Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: SOD/SOW tidbits
Topic Started: Jul 17 2008, 10:18 AM (6,177 Views)
daysfan
Member Avatar

I'll chime in here about the BI:

This doesn't necessarily mean its someone from Days, but also to those who were speculating that it was referring to Meddine's exit from Y&R, in the other thread about her exit it was said no one was really sure why she was let go, but the BI says that no one was really suprised by this actresses' exit, but I can't think of any exiting women on any West Coast Soap besides her, so it has me very confused, but it could be anyone, IMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

jcar03
Jul 17 2008, 01:04 PM
Jonatha
Jul 17 2008, 10:18 AM

Guess who?

The sudden departure of this actress from a West Coast soap may have fans scratching their heads, but one of her co-stars says it's no surprise to the rest of the cast. "She was not well liked here and for very good reasons," sighs the source. "She was unprofessional, always late, making demands and generally not a very nice person. Let's just say she won't be missed." ... One loose-lipped vet was overheard ranting about the younger co-star's antics, fueling more rumors about the latter's possible exit.

Did anyone actually read this? It can't even be someone from DAYS because it is saying sudden depature left fans scratching their heads. With the expection of Tamara there are no other actresses leaving DAYS at the moment and according to this the person has already left or is leaving shortly with the depature already announced.

I am thinking it is Raya Meddine from Y&R. I would call that sudden since she just joined in February and we all know Eric Braeden is not one to be quiet about things. The only thing that doesn't work is the fans part because from what I can tell she wasn't a favorite.
Yes, I read it, and it doesn't actually say "left fans scratching their heads". It says "may have fans scratching their heads. The tense is ambiguous. To me it sounds like it's an impending announcement, though I doubt it's about a Days actress.

Mason
Member Avatar

Hmm...maybe it's Adrienne Frantz or Emily O'Brien on Y&R?
Edited by Mason, Jul 17 2008, 04:43 PM.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

"Daniel and Kate reminise about their past"

I wonder if this means Date flashback sex.I'd like to see it!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Dayzfan
Jul 17 2008, 04:43 PM

It's like the one flashback we WANT to see!

So of course we probably won't get it.

Mason
Member Avatar

I could go without seeing a Daniel/Kate flashback, actually LoL

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Dayzfan
Jul 17 2008, 04:43 PM

Oohh la la!

Charmqn
Member Avatar

there was a verrrrrrry interesting quote from SC in the Soap Opera Digest Insider email I. Apparently they interviewed him for an upcoming issue and asked about the "much-talked-about romance with the much-younger Chelsea." His response?

"Thank God that people hate me for robbing the cradle."

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Wow, that's interesting.

maren17
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 17 2008, 12:47 PM
Sounds pretty good. I am still rather worried about Victor surviving though with his flat lining.

I read Prevuze and the whole Lucas/Roman think has me intrigued. I wonder what sort of mission he is getting Lucas involved in. I have a feeling this will be Lucas' ticket out of jail.

I can't wait to see Daniel and Kate reminiscing. I enjoy them together.

As for the blind item, I think it can be Renton, Melvin, or Hennig. I've thought about it and I really haven't heard anyone go out of the way to comment on any of them. Each of them has been commented on by a vet or two here or there but it's not like anyone at Days is waxing poetic about their love for them or anything. This is interesting though because this blind item seems to fall in line with the other one and it sounds like it could be reaching a boiling point so maybe whoever this is will get axed. If you think about it, Chan has cooled off and Kate and Daniel are interacting more and Nick has stuff coming too. This may be the perfect setup to remove Melvin from the canvas. That would be shocking considering she was an Emmy nominee and will likely be one next year too but, then again, MM was fired so who knows. This is definitely something to keep an eye on going forward.

maren17
Member Avatar

It must be Renton. Isn't their a spoiler/rumor that she's shot at and Phillip takes the bullet. Maybe the next time the shooter doesn't miss. That would certain give her an exit!

Jonatha

Charmqn
Jul 17 2008, 05:19 PM
there was a verrrrrrry interesting quote from SC in the Soap Opera Digest Insider email I. Apparently they interviewed him for an upcoming issue and asked about the "much-talked-about romance with the much-younger Chelsea." His response?

"Thank God that people hate me for robbing the cradle."
Here's his direct quote from SOD:

When the actor was hired for the role (there was no screen test), the industry was in the midst of a writer's strike and Days was a great opportunity for him to keep busy. At the time, he didn't know he would be paired with Rachel Melvin (Chelsea), an actress nearly 20 years his junior. "I had no idea," he recalls. But he's not fazed that the pairing has sparked controversy. "Reaction is good. Thanks God that people hate me for robbing the cradle," he cracks. "People are like, 'This is messed up!' And it should be. The character should be messed up. I hope not to be tied in a nice, pretty box with a bow on it. I want it to be twisted to some degree. I mean, I understand people's concerns, but I like that it feels a little dirty and raw."

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Oh, wow. I wonder if this is just more proof that the audience is NOT supposed to root for the Chan paring. It's obvious that SC is uncomfortable with it, as are we. I think RM is the only one who's really gushed about Chan at all.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Chan is certainly dirty and disgusting, but not raw.

Why the fuck should people care about a 20 year old girl who acts like a 6 year old who lost her dolly and her Doctor boyfriend who studies under the Fast Times of Ridgemount High dictionary...

Mason
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Jul 17 2008, 06:20 PM
Why the fuck should people care about a 20 year old girl who acts like a 6 year old who lost her dolly and her Doctor boyfriend who studies under the Fast Times of Ridgemount High dictionary...
Ooh, well said! I think it shall be joining my siggy, LoL.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 06:16 PM
Oh, wow. I wonder if this is just more proof that the audience is NOT supposed to root for the Chan paring. It's obvious that SC is uncomfortable with it, as are we. I think RM is the only one who's really gushed about Chan at all.
Is that what he is saying? Hearing the one line I thought he was, but reading the whole quote...I'm not sure. It's almost like he welcomes the challenge (I guess) but IMO claiming it should be twisted is not the ideal way to sell the pairing. I do have to say he is backing up what I thought all along, he didn't know he would be paired with RM so he didn't play those scenes in the beginning that way.

And hearing there was no screen test answers SOOOOOOOOO much.
Edited by Tripp, Jul 17 2008, 10:35 PM.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

oh Mason thanks for putting my quote in your siggy :)

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 17 2008, 10:29 PM
fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 06:16 PM
Is that what he is saying? Hearing the one line I thought he was, but reading the whole quote...I'm not sure. It's almost like he welcomes the challenge (I guess) but IMO claiming it should be twisted is not the ideal way to sell the pairing. I do have to say he is backing up what I thought all along, he didn't know he would be paired with RM so he didn't play those scenes in the beginning that way.

And hearing there was no screen test answers SOOOOOOOOO much.
Shit. Now that I read it over a few times, I'm having my doubts too. It does sound like he's trying to find some comfort ground in the situation. Which I guess as the actor portraying it, he should.

Ugh, I don't think I've ever hated a pairing this much.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't understand the fascination of putting Kate with younger men. It was gross with Nicholas and it's gross now with Dan! Kate works best as a love interest for Victor (although he belongs with Caroline), or, to a lesser extent, Roman.
Quote Post Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 11:00 PM
...or, to a lesser extent, Roman.
*vomits*

Kate and Nicholas were fucking amazing, Kaman? Not so much.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply