Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Scoop from the NBC Preview Party; Stefano's back, and guess who else?
Topic Started: Jul 21 2008, 09:36 AM (7,386 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

leela46
Jul 21 2008, 11:08 AM
Jonatha
Jul 21 2008, 11:02 AM
I was just wondering, is there anyone who is as old as me and actually remembers Sam? :biggrin:
Sure, I remember her. The storyline where Sam took over Marlena's life during the time Marlena was with Don Craig was one of Days best storylines. I just wonder how they are going to explain Samantha being alive. They did an autopsy on her for heavens sake. Even in Salem I think that would be hard to live through.
Please. This is Salem. Jack had his organs donated. lol An autopsy is nothing! If Stefano is behind it all (which he always seems to be, for some reason), he could simply have paid someone off to fake the results.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Kenny
Jul 21 2008, 11:05 AM
Ellie, I really want to thank you for posting this here. Don't think that your contributions have gone unnoticed. :)
You're very welcome! :smile: (and thanks!)

sitrian
Member Avatar

Sam was before my time. I'm not really pro another back from the dead storyline... but Sam gaslighting Marlena could be kind of fun. I guess it depends on the writing. Right now Marlena isn't a character I like but I do recall a time when she was. Maybe Sam will have more spunk.

Jonatha

leela46
Jul 21 2008, 11:08 AM
Jonatha
I was just wondering, is there anyone who is as old as me and actually remembers Sam? :biggrin:
Sure, I remember her. The storyline where Sam took over Marlena's life during the time Marlena was with Don Craig was one of Days best storylines. I just wonder how they are going to explain Samantha being alive. They did an autopsy on her for heavens sake. Even in Salem I think that would be hard to live through.
Wow, who cares at this point? Especially when stillborn Swamp Baby 'Georgia,' aka, Chelsea has come back from the dead, killed off Bope's baby boy, and all the rest of the utter shit tiic have shoved down we viewer's throats with her character. Bring on Sam!!! :cheer:

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

What did I do to deserve this? I-I don't understand....I mean, I'm a good person, I'm nice, friendly, I actually went to church this past Easter, I saved a teeny-tiny little baby beetle that was drowning in my pool this morning, and THIS is the thanks I get back from life?

Fuck you life, fuck you.

Ellie

Amello
Jul 21 2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks Ellie for posting this. But I honestly can't see this being true.
As Kenny said, it's from the NBC website, but also this was a 'fall preview' party, so I'm sure the stars were instructed that they could give out some fall scoop. (Also the reporter spelled Ava wrong, which likely means he doesn't watch Days, which means he wouldn't have added anything in.)

Kenny
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Jul 21 2008, 11:13 AM
What did I do to deserve this? I-I don't understand....I mean, I'm a good person, I'm nice, friendly, I actually went to church this past Easter, I saved a teeny-tiny little baby beetle that was drowning in my pool this morning, and THIS is the thanks I get back from life?

Fuck you life, fuck you.

LMFAO! I love you.

Jonatha

sitrian
Jul 21 2008, 11:11 AM
Sam was before my time. I'm not really pro another back from the dead storyline... but Sam gaslighting Marlena could be kind of fun. I guess it depends on the writing. Right now Marlena isn't a character I like but I do recall a time when she was. Maybe Sam will have more spunk.
Oh, she will shake things up in a big way. Trust me, I remember her.

Ellie

Jonatha
lol I only 'remember' her from catching up on those years later, sorry.

But for anyone who's curious, here is a video!

Marlena meets Hattie and has flashbacks to Samantha:

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 21 2008, 11:14 AM
fenderbabe
Jul 21 2008, 11:13 AM

Fuck you life, fuck you.

LMFAO! I love you.
Aww, I love you too Kenny. I wish I could be playful right now, but under the current circumstances, I'm thinking that beetel was onto something...

Hergie23
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 21 2008, 10:42 AM
Since Stefano wakes up pissed at Marlena, I hope he kidnaps her and replaces her with Samantha.

Samantha taking over Marlena's life would be fabulous to watch. Plus, it'd be understandable for everyone if "Marlena" suddenly started acting peculiar, considering all that she's been through in the last year. I'm also all about that famous J&M yearning.

Marlena/Jawn/Samantha could be fun!
I flove this idea! OMG, I am so excited! I cannot wait to see this! Please, please, please, Higley, do it right! Go Dee!

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Just how bad was Samantha,worse than anything the other Samantha has ever done?No recollection,I wasn't born yet the last time she was seen.

Jonatha

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jul 21 2008, 11:30 AM
Just how bad was Samantha,worse than anything the other Samantha has ever done?No recollection,I wasn't born yet the last time she was seen.
My memory doesn't serve me very well about specifics. Samantha was jealous of Marlena. She drugged Marlena and put her in a nut house and took over Marlena's identity, IIRC. I'm sure someone will post more info.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Wow! I have to give it to the writers because they've finally shocked me with something they have planned to write. Will it be a success? I don't know. Dena Higley is still head writer, and while I think that Rick Draughton was brought on as her Co-HW to eventually replace her, if that's not the case, then I don't think this will end well. Dena just can't pen good stories. She doesn't have the right writing team because her team sucks at breaking down her outlines, obviously no one knows what good pacing is.

But this is quite the surprise. And it's obvious that Samantha is going to come on and eventually replace Marlena, probably after Stefano kidnaps Marlena or something. Becuase if that wasn't the case, why not just bring on Andrea back into the role. Andrea and Deidre no longer look that much alike like they used to, so they wouldn't be able to have Andrea playing Samantha, pretending to be Marlena.

I don't know if I'm okay with the writers makking Marlena Stefano's victim again, not after how empowering she was over him last fall.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...there are no words.

Days may take flak critically from this and I'm not in love with bringing another dead person back BUT this could work. First off, we never actually saw her die and it's not like she ever came back as a ghost. She came to Marlena in the pit but that more or less could've been driven by Marlena's desperation at the time.

As others have pointed out, this has potential and the fact that they are going back this far and the randomness of it tells me it's something they actually have a plan for or that they may have collaborated with Dee on or something. It's just so far out of left field, as others mentioned. Also, it allows Dee good material and allows her to tap into the same type of acting she did in Fall of last year after John's death and during the SSK story. She can now play something dark and fiery and have some fun with it too. This is exciting. I'm shocked they let her say this though. That is the problem with Days. She should've just hinted at something big and life changing coming. This would've been one hell of a shock if they kept it hidden until it happens. I'm still very excited for it. I knew they were holding back on Dee's appearances the past few months for the Fall. They didn't want her to go far over her guarantee, just like other vets. Whatever the case, this is definitely exciting and should get people to take notice.

daysfan
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jul 21 2008, 11:30 AM
Sam wasn't like, Kristen Blake or anything, but she was bad, and certainly nuts. As Jonatha said, she drugged Marlena, locked her up in a mental facility(made everyone think Marlena was Sam and vice versa), and then impersonated her to everyone. I think once the storyline ended she was taken to a mental home, but came back a year later sane(and even flirted with Chris Kostichek if I remember right), and a few laters was killed by Chris's brother Jake.

But, she could easily be brought back as crazy and evil.

Days4Life

Jonatha
I remember Sam. How long has it been--20 years? I've been watching this show most of my life so it's hard to keep track of what happened when. Sometimes I can remember by relating it to what was going on in my life at the time, and it seems like I was in my early 20s when this storyline was going on.

I have very mixed feelings about this plan to bring back Sam. Do I believe Deidre Hall can do a great job with it? Yes. Do I have faith Dena Higley can do a great job with it? No. I'm also tired of seeing dead people walking around Salem. However, the thought of this is intriguing and opens up a lot of possibilities. As long as it's not another Marlena kidnapping and Sam taking her place, it could be very good. Marlena has been kidnapped enough, and Sam is too bad to pretend to be good. If we're going to get Sam back again, then I want her to be Sam and not masquerading as Marlena.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Jul 21 2008, 11:45 AM
Jonatha
I remember Sam. How long has it been--20 years? I've been watching this show most of my life so it's hard to keep track of what happened when. Sometimes I can remember by relating it to what was going on in my life at the time, and it seems like I was in my early 20s when this storyline was going on.

I have very mixed feelings about this plan to bring back Sam. Do I believe Deidre Hall can do a great job with it? Yes. Do I have faith Dena Higley can do a great job with it? No. I'm also tired of seeing dead people walking around Salem. However, the thought of this is intriguing and opens up a lot of possibilities. As long as it's not another Marlena kidnapping and Sam taking her place, it could be very good. Marlena has been kidnapped enough, and Sam is too bad to pretend to be good. If we're going to get Sam back again, then I want her to be Sam and not masquerading as Marlena.
It was a little over thirty years ago since the kidnapping plot, but she was killed about like 26 years ago...its been so long, a big reason why this is sooo SHOCKING!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Did Samantha and Stefano ever even associate with each other? They're going to obviously make Samantha's death just another DiMera trick, but would it even follow the history? Didn't Jake already kill Samantha before the DiMeras even came to Salem?

daysfan
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 21 2008, 11:48 AM
Did Samantha and Stefano ever even associate with each other? They're going to obviously make Samantha's death just another DiMera trick, but would it even follow the history? Didn't Jake already kill Samantha before the DiMeras even came to Salem?
No, I don't think they ever did, and I don't really think the DiMeras were on the show(if they were, I don't think they were as big of a focus as they were over the next couple of decades).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply