Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Scoop from the NBC Preview Party; Stefano's back, and guess who else?
Topic Started: Jul 21 2008, 09:36 AM (7,461 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

daysfan
Jul 21 2008, 10:18 AM
.....SAMANTHA'S BACK!???????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE BRINGING BACK MY SAM?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW!?????????????????????

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the FREAK out, but Sam was one of my FAVORITE CHARACTERS IN THE HISTORY OF DAYS!
LoL, you were the first person I thought about as soon as I read this!

Anyway, I'm unsure how I feel about this.

First, I don't trust Higley's writing at all. Second, this is coming completely out of left field. However, I'm intrigued to find out why exactly Samantha is coming back, and what her purpose will be in the storyline. I'm also interested in seeing just how long she'll be around. Is it for a few episodes, a full story arc... or maybe permanently? Either way, I'm really excited for Deidre's performance.

Color me cautiously optimistic for this. I'll definitely tune in for it.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

e83talus
Member Avatar

I am very excited for Deidre. I hate the way they have Marlena behaving because wishy washy is simply not her. I look forward to her being able to excercise her acting chops like so many Drake fans just love his version of NuJohn (I have grown to hate it).

Marlena does sinister well as in SSK and even when she injected Stefano earlier this year and snuck John out of the hospital. It was great! Maybe that is when I will return to Days as I have no intention of even thinking about watching until Ava leaves.

hops
Member Avatar

jules
Jul 21 2008, 10:08 AM
darraholic
Jul 21 2008, 10:03 AM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jul 21 2008, 09:59 AM
I don't trust Higley's writing at all,but this one surprised me,now we have 2 Samantha's,Sami will meet her namesake.From what I hear Marlena's twin was not the nicest of people,so Deidre maybe playing not so nice with that part,AWESOME,I LOVE it when Deidre plays naughty she is so ROCKIN with it.
I'm with you. Deidre will no doubt rock the storyline but I just don't trust Higley's writing.
ITA! Deidre was awesome in the SSK and I think she'll be great. But I have absolutely NO faith in Higley.
Me either. But it could be fun if Samantha went after nuJohn. Now that I could get into!

Jonatha

hops
Jul 21 2008, 10:36 AM
jules
darraholic
JohnandMarlenaFreak
I don't trust Higley's writing at all,but this one surprised me,now we have 2 Samantha's,Sami will meet her namesake.From what I hear Marlena's twin was not the nicest of people,so Deidre maybe playing not so nice with that part,AWESOME,I LOVE it when Deidre plays naughty she is so ROCKIN with it.
I'm with you. Deidre will no doubt rock the storyline but I just don't trust Higley's writing.
ITA! Deidre was awesome in the SSK and I think she'll be great. But I have absolutely NO faith in Higley.
Me either. But it could be fun if Samantha went after nuJohn. Now that I could get into!
This is just too delish! Love the idea of Sam with Jawn!

deefanUBS

jules
darraholic
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Yup, that's definitely going to be a big problem. Unless there is a change in the writing team, this sl will come with all the problems the current sl's have. But at least this will give Deidre something different to do and it will get us out of the current sl.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Since Stefano wakes up pissed at Marlena, I hope he kidnaps her and replaces her with Samantha.

Samantha taking over Marlena's life would be fabulous to watch. Plus, it'd be understandable for everyone if "Marlena" suddenly started acting peculiar, considering all that she's been through in the last year. I'm also all about that famous J&M yearning.

Marlena/Jawn/Samantha could be fun!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh, I definitely think Samantha will go after nuJohn. Bad-Sam is almost like the anti-Marlena, just as nuJohn is like the anti-John. I could see John going after Sam because of their similarity as well as because she reminds him of Marlena. Naturally, that would put Marlena in quite a quandry because she'd have an inner battle of being happy her twin is alive while also having to compete with her for John. If that's the way the story *does* go, color me shocked because it's so logically brilliant, that I'm surprised TPTB even thought of it (and that none of the fans have come up with the idea before).

hops
Member Avatar

deefanUBS
Jul 21 2008, 10:41 AM
Yup, that's definitely going to be a big problem. Unless there is a change in the writing team, this sl will come with all the problems the current sl's have. But at least this will give Deidre something different to do and it will get us out of the current sl.
Let's just say that I am excited, because I only have my fantasies of what could be right now, lol. I have no illusions. Maybe it was the new co-head writers idea? If it stays the way it has been with all the flip flopping etc. I won't be any happier, but since I haven't been disappointed yet with this one, I'll just be happy while it lasts.

hops
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 21 2008, 10:42 AM
Since Stefano wakes up pissed at Marlena, I hope he kidnaps her and replaces her with Samantha.

Samantha taking over Marlena's life would be fabulous to watch. Plus, it'd be understandable for everyone if "Marlena" suddenly started acting peculiar, considering all that she's been through in the last year.

That would be totally awesome!!!

Ellie

You're welcome everyone for posting! Agree, can't wait to watch Deidre play this.

Kenny

Samantha taking over Marlena's life would be fabulous to watch. Plus, it'd be understandable for everyone if "Marlena" suddenly started acting peculiar, considering all that she's been through in the last year.

Yep! And there are so many good ideas in this thread. Which means Higley probably won't use any of them, lol.

Jonatha

Ellie
Jul 21 2008, 10:48 AM
You're welcome everyone for posting! Agree, can't wait to watch Deidre play this.

Kenny

Agree Kenny - and there are so many good ideas in this thread. Which means Higley probably won't use any of them, lol.
I'm not going to focus on the writing for now. It just makes complete sense to me. Drake is playing two roles, so why not Dee as well? Jawn could fall for Sam, plus with Stefano in the mix who knows what could happen? It also, finally, takes the spotlight off of Ejamicus letting Ali Sweeney take a much deserved backseat to Dee and Drake. All in all, amazing.

Ellie

Jonatha
Jul 21 2008, 10:51 AM
I'm not going to focus on the writing for now. It just makes complete sense to me. Drake is playing two roles, so why not Dee as well? Jawn could fall for Sam, plus with Stefano in the mix who knows what could happen? It also, finally, takes the spotlight off of Ejamicus letting Ali Sweeney take a much deserved backseat to Dee and Drake. All in all, amazing.
Totally agree! But the reason I was focusing on the writing is that so many of Higley's stories have started this way. Great ideas that just go nowhere. So maybe I'll take your idea and not think about the writing now, lol. :smile:

deefanUBS

hops
Jul 21 2008, 10:46 AM
deefanUBS
Jul 21 2008, 10:41 AM
Let's just say that I am excited, because I only have my fantasies of what could be right now, lol. I have no illusions. Maybe it was the new co-head writers idea? If it stays the way it has been with all the flip flopping etc. I won't be any happier, but since I haven't been disappointed yet with this one, I'll just be happy while it lasts.
LOL! That's true hops. I also think that even with the writing issues, this is a sl I will find much more enjoyable than the current one. It will certainly be different and I am not sure where this will leave Marlena, but I am eager for it to begin so I can tune in and find out. ;)

Jonatha

Ellie
Jul 21 2008, 10:59 AM
Jonatha
Jul 21 2008, 10:51 AM
Right! But the reason I was focusing on the writing is that so many of Higley's stories have started this way. Great ideas that just go nowhere. So maybe I'll take your idea and not think about the writing now, lol. :smile:
Yes, let's all not go negative for a while. Let's just be happy this is going to happen. Thanks for the news, Ellie.

Jonatha

I was just wondering, is there anyone who is as old as me and actually remembers Sam? :biggrin:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie, I really want to thank you for posting this here. Don't think that your contributions have gone unnoticed. :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks Ellie for posting this. But I honestly can't see this being true.
Quote Post Goto Top

leela46
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Jul 21 2008, 11:02 AM
I was just wondering, is there anyone who is as old as me and actually remembers Sam? :biggrin:
Sure, I remember her. The storyline where Sam took over Marlena's life during the time Marlena was with Don Craig was one of Days best storylines. I just wonder how they are going to explain Samantha being alive. They did an autopsy on her for heavens sake. Even in Salem I think that would be hard to live through.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Jonatha
Jul 21 2008, 11:02 AM
I *vaguely* remember Sam during her original run. However, I really wasn't watching (or paying attention) to Days very regularly until the end of her run when she essentially only made recurring appearances from time to time. My clearest memory is really of her death (well, "death" now. lol)

Kenny
Member Avatar

Amello
Jul 21 2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks Ellie for posting this. But I honestly can't see this being true.
LoL, it came right from the NBC website.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply