Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Raya Meddine Let Go; plays Sabrina Costelana Newman
Topic Started: Jul 18 2008, 10:06 AM (671 Views)
oakdalelover

***possible spoilers included****

Soap Central Link

Soap Central is reporting that Victor Newman's new wife Sabrina is out.

Quote:

Though an official reason may never be known, soapcentral.com has learned that newcomer Raya Meddine (Sabrina Costelana) has been let go from The Young and the Restless. The former host of a reality television show joined Y&R in February. Her character has been met with mixed emotions by viewers.

In a shocking un-casting decision, The Young and the Restless has announced that Raya Meddine (Sabrina Costelana) has been let go. The actress joined the show just six months ago.

What is your reaction to the ouster of Raya Meddine (Sabrina) from Y&R?
The story: Raya Meddine ousted as Y&R's Sabrina

I'm shocked. I liked Raya's work and wanted to see more of her on Y&R.
I'm disappointed, but not surprised since fans didn't seem to like Sabrina.
I'm glad. Sabrina was not a favorite of mine and I'm glad to see her exit.
Sabrina served her purpose. She shook things up, but now its time to go.
I have no opinion of the impending exit of Meddine at this time.
Other

Behind the scenes sources suspect the decision to axe Meddine is an impulsive overreaction to declining ratings, and fan displeasure with the unpopular coupling of Sabrina and Victor Newman. On a less nefarious note, however, The Young and the Restless recently shuffled its writing staff and new writers traditionally do weed out characters brought in by other writing regime. Whatever the reason, Meddine's co-workers are baffled by the sudden about-face in storytelling.

"We were all a little blindsided," a show insider tells soapcentral.com. "No one tells the same story about why they decided to get rid of Raya."

The original casting call for the role of Sabrina was riddled with mystery. In its description of the character, Y&R called Sabrina "a friend of Victoria, whom she met when she lived in Italy" and expressed a desire to have a "sophisticated and classy" actress in the role.

In February 2008, several weeks after the casting call went out, CBS confirmed that Meddine, the former host of a Lebanese reality show, had been cast as Sabrina.

Y&R's new head writing team of Maria Arena Bell and Hogan Sheffer are keeping the specifics of Sabrina's exit under wraps, but spoilers indicate that one or two characters may be sacrificed in the coming weeks in order to provide momentum to carry storylines through the summer and into the fall.

Sabrina's dramatic end will be connected to the previously reported exit of Vincent Irizarry (David Chow), but the two exits will not happen at the same time.

This will be a big one," a show source, who asked for anonymity, says. "We're going to feel the effects of this for a pretty long time."

Meddine has already taped her final scenes. The show, which has yet to confirm the actress' ouster, has not released a final airdate. Meddine is, however, expected to last air in early August.

Edited by oakdalelover, Jul 18 2008, 10:17 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

oakdalelover
Jul 18 2008, 10:06 AM

Soap Central Link

Quote:

Though an official reason may never be known, soapcentral.com has learned that newcomer Raya Meddine (Sabrina Costelana) has been let go from The Young and the Restless. The former host of a reality television show joined Y&R in February. Her character has been met with mixed emotions by viewers.

In a shocking un-casting decision, The Young and the Restless has announced that Raya Meddine (Sabrina Costelana) has been let go. The actress joined the show just six months ago.

Other

Behind the scenes sources suspect the decision to axe Meddine is an impulsive overreaction to declining ratings, and fan displeasure with the unpopular coupling of Sabrina and Victor Newman. On a less nefarious note, however, The Young and the Restless recently shuffled its writing staff and new writers traditionally do weed out characters brought in by other writing regime. Whatever the reason, Meddine's co-workers are baffled by the sudden about-face in storytelling.

"We were all a little blindsided," a show insider tells soapcentral.com. "No one tells the same story about why they decided to get rid of Raya."

The original casting call for the role of Sabrina was riddled with mystery. In its description of the character, Y&R called Sabrina "a friend of Victoria, whom she met when she lived in Italy" and expressed a desire to have a "sophisticated and classy" actress in the role.

In February 2008, several weeks after the casting call went out, CBS confirmed that Meddine, the former host of a Lebanese reality show, had been cast as Sabrina.

Y&R's new head writing team of Maria Arena Bell and Hogan Sheffer are keeping the specifics of Sabrina's exit under wraps, but spoilers indicate that one or two characters may be sacrificed in the coming weeks in order to provide momentum to carry storylines through the summer and into the fall.

Sabrina's dramatic end will be connected to the previously reported exit of Vincent Irizarry (David Chow), but the two exits will not happen at the same time.

This will be a big one," a show source, who asked for anonymity, says. "We're going to feel the effects of this for a pretty long time."

Meddine has already taped her final scenes. The show, which has yet to confirm the actress' ouster, has not released a final airdate. Meddine is, however, expected to last air in early August.

Makes you wonder if she was the West Coast Actress that was creating waves?

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

^ Coulda been

Mason

Thank God. From what little I've seen of the show, Sabrina's my least favorite character.

AmyJo

oakdalelover
Jul 18 2008, 10:06 AM

Soap Central Link

Quote:

Other

Thank God, because I CANNOT STAND the character of Sabrina! Plus, I think the actress who plays her is a lousy actress. If I have to see her flaring nostrils one more time....! :frustration: For that matter, I can't stand the pompous jack-ass who is her husband either. He treats his kids like shit and now he has cut them out of his will without even knowing all the facts. What a loser! Make that TWO losers! Can she take Victor with her?! LOL!

evilsnugglybunny

I am so releived...Sabrina has annoyed me from day 1 LOL

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Au revoir, mon cher.

It is about four months late but I will be glad to see the end of the odious Sabriina. Ugh. She and Victor are the most obnoxious pair to hit GC in a long time.

And just for my opinion, I do not believe the child she is carrying is Victor's.

This week the Gala should be very explosive!

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Very happy. Sabrina's a complete bore and has no chemistry with Victor.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I'm so glad she's gone, the character and the actress were both totally lackluster. Sabrina was unneccesary IMO.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I actually started to like her. Oh well. Onto the Victor/Nikki reunion.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I'm new to Y&R - I enjoyed Sabrina. Too bad she died. I find the show to be boring so I ditched it.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Q Steph
Aug 3 2008, 09:43 PM
I actually started to like her. Oh well. Onto the Victor/Nikki reunion.
*coming out of hiding*

....I too came to like Sabrina....however, I am not looking forward to Victori and Nikki, take 99. I think Nikki got the shortend of the stick with boring ol David Chow. I would actually like to see her hook-up with Paul again.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply