Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Swingtown; John & Ava have sex
Topic Started: Jul 17 2008, 10:02 AM (3,112 Views)
Jonatha

Source: SOD

Summarized:

John and Ava get a whole lot closer this week when they take their relationship to the next level and make love. "Ava coming into John's life is validation for John," explains HW Dena Higley. "Nobody else likes him the way he is. After a while, even a guy who's as automous as John is, in his little robot-like way, wants some validation. I mean, he'd like somebody in his corner. All of a sudden, Ava comes along and she's beautiful and she's smart and she's telling him, 'You know what? I like you just the way you are.' And that's all he needs to hear. He's just so happy that somebody is not trying to tweak him or change him or force him to remember something that he doesn't want to be. That's what really draws him to Ava."

And John has already expressed his interest in her. "She (Ava) has helped him through a couple of things," details Drake Hogestyn (John), lately the disk, and supported him on any decision he's made. And now he's trying to help her find some housing."

"John is very, very basic and she is basic," offers Hogestyn. "She doesn't have anybody, he doesn't have anybody, and that's what brought these two together. Is it more physical than emotional? Absolutely. But that's the start of anything. John has no idea where it could go, or if it goes anywhere. But it stopped her from leaving and did buy him some time to see if there's something further down the line."

So, where does this leave Marlena? "Well, there has been absolutely no interaction," admits Hogestyn. "But I hear there's something big coming up. The spin of the ball will definitely change and it looks like a fast motion." Adds Higley, "Marlena wants John back. When I look at Marlena in this part of the story, it's like beginning acting class: What is your main objective? It's pure and simple. She wants her husband back, that's it. No ifs, ands or buts. Yes, she's intrigued by the new John, but that does not in any way color her decision that she's going full steam ahead toward getting John back. She's given up on the new John, but she never gives up on the old John."

So, is there still hope for John and Marlena fans? "Oh, absolutely," declares the scribe. "There's a whole wrinkle that's coming up that's completely unexpected that has nothing to do with the disk."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

JnM would be tolerable if Marlena would stop being so fickle and just except John for who he is now.

Drakelicious

Thank you Jonatha so much for typing this out! I'm sooooooo happy that Jawn and Ava make love and he is focused on HER, YAHOOOOOO! I hate the ending since I don't like John and Marlena as a couple (I can't stand Marlena) so I'll enjoy Jawn's freedom from HER while it lasts, WOOT! The fact that she couldn't accept NEW Jawn proves that her love isn't as deep for him as she thought, since there is no unconditional love in this relationship now. Thanks again.

Hergie23
Member Avatar

Ok, I'm sorry but are you serious with this unconditional love thing? Jawn is not John. The person has one thing in common...what he looks like. This is the way I have always thought about it. Marlena lost her husband. She mourned him and that person is still dead. Giving into this new Jawn would be like giving up on her John. Which is what this article is saying that she will never do. This Jawn could not possibly be more opposite than the man she loves. Seriously, think about it. I would think less of her if she did just give into him.

Regardless of what anybody thinks about Marlena, or however entertaining this new John is, if I put myself in Marlena's shoes, you would have to put a gun to my head for me to stay married to that man. While he was once generous, loving, caring, romantic, he is none of those things now. How can she possibley love Jawn the way she loved John? It just isn't realistic.

Bottom line is John and Marlena are always going to find their way back to each other, no matter what happens. I am not even going to list of the littany of things that they have done for each other. That is unconditional love.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks jonny, see I wanted Marlena to accept the new jawn...kinda sad its not her.
Edited by Red Mist, Jul 17 2008, 10:51 AM.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Hergie23
Jul 17 2008, 10:39 AM
Ok, I'm sorry but are you serious with this unconditional love thing? Jawn is not John. The person has one thing in common...what he looks like. This is the way I have always thought about it. Marlena lost her husband. She mourned him and that person is still dead. Giving into this new Jawn would be like giving up on her John. Which is what this article is saying that she will never do. This Jawn could not possibly be more opposite than the man she loves. Seriously, think about it. I would think less of her if she did just give into him.

Regardless of what anybody thinks about Marlena, or however entertaining this new John is, if I put myself in Marlena's shoes, you would have to put a gun to my head for me to stay married to that man. While he was once generous, loving, caring, romantic, he is none of those things now. How can she possibley love Jawn the way she loved John? It just isn't realistic.

Bottom line is John and Marlena are always going to find their way back to each other, no matter what happens. I am not even going to list of the littany of things that they have done for each other. That is unconditional love.
That's how I see it. John is dead.

It's time for Marlena to accept that and move on.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Jul 17 2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks jonny, see I wanted Marlena to accept the new jawn...kinda sad its not her.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

At least Higley's speaking about story for once and not her damn family.

peaches179

DrewHamilton
Jul 17 2008, 11:00 AM
At least Higley's speaking about story for once and not her damn family.

LOL!

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

And Jarlena fans are supposed to be happy about what?I knew they worded the cover like that to get people to buy the mag and NO FRICKIN way will I be happy,I will be happy when Ava goes far far away,hopefully forever,her and John around eachother make my skin crawl,what next,pair him with Sami or Chelsea?Least in the article Drake didn't justify what is gonna happen,if he had my respect level for him would have gone down a little,I cannot wait for Old John to come back and I will be extremely happy when he does cause this NuJohn makes me sick,Marlena deserves better. :x

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Why would you fault Drake for liking the John/Ava pairing? He's entitled and I can't blame him. It's new and different for him to play. Many fans had the same reaction to Drake enjoying the Jate/Kate relationship. He clearly just liked doing something new, just like he is now. It's challenging for him. I'm sure Dee would like something like that. You get sick of the same thing over and over. Drake seems very happy with the material since his return. The only time he seemed a bit miffed was in this interview when he mentioned the limited J&M interaction, which I can see his point. That is the only thing I have not liked in the last two months. They aren't giving J&M enough scenes together but that will come and I really think they are limiting Dee's apperances because she will need to be on alot when Stefano returns and with the Fall coming (which is usually when the teen and young cast move back to the side for older characters and vets) and they don't want the vets going over or too far over their guarantees.

This does sound good. I'm sure it will be hot and Drew is right. It's nice to hear Dena talking about story and I would much rather have her then Corday (especially since if it fails, she falls flat on her face). I look forward to the upcoming stuff Dena is previewing. No doubt it has to do with Stefano and it's coming at the right time with the Olympics starting soon.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

ginababe
Jul 17 2008, 10:11 AM
JnM would be tolerable if Marlena would stop being so fickle and just except John for who he is now.
Why should she? He hit her unconcious when she was trying to help him, verbally abuses her, shows no emotion whatsoever except in rare moments when they're alone, and then he's back to being an asshole. He's NOT her husband.

The problem with that Phoenix ("Dee would like something new"), is that Deidre doesn't have a storyline. Deidre hasen't had a storyline in... god, how long has it been now? I don't care what Drake likes or doesn't like, and if likes Java, then good for him. He can ship Alice and John for all I care, because what I care about is that he does his job, and he's selling J&M for me even if the dialouge and the story isen't there. Deidre and Drake are the sole two reasons I still need to watch J&M scenes, because it doesn't matter who else is in the scene, it doesn't even matter at that moment that the story sucks, because they're magical. He looks at her, she looks at him, and it's the best chemistry I've ever seen, and it's the best couple I've ever seen. That's all I care about for them right now.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 17 2008, 12:53 PM
^Why would you fault Drake for liking the John/Ava pairing? He's entitled and I can't blame him. It's new and different for him to play. Many fans had the same reaction to Drake enjoying the Jate/Kate relationship. He clearly just liked doing something new, just like he is now. It's challenging for him. I'm sure Dee would like something like that. You get sick of the same thing over and over. Drake seems very happy with the material since his return. The only time he seemed a bit miffed was in this interview when he mentioned the limited J&M interaction, which I can see his point. That is the only thing I have not liked in the last two months. They aren't giving J&M enough scenes together but that will come and I really think they are limiting Dee's apperances because she will need to be on alot when Stefano returns and with the Fall coming (which is usually when the teen and young cast move back to the side for older characters and vets) and they don't want the vets going over or too far over their guarantees.

This does sound good. I'm sure it will be hot and Drew is right. It's nice to hear Dena talking about story and I would much rather have her then Corday (especially since if it fails, she falls flat on her face). I look forward to the upcoming stuff Dena is previewing. No doubt it has to do with Stefano and it's coming at the right time with the Olympics starting soon.
Drake can like whatever he wants,I meant if he had justified John cheating on Marlena,that's all,I LOVE Drake,he's one of the BEST.

Shylock

Quote:

"Yes, she's intrigued by the new John, but that does not in any way color her decision that she's going full steam ahead toward getting John back."
Yeah, but how do we know that she's intrigued by this new John when they haven't shown any interaction between them whatsoever? And the last time we did, we saw Marlena going back on her word about making an attempt to accept the new John. Why couldn't she say "I won't stop fighting to get my John back, but I'll try and accept who you've become until you get your memories back."

Isn't that a more sensible Marlena than the one that's been written? God damn.
Edited by Shylock, Jul 17 2008, 03:01 PM.

leelee
Member Avatar

Is Higley ever gonna make up her damn mind about where this storyline is headed?

Ellie

Thanks Jonatha.

If Higley is a "John and Ava" fan and doesn't like Marlena (which the article pretty much confirms in my mind), that's her prerogative. Unfortunately, most of the Days fans have the opposite preferences. I know some on this board don't like them, but John and Marlena are two of the most popular characters on Days. Most viewers expected a J&M love story when Drake returned, and that expectation was only reinforced when the magazine stories in the winter told viewers that a J&M story was planned.

Now, Dena has sabotaged what could have been a "home run" with this new Java pairing, which is all in vain because it will be over when TB leaves. Who knows, with this, Dena may have sabotaged her own career as well. I certainly hope she has, anyway.

Mason
Member Avatar

LoL, Higley sabotaged her career a long time ago. It's just been dumb luck that she's managed to continue to get work in the writing field.

Ellie

Mason
Jul 17 2008, 06:00 PM
LoL, Higley sabotaged her career a long time ago. It's just been dumb luck that she's managed to continue to get work in the writing field.
Dumb luck, or dumb EP's.
Edited by Ellie, Jul 17 2008, 07:04 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 17 2008, 07:03 PM
Mason
Jul 17 2008, 06:00 PM
Dumb luck, or dumb EP's.
LoL, so true.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Damn! I thought this was an article on the CBS drama "Swingtown"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply