Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Days Renewal Announcement: When to expect it
Topic Started: Jul 16 2008, 06:51 PM (2,955 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Angie79
Jul 17 2008, 02:43 PM
So I guess it is ok for anyone that is adopted to go ahead and boink any family members that they didn't spend every waking minute with growing up. :eyeroll: :laugh:
What is irritating is how the show completely dropped the ball on an original(ish) obstacle for them to work through. I find Stax boring as hell, but the one thing that makes them stand out is they are related and he's her uncle. So why didn't they focus on that, let Max be torn between his growing feelings for his neice who he has lots in common with while Stephanie begins asking her parents about Max's young history which draws her closer to him.

And as for Max previously dating Chelsea, that feels already retconned to me. They rarely mention is and it hardly even came up last year after Chelsea and Nick were officially a couple. Now they never mention it and the couple was such a blink and you'll miss it moment in Salem history, I'm fine with ignoring what transpired.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Jul 17 2008, 02:35 PM
RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 02:32 PM
I don't remember you crying foul when Tony was in love with his foster sister Kristen.
Uhh, maybe because that was before the advent of message boards.
Oh, man, I have to applaud this and give you a bow!!! Good job!

:hail:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Shylock
Jul 17 2008, 02:50 PM
Also EJ's rape isn't any different from Victor sleeping with Kimberly back when she did so to try and save Shane. Kim didn't want him, but she did so to save her love. I thought the rape was a dead issue since Sami and EJ have had that talk about it where they both settled the issue. Both EJ and Sami are rapists, what makes Sami any different?
Not the same thing. Victor didn't tell Kimberly that she had to sleep with him for Shane to be saved. She slept with Victor so Shane would have time to get out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

Shylock
Jul 17 2008, 02:50 PM
RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 12:44 PM
Shylock
Jul 17 2008, 06:09 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
LOL Morgan, "good cast"? Seriously? hahaha! Kristen Renton couldn't act to save her life, and that annoying twang has GOT to go. Kill the bitch off.

Sami's a tired character and Ali's maternity leave will be a welcome respite.

Nicole is a superfluous character with no family ties to anyone in Salem and is just unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.

And EJ...there is no redemption for the rapist. Just waste him.
This post makes it very obvious that you're kind of set in whatever ways you think. Even if I strongly disagree with everything, including your hostile hatred of Rentons voice. Talk about a ridiculous argument against her being on the show.

Two things, though.

One: Sami has a pretty large fanbase as is. You cut her from the show and you cut that chunk from the viewing audience. I agree she needs a break, but to get flat out cut would be stupid on epic levels.

Two: Isn't one of the big arguments in this thread being that everyone's got family ties and thus the incest? God damn. You can't have it both ways. Nicole's character has become quite fleshed out and has had some dimension added to it. There are plenty of ways to go with her story with EJ and Trent. She's not related to anyone, so isn't that a GOOD thing? God damn.

Also EJ's rape isn't any different from Victor sleeping with Kimberly back when she did so to try and save Shane. Kim didn't want him, but she did so to save her love. I thought the rape was a dead issue since Sami and EJ have had that talk about it where they both settled the issue. Both EJ and Sami are rapists, what makes Sami any different?
No difference they are both rapist but I sure as hell wouldn't marry my rapist! :huh: I mean what would they reminisce about! :puke: EJ n Sami just don't make it as a couple, sorry! :sleep: The do better hating each other and plotting how to get revenge on each other. The endgame has ended and it's time for the new game in town...SAFE! :makeout: :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This thread is a YEAR old and bringing it back up just to debate Ejami vs Safe is insanity and not needed.

There's already a Safe/Ejami discussion going on in the thread linked to below.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8146219/3/?x=60#new
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic