Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: SOD/SOW tidbits
Topic Started: Jul 17 2008, 10:18 AM (5,885 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 10:59 PM
Tripp
Jul 17 2008, 10:29 PM
fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 06:16 PM
Oh, wow. I wonder if this is just more proof that the audience is NOT supposed to root for the Chan paring. It's obvious that SC is uncomfortable with it, as are we. I think RM is the only one who's really gushed about Chan at all.
Is that what he is saying? Hearing the one line I thought he was, but reading the whole quote...I'm not sure. It's almost like he welcomes the challenge (I guess) but IMO claiming it should be twisted is not the ideal way to sell the pairing. I do have to say he is backing up what I thought all along, he didn't know he would be paired with RM so he didn't play those scenes in the beginning that way.

And hearing there was no screen test answers SOOOOOOOOO much.
Shit. Now that I read it over a few times, I'm having my doubts too. It does sound like he's trying to find some comfort ground in the situation. Which I guess as the actor portraying it, he should.

Ugh, I don't think I've ever hated a pairing this much.
Well if this is his way of propping the coupling, he's a bigger moron than Daniel IMO. I mean, you don't use words like "twisted" and "messed up" to try to convince people to accept a controversial couple. Maybe he is stating he wants Daniel to be a "different" character in it that he's dark, twisted and raw thereby we don't root for the pairing.

The good news is, he is quite aware of the negatives said about the couple which means the studio is too. The question is, how far do they think they can stretch people's patience with a show already on shaky ground? I mean, to survive, Days desperately needs a couple that can get majority of people to root for (since the entire audience would be impossible to strive for) and throwing all their resources into promoting a couple already in the hole is just folly and a waste of actor's potential.

Of course, if SC wanted twisted and dark, he sure got that with grandmasex.
Edited by Tripp, Jul 17 2008, 11:17 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

I don't find Kate as attractive as some people, but the reason why she gets paired up with younger guys like EJ and Daniel is because she looks good with them. And, at times, has a good deal of chemistry with them. I don't really see the problem with it.. and with Kate, the character, it's totally believable that she'd be into younger men, I'd think.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 11:10 PM
RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 11:00 PM
...or, to a lesser extent, Roman.
*vomits*

Kate and Nicholas were fucking amazing, Kaman? Not so much.
I agree, Kate is a beautiful woman with a lot of sex appeal...she can pull off the older woman/younger man story so why not go for it? It certainly is less used than the tired older man/younger woman pairing.

Of course, I look at Kate with Daniel and it doesn't occur to me that she's about 10 years Dan's senior. As good looking as people label SC to be, he looks older than his age IMO.

Deleted User
Deleted User

None of y'all'd support these Kate pairings if Deborah Adair were still in the role. Eww!
Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 11:31 PM
None of y'all'd support these Kate pairings if Deborah Adair were still in the role. Eww!
Well she had a matronly look to her which fit in better with Victor and older guys.

And honestly the only reason Chan has any fans is because SC is good looking. If they had brought in an ugly guy to play Daniel but who's age was the same as SC's...well there would be no question that the pairing would be seen as a mistake and creepy.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Lauren Koslow has great chemistry with John Aniston.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 11:31 PM
Um so? What does that have to do with anything?

Mason

Honestly, out of all the men that Kate's been with, I liked her with Victor the most, more than with any of the younger men, although I don't want them together now. Lawrence Alamain would be perfect for Kate - with a recast, of course. I love Michael Sabatino, but he's really let himself go, and him and Kate just wouldn't be believable together onscreen.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 17 2008, 11:13 PM
fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 10:59 PM
Tripp
Jul 17 2008, 10:29 PM
fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 06:16 PM
Oh, wow. I wonder if this is just more proof that the audience is NOT supposed to root for the Chan paring. It's obvious that SC is uncomfortable with it, as are we. I think RM is the only one who's really gushed about Chan at all.
Is that what he is saying? Hearing the one line I thought he was, but reading the whole quote...I'm not sure. It's almost like he welcomes the challenge (I guess) but IMO claiming it should be twisted is not the ideal way to sell the pairing. I do have to say he is backing up what I thought all along, he didn't know he would be paired with RM so he didn't play those scenes in the beginning that way.

And hearing there was no screen test answers SOOOOOOOOO much.
Shit. Now that I read it over a few times, I'm having my doubts too. It does sound like he's trying to find some comfort ground in the situation. Which I guess as the actor portraying it, he should.

Ugh, I don't think I've ever hated a pairing this much.
Well if this is his way of propping the coupling, he's a bigger moron than Daniel IMO. I mean, you don't use words like "twisted" and "messed up" to try to convince people to accept a controversial couple. Maybe he is stating he wants Daniel to be a "different" character in it that he's dark, twisted and raw thereby we don't root for the pairing.

The good news is, he is quite aware of the negatives said about the couple which means the studio is too. The question is, how far do they think they can stretch people's patience with a show already on shaky ground? I mean, to survive, Days desperately needs a couple that can get majority of people to root for (since the entire audience would be impossible to strive for) and throwing all their resources into promoting a couple already in the hole is just folly and a waste of actor's potential.

Of course, if SC wanted twisted and dark, he sure got that with grandmasex.
I don't think SC is propping Chan with this, because he has to know it's a lost cause. Good call about the studio having also realized Chan is a huge-ass bust, the only reason that Chelsea and Daniel are probably still a couple is because of the "reaction" they got out of viewers....and you have to admit, they're pretty damn controversial, especially when you throw in Grandmasex. I think what SC was getting at, was he likes that his character is a bit of a twisted asshole, because it's better than being presented as perfect.

At least, that's what he better have been getting at or he's on my shit list.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 11:51 PM
I don't think SC is propping Chan with this, because he has to know it's a lost cause. Good call about the studio having also realized Chan is a huge-ass bust, the only reason that Chelsea and Daniel are probably still a couple is because of the "reaction" they got out of viewers....and you have to admit, they're pretty damn controversial, especially when you throw in Grandmasex. I think what SC was getting at, was he likes that his character is a bit of a twisted asshole, because it's better than being presented as perfect.

At least, that's what he better have been getting at or he's on my shit list.
Hopefully not. Like you said, maybe he's just glad though his character is finally given a character flaw given they have made him (for lack of a better term) a Mary Sue.

And it really is a character flaw...not that an older man would date or be involved with such a younger woman, but such an immature one is the big issue. Chelsea is not mature and Daniel looks so much worse in this...like he's going through a mid-life crises or he's got a fetish.

Edited by Tripp, Jul 17 2008, 11:56 PM.

Shylock

Mason
Jul 17 2008, 11:48 PM
Honestly, out of all the men that Kate's been with, I liked her with Victor the most, more than with any of the younger men, although I don't want them together now. Lawrence Alamain would be perfect for Kate - with a recast, of course. I love Michael Sabatino, but he's really let himself go, and him and Kate just wouldn't be believable together onscreen.
I don't know about that. A recast wouldn't work, unless it was exceptional, because Sabatino kind of had a certain.. sleaze.. that he just came off really well.

Any recent pictures? I haven't seen any of him lately, so I wouldn't know.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 17 2008, 11:54 PM
Hopefully not. Like you said, maybe he's just glad though his character is finally given a character flaw given they have made him (for lack of a better term) a Mary Sue.

And it really is a character flaw...not that an older man would date or be involved with such a younger woman, but such an immature one is the big issue. Chelsea is not mature and Daniel looks so much worse in this...like he's going through a mid-life crises or he's got a fetish.

Exactly, so there really is no way to justify a pedophile-like character, or make them sound like Jesus, so we can't really get on SC's ass about it. A part of me wishes he'd come out with an interview saying how contrived and idiotic Chan is, but those are some pretty unlikely standards for me to set for the man.

That being said, I can't wait for them to die and for Grandmasex to prosper.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 11:46 PM
Not to pimp the woman out or anything, but she's got pretty good chemistry with everyone; her kids, her rivals, her lovers. I think that's part of the reason her character has been written like such a cougar, and with so many partners. You can't really settle someone like that down. It'll get boring REAL fast, Kaman being a prime example of that.

Deleted User
Deleted User

fenderbabe
Jul 18 2008, 12:11 AM
RobynIsHere
Not to pimp the woman out or anything, but she's got pretty good chemistry with everyone; her kids, her rivals, her lovers. I think that's part of the reason her character has been written like such a cougar, and with so many partners. You can't really settle someone like that down. It'll get boring REAL fast, Kaman being a prime example of that.
Well, I thoroughly disagree. Lauren Koslow is not that good at all. She's good, but I mean she's no Deidre Hall or Frances Reid.
Quote Post Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 12:14 AM
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere
Well, I thoroughly disagree. Lauren Koslow is not that good at all. She's good, but I mean she's no Deidre Hall or Frances Reid.
LOL, I'm not even going to express my views of Deidre Friggin' Hall, but as for Frances, um, I never even insinuated a compairison between the two. I simply stated that LK worked well with most scene partners, I don't see what that has anything to do with either women you brought up.

But, whatever.

Deleted User
Deleted User

fenderbabe
Jul 18 2008, 12:48 AM
RobynIsHere
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere
LOL, I'm not even going to express my views of Deidre Friggin' Hall, but as for Frances, um, I never even insinuated a compairison between the two. I simply stated that LK worked well with most scene partners, I don't see what that has anything to do with either women you brought up.

But, whatever.
I was just thinking of Days' best actresses and saying that Lauren is not in their league.
Quote Post Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 12:53 AM
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere

But, whatever.
I was just thinking of Days' best actresses and saying that Lauren is not in their league.
I would hardly call Deidre one of Days' best actresses. Not anymore at least, because she's quite laughable now. Frances ,while I respect the hell out her and she has to be one of the coolest old ladies ever, is never on the show, so that doesn't make any sense. But this conversation isn't even stimulating because I would never want Lauren put into the types of roles FR and DH have and versa vise.

I just don't see why I can't give kudos to one actress without someone debasing her to the alter of another, that's all.
Edited by fenderbabe, Jul 18 2008, 01:12 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

fenderbabe
Jul 18 2008, 01:09 AM
RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 12:53 AM
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere

But, whatever.
I would hardly call Deidre one of Days' best actresses. Not anymore at least, because she's quite laughable now. Frances ,while I respect the hell out her and she has to be one of the coolest old ladies ever, is never on the show, so that doesn't make any sense. But this conversation isn't even stimulating because I would never want Lauren put into the type of roles FR and DH have and versa vise.

I just don't see why I can't give kudos to one actress without someone debasing her to the alter of another, that's all.
Err, you just did that to Deidre Hall. And Dee is the Queen of Days, there is no denying that.
Quote Post Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 01:11 AM
Err, you just did that to Deidre Hall. And Dee is the Queen of Days, there is no denying that.
I didn't start the comparisons of the actresses, and I never said that LK was superior to anyone the way you did with DH and FR.....I just expressed my dislike for Deidre. Oh, and for the record, I'm denying Deidre the thrown of DAYS, and I'm sure there are others who will as well. She sucks.

Peace.

Deleted User
Deleted User

fenderbabe
Jul 18 2008, 01:18 AM
RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 01:11 AM
I didn't start the comparisons of the actresses, and I never said that LK was superior to anyone the way you did with DH and FR.....I just expressed my dislike for Deidre. Oh, and for the record, I'm denying Deidre the thrown of DAYS, and I'm sure there are others who will as well. She sucks.

Peace.
That doesn't make you right, that just makes it your opinion.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply