Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Days Renewal Announcement: When to expect it
Topic Started: Jul 16 2008, 06:51 PM (2,933 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

I sure hope Thaao Penghlis and Leann Hunley aren't axed, they should get more airtime and storyline. I really don't want Stephen Nichols & Mary Beth Evans axed either. Although Blake Berris(Nick) is talented, I really wouldn't mind him gone, same thing with Kristen Renton(Morgan). I wouldn't mind seeing Drake Hogestyn(John), Roscoe Born(Trent) and Will Utay(Rolf) gone.
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Shylock
Jul 17 2008, 06:09 AM
RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 01:14 AM
I have no doubt Tony and Anna will be gone by the end of the year. I hope they take Rolf, Morgan, Chloe, Nick, Nicole, Sami, Stephanie, Dan, and EJ with them!
You're sending away a lot of the good cast there with them. Morgan, Nicole, Sami and EJ especially.

And Allison Sweeney, from what I can tell, has a pretty large fanbase. That'd be a stupid move. I mean, real top-of-the-line stupid move to give her the ax.
LOL Morgan, "good cast"? Seriously? hahaha! Kristen Renton couldn't act to save her life, and that annoying twang has GOT to go. Kill the bitch off.

Sami's a tired character and Ali's maternity leave will be a welcome respite.

Nicole is a superfluous character with no family ties to anyone in Salem and is just unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.

And EJ...there is no redemption for the rapist. Just waste him.
Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 12:44 PM
Nicole is a superfluous character with no family ties to anyone in Salem and is just unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.
Exactly why she is needed. She's not related to two-thirds of the damn town.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 17 2008, 12:51 PM
RobynIsHere
She's hogging screentime from a character with family ties who deserves to be on the show, like Carrie.

I'm of the belief that the show should revolve around the Hortons and the Bradys, and to a lesser extent, the DiMeras and the Kiriakises.
Goto Top

FanODays

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 12:53 PM
Mason
RobynIsHere
She's hogging screentime from a character with family ties who deserves to be on the show, like Carrie.

I'm of the belief that the show should revolve around the Hortons and the Bradys, and to a lesser extent, the DiMeras and the Kiriakises.
Days needs to have characters to interact with the Hortons and the Bradys or else they will all wind up married to each other, you know kinda like Stephanie and Uncle Max.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Well I know everyone will roll their eyes given my Blake/Nick love, but they haven't cut Blake yet and given he is going to get them free publicity being on The Starter Wife (though we don't need his role yet) and they can do cross publicity, I think it would be dumb to cut him. Plus, he's talented and cheap. I believe the older cast are more likely to go. TB is going and I never thought RB was meant to be long term.

If they want to cut actors to save money, cutting the younger cast wouldn't do much to help unless they did several actors...it's the older cast that draws the heftier paycheck.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

FanODays
Jul 17 2008, 01:40 PM
RobynIsHere
Mason
RobynIsHere

Days needs to have characters to interact with the Hortons and the Bradys or else they will all wind up married to each other, you know kinda like Stephanie and Uncle Max.
Well, no. Max could easily be paired with Chelsea again, and Nick could hook up with Stephanie.
Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

A Max and Chelsea redux would be almost as revolting as Stax.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 01:57 PM
FanODays
RobynIsHere
Mason
RobynIsHere

Well, no. Max could easily be paired with Chelsea again, and Nick could hook up with Stephanie.
Chelsea is Max's niece too! They need people on the show that are not related to the main families.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 17 2008, 01:58 PM
A Max and Chelsea redux would be almost as revolting as Stax.
LOL! Darin and Rachel actually had chemistry. Bo's a Kiriakis, so Chelsea's even less related to Max than Steph!
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Angie79
Jul 17 2008, 02:04 PM
RobynIsHere
FanODays
RobynIsHere
Mason
RobynIsHere

Chelsea is Max's niece too! They need people on the show that are not related to the main families.
Chelsea is a Kiriakis.
Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 02:09 PM
Angie79
RobynIsHere
FanODays
RobynIsHere
Mason
RobynIsHere

Chelsea is a Kiriakis.
She is still Max's neice. Bo is her father and he is Max's brother. Even though Bo isn't Shawn Brady's biological son, he IS Caroline's son.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Angie79
Jul 17 2008, 02:26 PM
RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 02:09 PM
Angie79
RobynIsHere
FanODays
RobynIsHere
Mason
RobynIsHere

Chelsea is a Kiriakis.
She is still Max's neice. Bo is her father and he is Max's brother. Even though Bo isn't Shawn Brady's biological son, he IS Caroline's son.
Max is adopted. It's not gross.

The only time I ever liked either character was when they were together as a couple.
Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Who cares if Max is adopted? They're still family!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 17 2008, 02:30 PM
Um...he's ADOPTED! There's no blood relation!! And Chelsea wasn't even raised as a Brady, she was raised as a Benson. It's totally fine. It's not gross like Stax because originally Max was like a son to Patch and Kayla.

I don't remember you crying foul when Tony was in love with his foster sister Kristen.
Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 02:32 PM
Mason
Jul 17 2008, 02:30 PM
Um...he's ADOPTED! There's no blood relation!!
No shit, Sherlock. But would you have sex with someone in your family that's adopted? Never mind, don't answer that. I don't even want to know.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 02:32 PM
I don't remember you crying foul when Tony was in love with his foster sister Kristen.
Uhh, maybe because that was before the advent of message boards.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Let's just agree to disagree. I love Chax!
Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

So I guess it is ok for anyone that is adopted to go ahead and boink any family members that they didn't spend every waking minute with growing up. :eyeroll: :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shylock

RobynIsHere
Shylock
Jul 17 2008, 06:09 AM
RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 01:14 AM
I have no doubt Tony and Anna will be gone by the end of the year. I hope they take Rolf, Morgan, Chloe, Nick, Nicole, Sami, Stephanie, Dan, and EJ with them!
You're sending away a lot of the good cast there with them. Morgan, Nicole, Sami and EJ especially.

And Allison Sweeney, from what I can tell, has a pretty large fanbase. That'd be a stupid move. I mean, real top-of-the-line stupid move to give her the ax.
LOL Morgan, "good cast"? Seriously? hahaha! Kristen Renton couldn't act to save her life, and that annoying twang has GOT to go. Kill the bitch off.

Sami's a tired character and Ali's maternity leave will be a welcome respite.

And EJ...there is no redemption for the rapist. Just waste him.
This post makes it very obvious that you're kind of set in whatever ways you think. Even if I strongly disagree with everything, including your hostile hatred of Rentons voice. Talk about a ridiculous argument against her being on the show.

Two things, though.

One: Sami has a pretty large fanbase as is. You cut her from the show and you cut that chunk from the viewing audience. I agree she needs a break, but to get flat out cut would be stupid on epic levels.

Two: Isn't one of the big arguments in this thread being that everyone's got family ties and thus the incest? God damn. You can't have it both ways. Nicole's character has become quite fleshed out and has had some dimension added to it. There are plenty of ways to go with her story with EJ and Trent. She's not related to anyone, so isn't that a GOOD thing? God damn.

Also EJ's rape isn't any different from Victor sleeping with Kimberly back when she did so to try and save Shane. Kim didn't want him, but she did so to save her love. I thought the rape was a dead issue since Sami and EJ have had that talk about it where they both settled the issue. Both EJ and Sami are rapists, what makes Sami any different?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic