I think Melvin and Brooks were the only two who got renewed early, no doubt because they were cheaper. However, all the others have been announced after the expiration dates we have or some haven't even been announced at all at times.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 17 2008, 12:52 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have no doubt Tony and Anna will be gone by the end of the year. I hope they take Rolf, Morgan, Chloe, Nick, Nicole, Sami, Stephanie, Dan, and EJ with them!
Goto Top

Shylock

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 01:14 AM
I have no doubt Tony and Anna will be gone by the end of the year. I hope they take Rolf, Morgan, Chloe, Nick, Nicole, Sami, Stephanie, Dan, and EJ with them!
You're sending away a lot of the good cast there with them. Morgan, Nicole, Sami and EJ especially.

And Allison Sweeney, from what I can tell, has a pretty large fanbase. That'd be a stupid move. I mean, real top-of-the-line stupid move to give her the ax.
Edited by Shylock, Jul 17 2008, 06:10 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

FanODays

I'm expecting bigger cuts than Tony and Anna. I'm thinking Bo and Hope seeing how they have little to do and this bit with protecting Philip could cost Bo his job and then him and Hope can go sail the world with Shawn, Belle and Claire.

It could also be Steve and Kayla but my guess is they will stick around for the Stephanie and Max stuff.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think Bo and Hope are the safest supercouple. I really do, especially if Higley is still around. She loves them, despite their lack of story. I mean, they've had no story of their own for awhile yet they manage to still appear in the amount of episodes that would suggest they actually do have a story. She puts them on no matter what, unlike Steve and Kayla. Plus, I think Corday is actually partial to Bo and Hope himself. They are the only couple that is never really fucked around with in a way that destroys what makes them great. They are the only couple who haven't really been tarnished in a way so I think they aren't vulnerable.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

I think that since it was a matter of money that means a slimmer budget and they may have to get rid of some actors who costing them more...

I think it they had to let go of let say 5 actors - possible candidates...

Stephen
Marybeth
Thaao
Leanne
James R
Renee
Shawn C
Lauren
John (I think he's only reoccuring so I think he might be safe)
Jay (can't seem to get the chemistry going with any pairing)
Blake
Kristen R
Nadia
Bryan D (I think Ali's schedule and pregnancy bodes bad for him)

safe for another year
Drake - big storyline coming up with him and Stefano
Joe M - coming back for a big storyline
Darrin - they will work to death and he probably has a cheaper contract
Rachel - they will work to death and she probably has a cheaper contract
Shelly - they will work to death and she probably has a cheaper contract
James S - they will work to death and he probably has a cheaper contract
Ari - just hired her back - just getting into her storyline with Trent
Roscoe - just hired - just getting into his storyline with Nicole and Max

safe for ever
Deidre
Allison
Peggy
Suzanne (she's just reoccuring)
Peter
Kristian
Josh (Corday loves him)

Edited by cjknick, Jul 17 2008, 10:40 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Bo and Hope are a couple of the few characters that are totally safe. They're not going anywhere.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic