Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT TVGC; Lots to talk about this week!
Topic Started: Jul 18 2008, 11:32 AM (1,718 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Suds+Report+July+18+2008/Soaps/Suds/Articles/080718_news_nelson.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

Prepare for the OLTL backlash! I for one don't think it is the greatest thing of all time like everyone else wants to make it out to be. Its just more consistent then every other show right now but that isn't saying much.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I stand by 2007's OLTL, Ron has never topped that after the writers' strike, and now this campy, crazy mess... yikes! More on Monday.

kserox10

Is YaYa Dacosta really leaving AMC? I really hope not because she has ALOT of potential to do well.

Hmmm...Another tornado in Pine Valley. 2 victims. I hope its Annie and Ryan. Also another star fired...Hmmm?

Thanks Nelson, you are the best.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Somewhat off-topic, but Ron Carlivati is a dreamy little stud! Yum!
Quote Post Goto Top

~bl~
Member Avatar

On GL, Ava giving Olivia her heart was the first plan, but then RPG left...

Will be interesting to read the OLTL stuff on Monday and the potential fall out as well.

jcar03
Member Avatar

doubtful that AMC will ever kill off Ryan unless Cameron Mathison chose to leave and he doesn't seem to be.

Annie seems to be written into a corner and it will be hard to get her back so I wouldn't be surprised if Egan is let go with the head writer changes.

Mason
Member Avatar

OLTL may not be perfect, but it's far and away the best soap on air, right now. And yes, better than Y&R, even.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

hehehehe Drake's hair really does look electrofied.

Deleted User
Deleted User

"And as an aside: does Drake Hogestyn (John) stick his fingers in a light socket before heading on set?"

LOL> I honestly think it's the show's doing. It's been a trait of Jawn's. It shows that he's edgier and more unpredictable than John. It's crazy but I think it works.
Quote Post Goto Top

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I am truly looking forward to what Charles Pratt, Jr. has planned for AMC. I hope YaYa isn't leaving because I really like her. I pray that one of the causalities isn't my love Colin Egglesfield. What's up with the AMC looking different in 2009? What does that mean? As usual THANKS Nelson.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Interesting that Rauch's consulting contract ended before it was repoted by Logan.

Word is Bloom and even the Bell's are itching to fire Griffith. I don't think he'll be there by the fall.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Jul 18 2008, 04:59 PM.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Ehlers talked in an article about how AMC was going to switch over to what GL was doing with remotes or something like that and that she hoped that they would handle it better.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Glad to hear about Blake's new role. Hopefully this will raise his profile and force Days to use him more.

Mason
Member Avatar

~bl~
Jul 18 2008, 05:23 PM
Ehlers talked in an article about how AMC was going to switch over to what GL was doing with remotes or something like that and that she hoped that they would handle it better.
I don't watch AMC, but UGH. Before long, I can just see ALL soaps following GL's lead and switching over to that amateur video shit. As if soaps weren't in bad enough shape already.

Jonatha

Dragonish1
Jul 18 2008, 12:38 PM
Drake's hair is darker as well. What I think I noticed about Drake is after he became Stefano's brother, he started wearing contacts to make his eyes look brown. More Italian looking, perhaps? Now recently he's back to his blue eyes. Could 'old John" be far behind?

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Jul 18 2008, 05:39 PM
Dragonish1
Drake's hair is darker as well. What I think I noticed about Drake is after he became Stefano's brother, he started wearing contacts to make his eyes look brown. More Italian looking, perhaps? Now recently he's back to his blue eyes. Could 'old John" be far behind?
I have a feeling Jawn will regain his old memories around the time of Steffy's return. I do not think Old John will return however, I think we will see a melting of the past two extremes.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I sure hope Yaya DaCosta isn't leaving as Cassandra on AMC. I'm really liking her. I do hope Melissa Claire Egan(Annie) is axed. As far as the star axed? Hmm. Maybe Amanda Baker(Babe), Chrishelle Stause(Amanda) or Aidan Turner(Aidan)? Maybe Babe being re-cast finally with a better re-cast. I definitely think AMC shouldn't do another tornado, they did that a few years back.

ONE LIFE is the best soap on right now by far. It's supposed to be a little repetitive right now in honor of its anniversay. Haven't you seen all the articles about the 40th anniversary.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drakelicious

I noticed that the sets are better lite, so this could explain why Drake's eyes are blue again too, since they always had Jawn in such DARK sets before he moved into the DiMera mansion. I find that Jawn is starting to add more colors to his wardrobe too so maybe he is starting to get more comfortable with who he is since he is even wearing blue now. I'm glad that Drake's natural blue eyes are BACK!

LOL Nelson, I love his spiky hair, it works for the character Drake is playing now. I pray NEW Jawn is here to stay, I wish Jawn and Ava as a couple were. *sniffle*
Edited by Drakelicious, Jul 19 2008, 10:00 AM.

hops
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Jul 18 2008, 07:45 PM
Jonatha
Jul 18 2008, 05:39 PM
Dragonish1
I have a feeling Jawn will regain his old memories around the time of Steffy's return. I do not think Old John will return however, I think we will see a melting of the past two extremes.
I wouldn't mind seeing that, but I what I want more then that, is a well written story. I want a good John/Marlena/Stefano show down and I want that romance back. I want something with emotion, something that makes me want to tune in everyday. I want some good coherent scenes and dialog. I want to see them explore what John and Marlena have in common (which they have been ignoring). Marlena knows better then anyone what John is going through and where he has come from. Stop pretending she doesn't. What happened to the Marlena of Nov - Feb?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply