Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LATEST RATINGS: Good week for All soaps; All soaps rise in HH except GL
Topic Started: Jul 17 2008, 12:01 PM (2,140 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Only JER can save Days now. PSNS is OVER & JER can focus full time on DOOL & he can work his magic again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Jul 18 2008, 07:04 AM
Only JER can save Days now. PSNS is OVER & JER can focus full time on DOOL & he can work his magic again.
Save it? LoL

He's one of the people responsible for the situation it's in now!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Rakesh198
JER is donezo, I hope he never returns to daytime. I know Corday is a fucking idiot, but he isn't insane enough to rehire JER for the second time after his latest travesty of a stint. I am not sure who DAYS could hire that would have the soap improve, but it best not be JER.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rakesh198
I wholeheartedly agree. People love a scapegoat which is why they blame JER, but truly JER is the only one who can save Days now.
Quote Post Goto Top

FanODays

RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 01:17 PM
Rakesh198
I wholeheartedly agree. People love a scapegoat which is why they blame JER, but truly JER is the only one who can save Days now.
There is only one way to save Days and that is for Corday to step down and let Ed Scott run the whole show. Throughout it all, Langan, C&B, Higley, Reilly, Sheffer, Higley there has been one constant and that is Corday. He can use whoever he wants as a scapegoat but as I see it the blame lies solely on him.

Deleted User
Deleted User

FanODays
Jul 18 2008, 01:33 PM
RobynIsHere
Rakesh198
There is only one way to save Days and that is for Corday to step down and let Ed Scott run the whole show. Throughout it all, Langan, C&B, Higley, Reilly, Sheffer, Higley there has been one constant and that is Corday. He can use whoever he wants as a scapegoat but as I see it the blame lies solely on him.
I agree that Corday should take a more hands-off role, but Ed Scott is not the man for the job. Days will never, ever work as a Y&R/CBS clone, and the ratings since Sheffer prove that.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

JER has been a blight on daytime for years. Thank God we'll finally be rid of him after PASSIONS ends.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 18 2008, 01:42 PM
JER has been a blight on daytime for years. Thank God we'll finally be rid of him after PASSIONS ends.
JER is the reason why Days still exists. Remember, Days would've been cancelled in 2003...or did you forget that? And his 90s stories brought Days to the height of its popularity.
Quote Post Goto Top

FanODays

RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 01:44 PM
Mason
JER is the reason why Days still exists. Remember, Days would've been cancelled in 2003...or did you forget that? And his 90s stories brought Days to the height of its popularity.
If Reilly was so great, then why did NBC & Corday decide to pay off the rest of Reilly's contract and replace him?

Mason
Member Avatar

RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 01:44 PM
Mason
A part of me actually wishes it had been cancelled so I didn't have to see all that shit from his second run.

FanODays

RobynIsHere
Jul 18 2008, 01:35 PM
FanODays
Jul 18 2008, 01:33 PM
RobynIsHere
Rakesh198
I agree that Corday should take a more hands-off role, but Ed Scott is not the man for the job. Days will never, ever work as a Y&R/CBS clone, and the ratings since Sheffer prove that.
I thought Days was trying to be like GH with the mob stories and the revolving door of bed partners.

Maybe there is someone better for the job than Scott, fine bring that person in and dump Corday. He doesn't need to be less hands on, he needs to have his hands cut off. Based on numerous interviews, he's the one making certain decisions that the writers have to work with and then blaming the writers. That does not mean that the writers are without blame but step one is to get rid of Corday.

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

Looks like Days is attracting more men and not women lol. Days is starting to suck. I am a days fan and some of the storying lines are getting really boring sad to say. I think it has alot to do with Belle and shawn not being on the show anymore
Edited by angelbaby19212, Jul 18 2008, 11:53 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

angelbaby19212
Jul 18 2008, 11:52 PM
Looks like Days is attracting more men and not women lol.
It wouldn't surprise me. Higley doesn't have a clue how to write for women - which is doubly pathetic because she is a woman (supposedly).
Edited by Mason, Jul 19 2008, 12:56 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't think any current show is doing all it needs to do but I don't think it would make much difference with what the ratings react to now and with all the viewers soaps are lost. They should just hope to keep the people they have left because I don't see any big surges coming.

Glad everyone rose. Days got back to where it was so that is good but I fear what will happen when the Olympics come. NBC should probably just not count the two weeks like they did for Wimbledon because the numbers are likely to be on par or lower with last month's numbers due to Golf.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

I'd really like to see ratings next week.If Days can get to 2.0 it may be safe thru 2009.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 19 2008, 12:56 AM
angelbaby19212
Jul 18 2008, 11:52 PM
Looks like Days is attracting more men and not women lol.
It wouldn't surprise me. Higley doesn't have a clue how to write for women - which is doubly pathetic because she is a woman (supposedly).
LMAO... You would think a woman head writer could write romantic love stories instead of random meaningless hookups. :eyeroll:

King
Member Avatar

Well, she is being TOLD what to write...by a man.

So let's not forget that.

Mason
Member Avatar

Corday interfered just as much with Hogan as he is with Higley, and the female characters weren't written nearly this bad. Hell, Marlena was written better than she had been in God knows how long. Seeing her now, you would never have guessed she was so fierce from October through February.

King
Member Avatar

Marlena was pretty weak during the rest of Hogan's stint.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Corday interfered with JER but JER still manged to write wonderful romantic stories.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply