Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: SOD/SOW tidbits
Topic Started: Jul 17 2008, 10:18 AM (6,032 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Jul 18 2008, 01:18 AM
RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 01:11 AM
Err, you just did that to Deidre Hall. And Dee is the Queen of Days, there is no denying that.
I didn't start the comparisons of the actresses, and I never said that LK was superior to anyone the way you did with DH and FR.....I just expressed my dislike for Deidre. Oh, and for the record, I'm denying Deidre the thrown of DAYS, and I'm sure there are others who will as well. She sucks.

Peace.
Jumping in here, I'm not a Dee Hall fan, at least not anymore, but I won't get into why because what we were talking about is how good/bad LK is. I find LK a good actress (my personal opinion is she can hold her own against Dee too) and if I liked her before the fact she's making Daniel interesting with her performance proves they have not given this woman enough to do over the years.

As for Kaman, I liked the couple simply on the basis that I do like the woman to be the less moral one as that is not done so much. But the reason I can't get fully on board is a) the way Kate treated Roman's own daughter should have ended the pairing years ago and b) JT as Roman. I'm sorry, I loved JT when he was on The Hogan Family and actually had a crush on him with he was on 90210. Now? I can't see him in a romantic pairing and if Kaman gets together fine, but do not show kissing.

Which is a shame because LK could pull off a hot sex scene very well...so if they want to make Date a full couple, then let's go.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 11:51 PM
Tripp
Jul 17 2008, 11:13 PM
fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 10:59 PM
Tripp
Jul 17 2008, 10:29 PM
fenderbabe
Jul 17 2008, 06:16 PM
Oh, wow. I wonder if this is just more proof that the audience is NOT supposed to root for the Chan paring. It's obvious that SC is uncomfortable with it, as are we. I think RM is the only one who's really gushed about Chan at all.
Is that what he is saying? Hearing the one line I thought he was, but reading the whole quote...I'm not sure. It's almost like he welcomes the challenge (I guess) but IMO claiming it should be twisted is not the ideal way to sell the pairing. I do have to say he is backing up what I thought all along, he didn't know he would be paired with RM so he didn't play those scenes in the beginning that way.

And hearing there was no screen test answers SOOOOOOOOO much.
Shit. Now that I read it over a few times, I'm having my doubts too. It does sound like he's trying to find some comfort ground in the situation. Which I guess as the actor portraying it, he should.

Ugh, I don't think I've ever hated a pairing this much.
Well if this is his way of propping the coupling, he's a bigger moron than Daniel IMO. I mean, you don't use words like "twisted" and "messed up" to try to convince people to accept a controversial couple. Maybe he is stating he wants Daniel to be a "different" character in it that he's dark, twisted and raw thereby we don't root for the pairing.

The good news is, he is quite aware of the negatives said about the couple which means the studio is too. The question is, how far do they think they can stretch people's patience with a show already on shaky ground? I mean, to survive, Days desperately needs a couple that can get majority of people to root for (since the entire audience would be impossible to strive for) and throwing all their resources into promoting a couple already in the hole is just folly and a waste of actor's potential.

Of course, if SC wanted twisted and dark, he sure got that with grandmasex.
I don't think SC is propping Chan with this, because he has to know it's a lost cause. Good call about the studio having also realized Chan is a huge-ass bust, the only reason that Chelsea and Daniel are probably still a couple is because of the "reaction" they got out of viewers....and you have to admit, they're pretty damn controversial, especially when you throw in Grandmasex. I think what SC was getting at, was he likes that his character is a bit of a twisted asshole, because it's better than being presented as perfect.

At least, that's what he better have been getting at or he's on my shit list.
I think SC is just trying to make the best of the disgusting pairing by putting it out there for what it is and saying he welcomes the challenge of a character who isn't white bread perfect.He has always been diplomatic about storyline situations.I bet RM won't be too pleased by what he says about the pairing

FanODays

RobynIsHere
fenderbabe
Jul 18 2008, 01:09 AM
RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 12:53 AM
fenderbabe
Jul 18 2008, 12:48 AM
RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 12:14 AM
fenderbabe
Jul 18 2008, 12:11 AM
RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 11:46 PM
Lauren Koslow has great chemistry with John Aniston.
Not to pimp the woman out or anything, but she's got pretty good chemistry with everyone; her kids, her rivals, her lovers. I think that's part of the reason her character has been written like such a cougar, and with so many partners. You can't really settle someone like that down. It'll get boring REAL fast, Kaman being a prime example of that.
Well, I thoroughly disagree. Lauren Koslow is not that good at all. She's good, but I mean she's no Deidre Hall or Frances Reid.
LOL, I'm not even going to express my views of Deidre Friggin' Hall, but as for Frances, um, I never even insinuated a compairison between the two. I simply stated that LK worked well with most scene partners, I don't see what that has anything to do with either women you brought up.

But, whatever.
I was just thinking of Days' best actresses and saying that Lauren is not in their league.
I would hardly call Deidre one of Days' best actresses. Not anymore at least, because she's quite laughable now. Frances ,while I respect the hell out her and she has to be one of the coolest old ladies ever, is never on the show, so that doesn't make any sense. But this conversation isn't even stimulating because I would never want Lauren put into the type of roles FR and DH have and versa vise.

I just don't see why I can't give kudos to one actress without someone debasing her to the alter of another, that's all.
Err, you just did that to Deidre Hall. And Dee is the Queen of Days, there is no denying that.
I'm not sure that is a compliment anymore!

The stories are really not helping anyone show off their talents with the exception of Ari and James. Ali gets to do a screeching Sami most days, Bryan gets angry Lucas, Peter and Kristian get nothing, etc. Yes a good actor can make alot out of nothing but there is a limit. Koslow hasn't had good stuff to work with for years except a few moments when Kate and Roman were falling for each other. The material Hall has to work with is horrific at best.

cjknick
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jul 18 2008, 09:21 AM
RobynIsHere
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere
Not to pimp the woman out or anything, but she's got pretty good chemistry with everyone; her kids, her rivals, her lovers. I think that's part of the reason her character has been written like such a cougar, and with so many partners. You can't really settle someone like that down. It'll get boring REAL fast, Kaman being a prime example of that.
Well, I thoroughly disagree. Lauren Koslow is not that good at all. She's good, but I mean she's no Deidre Hall or Frances Reid.
LOL, I'm not even going to express my views of Deidre Friggin' Hall, but as for Frances, um, I never even insinuated a compairison between the two. I simply stated that LK worked well with most scene partners, I don't see what that has anything to do with either women you brought up.

But, whatever.
I was just thinking of Days' best actresses and saying that Lauren is not in their league.
I would hardly call Deidre one of Days' best actresses. Not anymore at least, because she's quite laughable now. Frances ,while I respect the hell out her and she has to be one of the coolest old ladies ever, is never on the show, so that doesn't make any sense. But this conversation isn't even stimulating because I would never want Lauren put into the type of roles FR and DH have and versa vise.

I just don't see why I can't give kudos to one actress without someone debasing her to the alter of another, that's all.

The stories are really not helping anyone show off their talents with the exception of Ari and James. Ali gets to do a screeching Sami most days, Bryan gets angry Lucas, Peter and Kristian get nothing, etc. Yes a good actor can make alot out of nothing but there is a limit. Koslow hasn't had good stuff to work with for years except a few moments when Kate and Roman were falling for each other. The material Hall has to work with is horrific at best.
Drake and James has a fantastic scene together this week - and it was never really spoiled - plus Stephen and MBE have a awesome performance coming up this Monday and it was not really spoiled! You can see the scene on Prevuze II.

FanODays

cjknick
Jul 18 2008, 09:35 AM
FanODays
Jul 18 2008, 09:21 AM
RobynIsHere
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere
fenderbabe
RobynIsHere

But, whatever.

Drake and James has a fantastic scene together this week - and it was never really spoiled - plus Stephen and MBE have a awesome performance coming up this Monday and it was not really spoiled! You can see the scene on Prevuze II.
Everyone has a few scenes here or there but my point is that the writing isn't supporting any of the actor's talents on a continual basis with the exceptions of James and Ari, IMO. I'm thinking in terms of if they had to submit their emmy reels who really has enough stuff that would make them viable contenders? Not many.

Drake may be having fun with John but its limited. Tamara did a terrific job as Ava before she stopped taking her 'meds' so she could be a contender, as could Ari with her Trent scenes and James with some of his scenes with a ranting Sami. Otherwise I wouldn't suggest anyone submit a reel at this point.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

RobynIsHere
Jul 17 2008, 11:00 PM
I don't understand the fascination of putting Kate with younger men. It was gross with Nicholas and it's gross now with Dan!
I would hardly consider Dan a younger man. Maybe 5-10 yrs max.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jul 18 2008, 10:00 AM
RobynIsHere
I don't understand the fascination of putting Kate with younger men. It was gross with Nicholas and it's gross now with Dan!
If you go with their real ages, Lauren is 55 and Shawn is 43 later this year. Rachel is 23.
I don't know how old they are suppose to be on the show. Age differences don't really bother me too much (my husband of 31 years is 7 years younger than me), it is the maturity level. Chelsea just acts so much younger. Daniel goes back and forth with his maturity level depending on who he is with. IMO.
Edited by ArizonaDaze, Jul 18 2008, 12:02 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
RobynIsHere
I find younger man/older woman pairings absolutely disgusting, and the 12-year age difference between Lauren and Shawn is creepy.

Kate's a cougar....ewwww!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

She is, especially when she was sleeping with EJ - James is only 29 irl.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Daniel was so checking Caroline out on today's show. I see why Daniel goes for the Grandma's. If one of them is having health issues, he'll be able to ride down on his magical surfboard and save the day. Or he loves the smell of Bengay in the morning.

annalee003
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 12:02 PM
darraholic
RobynIsHere
I find younger man/older woman pairings absolutely disgusting, and the 12-year age difference between Lauren and Shawn is creepy.

Kate is a very sexy cougar, lol!

She doesn't look like your average grandma. I'm sure there are a lot of younger women who would kill to have a body like hers. I know I would.

Deleted User
Deleted User

annalee003
Jul 18 2008, 01:30 PM
RobynIsHere
darraholic
RobynIsHere

She doesn't look like your average grandma. I'm sure there are a lot of younger women who would kill to have a body like hers. I know I would.
No she doesn't, because she can afford the plastic surgery to look that way.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 01:33 PM
annalee003
RobynIsHere
darraholic
RobynIsHere

Rion, your queen Deidre Hall has also had some plastic surgery although she has one of the best surgeons bar none.

annalee003
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 01:33 PM
annalee003
RobynIsHere
darraholic
RobynIsHere

So can a lot of older rich women. But plastic surgery can only take you so far(Barbara Bush). Just saying........

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Actually, LK literally works her ass off to keep her great figure and she's honestly the only person who I've ever heard of that only eats certain foods based on her blood type....which is just flat out weird. I'm a total heath-freak and even I would never do that....but hey, if it works....

She's foxy, and I think her and Tanya Boyd have the best bodies out of the older women....aww, I miss TB.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

What is so creepy about n 11year age difference?(their actual) What do we want,only people of the same age getting together? I guess its creepy then that in real life,Shawn's wife is nearly 5 years OLDER than him

FanODays

Dayzfan
Jul 18 2008, 02:56 PM
What is so creepy about n 11year age difference?(their actual) What do we want,only people of the same age getting together? I guess its creepy then that in real life,Shawn's wife is nearly 5 years OLDER than him
Were people creeped out when Kate was involved with Victor who has got to be at least 11 years her senior?

Mason
Member Avatar

Daniel's younger than Kate, sure, but it's not exactly as if she's robbing the cradle or anything (unlike Daniel with Chelsea).

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jul 18 2008, 03:16 PM
Dayzfan
Jul 18 2008, 02:56 PM
Were people creeped out when Kate was involved with Victor who has got to be at least 11 years her senior?
JA is in his 70s.Thats digusting to think of Kate once being involved with him romantically

Mason
Member Avatar

Not as disgusting as thinking of Nicole once being involved with him, LoL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply