Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Scoop from the NBC Preview Party; Stefano's back, and guess who else?
Topic Started: Jul 21 2008, 09:36 AM (7,365 Views)
Shylock

What a way to ruin the potential storyline of NuJohn and Stefano. Why do they have to overcomplicate EVERYTHING? Now I'm not looking forward to it and for the first time ever, I'm actually thinking of avoiding the show if this stupid hallucination bullshit goes down. Him seeing Stefano as a 10 year old, his own father and his old self is incredibly stupid and sounds like something James Reilly would do. Having him, as NuJohn, delve deeper into his darkside and thus provide a more formidable opponent for Stefano is a better idea. Especially if his hatred for Stefano opens him up to Marlena's good influences and causes him to see that maybe there was some features of his old self that are good that he wasn't privy too.

But God damn. What they're doing is stupid. Higley needs to be axed and permanently blacklisted from daytime.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't see how it is similar to OLTL because that isn't so much about hallucinating.

I think if it goes the way I think it will, it will force certain characters to look at themselves and their actions. Perhaps Samantha will remind Marlena that sometimes love means sacrifice and maybe she will have to put aside her longing for the old John if she wants to have a future with John at all. That would make sense given the Marlena/Sam relationship. John will look inward and will be confronted with the demons he knows about (Stefano, Santo, his old self) and that continue to haunt him.

There is also the possibility that Lexie, Tony, and EJ will be targeted since they left Stefano behind. This has major potential to progress stories and start new ones IMO. We don't know if it will go like this but, on paper, it sounds like a good idea IMO.

angmc
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jul 21 2008, 09:44 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 21 2008, 12:30 PM
Did anyone else read the rest of the spoilers on the page?

John will be having hallucinations too and will imagine a ten year old Stefano, his father, and will come face to face with the Old John. That sounds AMAZING. I bet Stefano's revenge is that he drugs Marlena and those who left him behind and took advantage of his absence. I bet he targets Tony, Lexie, and EJ too for leaving him in the hospital. I can't wait for all this.
Doesn't this stuff sound vaguely reminiscent of the plans that OLTL had for their 40th anniversary? Hallucinating, going to heaven, meeting the past dead and all that stuff? Just too coincidental for me.
One of the first things I thought of when I read this spoiler was "I wonder Dena did this on OLTL"...Boy is she incredibly lame, since I was kind of kidding but I have no doubt that this was inspired by OLTL's 40th anniversary stuff. :shame:

Deleted User
Deleted User

DAYS is only gonna have Marlena hallucinate and see Samantha after Stefano drugs her. That's what I get from this story, from the following:

" According to Hall, ďStefano comes back and heís pissed! He comes right after her. Heís going to do to her what she did to him. But in the midst of it, in her drugged state she sees her sister, Samantha. Iím going to play both parts"
Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

Also, must I say that Higley's writing here seems way more fanfic-ish than any sort of competent drama. Reilly had this problem too. It's like nerds writing for Star Wars, Star Trek or Battlestar Gallactica.. but instead of Sci Fi being their medium of choice, it's daytime. They both add their stupid shit that shouldn't be on Daytime (witches, hallucinating robopeople) and they don't have the talent required to make it come off well in the context it's being played.

Drake talking about the storyline just makes me wonder if Higley was in a writer's meeting all "well get this lol we'll have nujohn see his brother and himself in the mirror or some hallucination and they won't be able to sway him from being bad but then he'll see his OLD self and they'll talk and lol this is gonna be great.. THIS will be his breakthrough!" And with everyone rolling their eyes, but not wanting to speak up for fear of getting fired.

With the way they're currently going, rather than the way I wish they had gone (different Ava casted, with John/Ava getting together longterm, Marlena versus Ava, and Stefano jumping in later on, leading to Marlena and John getting closer through the feud), in the current context the thing that should be John's awakening should be Stefano's hatred for Marlena and John's desire to keep her safe. That should be something of a bonding for him. She can't currently accept him the way he is, but he starts growing closer to her due in part to his feud with Stefano.

And bringing back Samantha is just stupid. Is it going to be a real-to-life Samantha's sister, or Marlena becoming Sybil or just more hallucination bullshit? It strikes me that Dena might have seen Heroes and thought that the whole Nikki/Jessica thing was such great, dramatic storytelling (it wasn't) that it needed to be brought onto Days.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Just when I think Dena can't slip Days any further into a downward spiral, she shoves Days further into a shithole. :drunk:

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Stefano has drugged Marlena so many times I am surprised she's not an addict or something,he put her in a drug induced sleep for 5 years,talk about repeating things over and over,ENOUGH already.

Mason

Didn't Higley put Nora in like a year long coma or something on OLTL?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 21 2008, 10:27 PM
Didn't Higley put Nora in like a year long coma or something on OLTL?
Only because they came to a stand-still re: Hillary's contract.
Quote Post Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

OK..I know the answer to this already, which is "it's a soap"...But isn't there a point if you are Marlena or even Stefano where you just...I don't know...KILL THE OTHER PERSON..And I don't mean shoot them and walk away or stick a needle in them..but do that plus set the person on fire or hack them up into little bits and feed them to your goddamn dog so nobody finds the evidence!! Come the fuck on...It's like playing kids games at this point..You inject me now I'm gonna inject you. How about..you inject me..I cut your goddamn head off!!! :frustration: :headbang:
OK..I had to get that off my chest. Dena :hater:

wkline
Member Avatar

Pearly_Moon
Jul 21 2008, 10:13 PM
Just when I think Dena can't slip Days any further into a downward spiral, she shoves Days further into a shithole. :drunk:
:lol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Deidre's fan club lady posted a message at SoapCity staying that we'll be seeing alot of Deidre on-screen starting the first week of August. She usually doesn't bullshit when she says things like that, either.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

angmc
Jul 21 2008, 10:55 PM
OK..I know the answer to this already, which is "it's a soap"...But isn't there a point if you are Marlena or even Stefano where you just...I don't know...KILL THE OTHER PERSON..
It's Salem. You kill them and they'll be back in a few years. You're better off giving them a one way ticket out of town. They'll likely not return.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 21 2008, 08:58 PM
^I doubt they will do that with Marlena. It's likely Stefano is going to put her through a greater hell.

It seems Stefano may be drugging all of his enemies. Marlena imagines Samantha and Drake says that John will also have hallucinations and who knows who else. This reminds me a bit of Sunset Beach's Terror Island where people were drugged and began hallucinating and seeing things. I like it. Stefano is mad as hell and I could see him doing something like this because he wants to put his enemies through the ringer.
I'm really looking forward to this. I want Stefano to take revenge on everyone except Lexie ;)

FanODays

Shylock
Jul 21 2008, 10:12 PM
Also, must I say that Higley's writing here seems way more fanfic-ish than any sort of competent drama. Reilly had this problem too. It's like nerds writing for Star Wars, Star Trek or Battlestar Gallactica.. but instead of Sci Fi being their medium of choice, it's daytime. They both add their stupid shit that shouldn't be on Daytime (witches, hallucinating robopeople) and they don't have the talent required to make it come off well in the context it's being played.

Drake talking about the storyline just makes me wonder if Higley was in a writer's meeting all "well get this lol we'll have nujohn see his brother and himself in the mirror or some hallucination and they won't be able to sway him from being bad but then he'll see his OLD self and they'll talk and lol this is gonna be great.. THIS will be his breakthrough!" And with everyone rolling their eyes, but not wanting to speak up for fear of getting fired.

With the way they're currently going, rather than the way I wish they had gone (different Ava casted, with John/Ava getting together longterm, Marlena versus Ava, and Stefano jumping in later on, leading to Marlena and John getting closer through the feud), in the current context the thing that should be John's awakening should be Stefano's hatred for Marlena and John's desire to keep her safe. That should be something of a bonding for him. She can't currently accept him the way he is, but he starts growing closer to her due in part to his feud with Stefano.

And bringing back Samantha is just stupid. Is it going to be a real-to-life Samantha's sister, or Marlena becoming Sybil or just more hallucination bullshit? It strikes me that Dena might have seen Heroes and thought that the whole Nikki/Jessica thing was such great, dramatic storytelling (it wasn't) that it needed to be brought onto Days.
What gets me is that Samatha was killed 20+ years ago so how can they explain a 60 year old playing a woman in her late 30's?

Kenny
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jul 22 2008, 11:30 AM
What gets me is that Samatha was killed 20+ years ago so how can they explain a 60 year old playing a woman in her late 30's?
Well, I guess Marlena's hallucinations simply aren't age accurate, LoL.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

FanODays
Shylock

Thanks, FanODays, I was just thinking the same thing.

Keith
Member Avatar

But in the midst of it, in her drugged state she sees her sister, Samantha. Iím going to play both parts.

Forgive me, but is Sam even really coming back? It sounds to me like Stefano is paying Marlena back for the coma and she "sees" Sam. Am I completely off-base?

Jonatha

FanODays
Shylock

I agree and Dee says she's been studying her sister's portrayl of Sam and also using an acting coach? Seems to me that's a lot of research for a possibly very short screen stint as Sam. If I were her I would have watched some tapes and called my sister and asked how she played the part. It's not all that, really, for such a short period of time. :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply