Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Scoop from the NBC Preview Party; Stefano's back, and guess who else?
Topic Started: Jul 21 2008, 09:36 AM (7,578 Views)
Jonatha

Amello
Jul 21 2008, 12:06 PM
Okay guys I knew this was too good to be true. Samantha is NOT coming back. In Sara Bibel's latest blog entry she reveals what truly will happen.

Here's the link: Sara Bibel Blog

There a couple more spoilers as well.

Okay, maybe someday we can get this played out considering the buzz going around about it. Thanks for posting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Jonatha
Jul 21 2008, 12:13 PM
Amello
Okay guys I knew this was too good to be true. Samantha is NOT coming back. In Sara Bibel's latest blog entry she reveals what truly will happen.

Okay, maybe someday we can get this played out considering the buzz going around about it. Thanks for posting.

LOL exactly. Hope Higley got some good ideas from this! Once again, the viewers write the show better than she does. :tounge:

daysfan
Member Avatar

Oh yes, as much as I know some(heck, alot, maybe) might hate this, there's always hope. And this is Days, LOL. :P

But again, seeing her in any capacity is a good thing, and I give the writers credit for remembering Sam at all.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That IMO is much better. I don't want another back from the dead story, at least not yet. This sounds good though. It kind of fits with how Sam appeared to Marlena in the pit. It's a nice nod to history (which Higley does know and use but she doesn't always use it properly) and I wonder how it will impact things.

Can't wait to see this. I love Stefano's revenge for Marlena too.

I recall my grandmother telling me about the whole picketing thing when everyone believed Marlena was dead. She actually had the episodes on tape and showed them to me. I'm not too sure if it was planned or not. My initial thought was it was and they changed it but now I think they were prepared to go either way and left it vague on purpose so they would have and out if people got too angry.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 21 2008, 12:28 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Truly, they need to bring back Hattie and have Stefano switch her with Marlena. It would be interesting to see if John knows Marlena well enough to tell the difference between the two women, and if so, would he go save her from Stefano's clutches? Could make for an interesting story, and if a better writer were behind it, they could perhaps involve the nearly-forgotten Marlena clones that Stefano sent around the world.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Did anyone else read the rest of the spoilers on the page?

John will be having hallucinations too and will imagine a ten year old Stefano, his father, and will come face to face with the Old John. That sounds AMAZING. I bet Stefano's revenge is that he drugs Marlena and those who left him behind and took advantage of his absence. I bet he targets Tony, Lexie, and EJ too for leaving him in the hospital. I can't wait for all this.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Okay, Marlena imagining Samantha sounds far better to me than bringing the character back from the dead. I've about had it with that very worn out plot device.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This sounds great, looking forward to Stefano getting revenge on Marlena..

Deleted User
Deleted User

Now it makes sense that they'd use Dee and not Andrea if it's only a one-day gig. Remember, Andrea played Hattie for 10 months in 2000-2001.
Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

wow....Another rises from the dead...Samantha huh....I am excited about Steffy's return. Salem needs to quit burying everyone in that ancient cursed Indian burial ground. Salem...Home of the Walking dead.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dragonish1
Jul 21 2008, 12:37 PM
wow....Another rises from the dead...Samantha huh....I am excited about Steffy's return. Salem needs to quit burying everyone in that ancient cursed Indian burial ground. Salem...Home of the Walking dead.
She's not rising from the dead...at least not yet LOL. Check out the last page of posts or so that focus on the Sara Bibel stuff.

Marlena just imagines her. It's a one-two episode thing it seems.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Jul 21 2008, 12:09 PM
daysfan
Jul 21 2008, 12:05 PM
I think Sam's death was a last minute change, too? Originally, that WAS supposed to be Marlena, but fan's were so enraged it ended up being switched to Sam.
That's how it felt back then. At that point Marlena hadn't done much storywise. She had been brought in to be the hospital shrink during another murder mystery when Mickey Horton was a suspect for killing blonde haired women. I don't remember what became of that. But back then there were not fanbases as we know them now. So the idiots in charge got a taste of fan outrage and how much we loved Marlena when they 'killed' her off.
I am be wrong because well I wasn't born when that happened but I remember reading somewhere that "Marlena" died on a Friday and the fans stormed the the studio right after it aired but on Monday it was revealed to be Samantha. Which means there was no time to back track it was how it was filmed it was meant to get people pissed off and talking.

hops
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 21 2008, 12:44 PM
Dragonish1
Jul 21 2008, 12:37 PM
She's not rising from the dead...at least not yet LOL. Check out the last page of posts or so that focus on the Sara Bibel stuff.

Marlena just imagines her. It's a one-two episode thing it seems.
So it was too good to be true, lol. It was fun while it lasted. Back to Higley reality.
Edited by hops, Jul 21 2008, 12:59 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Interesting. Thanks for posting!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Amello

I'm back to full on reality, lol. It will never change. It will continue to be 2 day 'events'.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hops
Jul 21 2008, 01:03 PM
Jonatha
Amello

I'm back to full on reality, lol. It will never change. It will continue to be 2 day 'events'.
How is it a two day event?

Stefano exacts revenge and drugs her and she imagines her sister. Sounds pretty logical to me and it's just like when Marlena was in the pit.

It's a nice nod to history.

Jcar, that is why I initially thought it was planned. However, it may also be possible they shot two different results and left it vague as to who died, prepared to go either way. I've thought about it alot over the years and more and more I'm becoming convinced that they went ahead and were prepared to go in either direction.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm going to give my thoughts of each section.

Quote:

Steve and Kayla Finally Talk About His Almost-Sex With Ava
For months, fans have been clamoring for Steve (Stephen Nichols) and Kayla (Mary Beth Evans) to have a conversation about his nearly cheating on her with Ava (Tamara Braun). The show listened. Says Evans, ”[Monday] we finally have our big ‘come to it’ meeting. We have a chance to say what’s going on and in our hearts. It needed to be done.” According to Nichols, “It wasn’t planned. We went to the producers and asked them to speak to the writers. “ Evans elaborated. “For a married couple that’s been together as long as we have and has our kind of love, this would not go unaddressed. In the beginning it was dealt with so lightly anyway. That’s a pretty devastating thing. Hopefully, the scenes will air and everyone will like them.” Nichols feels, “There’s a tendency in soap operas when they write a story to go from Point A to Point B and then it’s over. But they don’t deal with the residual effects on the characters. “

That's pretty sad that Stephen and Mary Beth had to go to the producers and ask them to speak to the writers about writing these scenes. That's how you can tell that Dena Higley and her team don't care about the characters' growth. They go from plot to plot to plot. Nothing changes for the characters. She's a hack and so is her team.

Quote:

Drake Hogestyn On John Black version 6.72
Drake Hogestyn (John Black) is enjoying snarky amnesiac John as much as the fans are. “Playing him takes a lot of homework. The new John comes from an emotionally void place. He’s got twelve different characteristics that I base the character on. It’s nice to play someone who is emotionally void and can therefore say anything he wants. He has different diction, different mannerisms. The good thing about that is I have scenes coming up where the new John interacts with the old John. There is such a differentiation between the two. I’ve been working hard on it. I’m embracing it. There’s going to be a vehicle that will cause him to do a little bit of hallucinating. He will see Stefano as a ten year-old boy. He will see his father. When those two people can’t convince him of the error of his ways, he will turn around and run into his old self. He will have a battle of light and dark, good and evil. It will be very interesting. Right now the new John does not want to be compared to the old John. If Blondie [Marlena] can ever see him for who he is now, there’s a chance they can move forward. If not, they won’t. I want to stay New John. Just like all the other characters I’ve played in the course of 23 years, I go through a metamorphosis – the Pawn to John Black to Roman to Forrest Alamain. This one has more distinguishable features. He has a long way to climb to build his own emotional levels. He’s going to make mistakes. He’s only eight months old. I play it like a coal miner trapped in the ground. People are banging on pipes trying to hear if there’s a response. All of a sudden they think they hear something, but they don’t know for sure. That’s how this guy is. “

This is actually interesting. I'm glad we're going to see John fighting with his old self. And it's going to be interesting to see Santo again, and a young Stefano. It doesn't surprise me that Drake likes new John more than the old John. You can tell. He has come to life so much in his acting since this story started. Before, it looked like he was starting to phone in his lines. And thats never a good thing.

Quote:

Deidre Hall Tackles A Double Role
Marlena (Deidre Hall) will be in trouble when Stefano decides to pay her back for putting him into a drug induced coma. (Wow, that’s the soapiest sentence ever!) According to Hall, “Stefano comes back and he’s pissed! He comes right after her. He’s going to do to her what she did to him. But in the midst of it, in her drugged state she sees her sister, Samantha. I’m going to play both parts. [Previously the role was played by Hall’s real life sister, Andrea.] I shoot it on Wednesday. We pulled some old tapes and I’m working with a coach.” Hall enjoys the Marlena’s interactions with the new John. “Drake is so funny as the character. I watch him in rehearsal and I can’t stop laughing.”

Aww, well that's a bit of a let down. I was actually starting to love the idea of something new and exciting like Samantha Evans returning from the dead. Oh well. I hope that we don't have to watch Marlena be in a coma for 7 months like Stefano was. I'm over that.

Quote:

Alison Sweeney Juggles Two Full Time Jobs And A Pregnancy
Alison Sweeney’s character (Sami Brady) found out both of the men in her life cheated on her. According to Sweeney, Sami will survive the humiliation. “She’s down for the count. She had two men. Now she has zero. Sami can be knocked down, but she’s never out.” Sweeney also hosts NBC’s hit reality show The Biggest Loser. “It’s busy. But I love both shows. They both mean so much to me. I’m very lucky to be part of them.” In addition to her two jobs, Sweeney is also expecting her second child. “[Finding the energy] is not easy. I just take it one day at a time and take cat naps when I can.”

I wish we would've gotten some insight on whether they're going to make Sami pregnant.

Quote:

James Reynolds and Renee Jones Feel A Responsibility
Abe (James Reynolds) and Lexie (Renee Jones) have a very timely storyline. Their son, Theo, was recently diagnosed with autism. Both actors feel a responsibility to make the story as accurate as possible. Said Jones, ‘We’re working with Cure Autism Now to make sure the storyline is legit.” Reynolds says that Theo’s autism will affect Abe and Lexie’s marriage. “It will impact us the way it impacts people who are actually going through this. We’re holding a mirror up for a lot of people. “

Gee, I wish Dena Higley and the rest of the writers felt the same responsibility that Reynolds and Jones feel.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The Steve and Kayla thing is not something surprising. It's been known for months that SN and MBE were pissed and fighting like hell to get something done in regards to the Ava thing. This ones is 100% on Higley and her team. Even if the show changed gears and things were transitioning from the strike, you still have to acknowledge something as big as Steve sleeping with Ava and the fallout from that whole situation. Plus, it took two months to get a mention of all this?! Give me a break. I did see the scenes today and it came off well but still. It took far too long. Dumb.

The autism stuff is a waste and it's a shame because it could've been much more. Yes, it's given us some nice scenes here and there but still. It's clear this was forced on Dena. Bad writer or not, no one who has personally been affected by something like this would write a story as half-assed as this. There woukd at least be some focus.

The J&M/Stefano stuff sounds promising and I do think the other stuff the show has going on minus Stax (which may be good once Trent gets more involved again) is solid.

You can really tell Drake is enjoying this. He's putting so much work into it and seems excited again. Can't blame him. It's challenging and it allows him to take certain liberties and chances. I hope this John sticks around as well.

hops
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 21 2008, 01:13 PM
hops
Jul 21 2008, 01:03 PM
Jonatha
Amello

How is it a two day event?

Stefano exacts revenge and drugs her and she imagines her sister. Sounds pretty logical to me and it's just like when Marlena was in the pit.

It's a nice nod to history.

Jcar, that is why I initially thought it was planned. However, it may also be possible they shot two different results and left it vague as to who died, prepared to go either way. I've thought about it alot over the years and more and more I'm becoming convinced that they went ahead and were prepared to go in either direction.
It's just Higley 101. I mean that she writes these little happenings and they never last more then a day or two and they are never fleshed out. You have to go no further then what Steve and Marybeth just came out and said about their storyline. I don't think it is exclusive to them. Since I am now back to reality, lol, I will expect nothing more then what I have gotten so far.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

It's pretty pathetic when actors have to go to writers to get something done,who catches their spouse about to cheat and doesn't talk about it ever,give me a break,Higley is a moron for that.

Now onto Drake's and Dee's interviews.

Drake can have whatever opinion he wants,I however cannot stand John right now,I want him to develop into feeling something or I am out forever,cannot be an emotionless pig forever.

Dee's interview,bit of a letdown,I was hoping Dee could pull a Thao and play 2 parts for awhile,not for just a dream,oh well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply