Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of July 21
Topic Started: Jul 21 2008, 05:30 PM (3,720 Views)
ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I'm stuck at work. Anybody watch today?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I thought today's show was boring as hell. I just could not hold my interest.

The only thing I enjoyed was the Steve/Kayla talk but that was in spite of:

1. It being weeks late
2. Contrived situation where Sami "agrees" to attempt to show the apartment to Ava.
3. The bad bad dialogue that they had to sputter.

MBE and SN did an awesome job and I suspect they ad-libbed some stuff to help it out. But everything else about the show today was silly.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm with Tripp. In a nutshell, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I did watch tomorrow's show and without saying too much, there was definitely more movement and liveliness.

Days4Life

I watched today, but I can't remember much of what happened. Is that bad?

I remember Chloe looked gorgeous and something with Steve and Kayla and Ava had on a top very similar to one I own but she looks way better in it than I do. Oh, and Marlena is asking Roman for a favor...again.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Jinxed Soul
Jul 21 2008, 07:47 PM
I'm with Tripp. In a nutshell, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I did watch tomorrow's show and without saying too much, there was definitely more movement and liveliness.
May I ask how the "Date" stuff went without giving too much away? Could care less about the chan stuff (which reading on prevuze sounds awful as ever).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The Steve and Kayla scenes saved today for me. They were well acted and well-done. Yes, it was too little too late but SN and MBE rocked it. I also like how they set it up with Sami bringing Ava to the building. It makes sense that would bring all the horror of that time back for Kayla. Loved it. Great scenes. Loved seeing Maggie and Caroline too and I also liked seeing that nurse. She plays Haleh on ER . Love her. I also like how they have people being pissed off at Sami again. I was LMAO when Steve and Kayla got pissed at her. I had no problem with her doing it. John pushed her into it and she did it.

John and Ava was hot at the end. Loved their scenes and the early scenes with Marlena, John, and Sami. The Marlena/Roman stuff was a waste. Same shit we got last Thursday. It only got good at the end when she mentioned John.

I enjoyed the little Sami/Chloe scene and Lucas/Chloe was ok. I appreciate the fact that they are keeping with it and not making it just sex.

All in all, it was a slow episode with some decent moments but Steve and Kayla definitely kept it from being completely a waste. Tomorrow looks alot better with more movement.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 21 2008, 08:55 PM.

Ellie

Just watched... a few observations -

Steve & Kayla scenes - excellent. Great performances by SN and MBE. The dialogue was a little lacking, but their performances made up for it. I like how MBE started out as tired and teary-eyed over the baby, and then she transitioned that into getting emotional about Ava. (But I did think the whole situation was very contrived, with Ava coming to look at the apartment like that.) And it goes without saying that it shouldn't have been necessary for the actors to request scenes like that. Higley is really incompetent.

J&M - I liked the moment when John told Sami that she shouldn't think that Ava is coming between J&M, because there's nothing going on between J&M. The reason I liked it was because I thought Drake played it very emotionally - I think his eyes teared up. Drake (and Deidre) seem to be playing this story with J&M undertones despite the writing, and I give them credit for that.

Marlena/Roman - hated the writing on all levels, and I am not a Josh Taylor fan at all. His delivery is so flat and unemotional. I liked the idea that there was a scene about Marlena hiding her feelings and her disappointment, but I wish it would have been with anyone else. "Tell-me-the-truth-Doc" in a monotone just doesn't make the viewers emotionally engaged.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

How can Ava be tried in Salem when the plane was tampered with in Ireland?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Maybe they filed a motion for it or maybe the fact that her family is under investigation here plays a role. They don't want her to leave town so they do it here. Also, she did kidnap and hold hostage 4 people here and I think she is going on trial for that as well.

Alligato
Member Avatar

It bothers me that they have this whole "Ava murdered Shawn" trial that can't be proven AT ALL with NO witnesses that happened overseas, but nothing is mentioned about her shooting Hope and kidnapping everyone?? Huh?

Today's show was pretty dull.

Surprisingly, I liked seeing Chloe and Lucas. I admit that I hated their sexavator romp, but it is nice to see both of them together being honest and sweet. Lucas and Chloe haven't gotten honest and sweet in awhile. And Chloe didn't grate on my nerves today...I guess that was reserved for Sami. Do you think the actors tire of saying the same damn thing over and over and over?

Isn't it funny that Higley is okay with Sami blaming Chloe for the 50th time for seducing Lucas, but we can't get Steve and Kayla talking about Ava without the actors pushing for it? Huh?

I know that everyone loved Steve/Kayla's talk, but I kind of rolled my eyes at the end. Steve pours his heart out, gives all the explanations necessary, professes his love for her - excellent job by Stephen - and Kayla responds with "I thought we had something special". I just wanted to yell "didn't you hear a thing he said?". However, I understand that Kayla is an emotional wreck right now with the baby so I will let it slide. Great performances by those two though! I thought the dialogue was poor.
Good to see that nurse from ER!
Loved that Kayla/Steve fussed at Sami. It was a poor set up though. Why would Sami go see them knowing that Ava was there???

John/Ava was cute. I like them together. Marlena is driving me nuts with the damn disk! Can we drop the disk already? Let it go, Blondie!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Alligato
Jul 21 2008, 10:29 PM
Loved that Kayla/Steve fussed at Sami. It was a poor set up though. Why would Sami go see them knowing that Ava was there???

She was trying to warn them. Sami didn't want to do it but John forced her and, while Ava was gone, Sami went to warn Steve and Kayla and try to explain. It was stupid but in character for Sami IMO.

I suspect the kidnappings will be mentioned at Ava's trial. I'm sure the drugs she was on at the time will end up getting her off for her crimes though, just like they will for the plane crash. I think Ava will end up going to jail for something she did after being off the drugs (ordering her people to kill Paul is my theory).
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 21 2008, 10:38 PM.

Ellie

Rhiannon
Jul 21 2008, 10:12 PM
How can Ava be tried in Salem when the plane was tampered with in Ireland?
lol if you're not careful, they'll show a courtroom with "Northern Ireland" scrawled across the bottom of the screen.

No really, you can't apply logic like yours to Days. If you do, there will be like 2,000 other questions we can start asking.

Ellie

Alligato
I know that everyone loved Steve/Kayla's talk, but I kind of rolled my eyes at the end. Steve pours his heart out, gives all the explanations necessary, professes his love for her - excellent job by Stephen - and Kayla responds with "I thought we had something special". I just wanted to yell "didn't you hear a thing he said?". However, I understand that Kayla is an emotional wreck right now with the baby so I will let it slide.
The way I understood it, that was kinda the whole point. What Steve did was too much to just brush away with a conversation. Their talk helped, and it was a step in the right direction, but Kayla's really still hurting and will need time to heal.

kwarner66

I have to agree today's show was a major snooze fest. :sleep: I FF'd thru most of the show.

esp13
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 21 2008, 10:45 PM
Alligato
I know that everyone loved Steve/Kayla's talk, but I kind of rolled my eyes at the end. Steve pours his heart out, gives all the explanations necessary, professes his love for her - excellent job by Stephen - and Kayla responds with "I thought we had something special". I just wanted to yell "didn't you hear a thing he said?". However, I understand that Kayla is an emotional wreck right now with the baby so I will let it slide.
The way I understood it, that was kinda the whole point. What Steve did was too much to just brush away with a conversation. Their talk helped, and it was a step in the right direction, but Kayla's really still hurting and will need time to heal.
I think you are exactly right, Ellie. It's very helpful (and was very necessary) for Steve to explain what he was really thinking when all of that was happening, but Kayla understanding logically what he is saying is different from Kayla understanding it and accepting it emotionally. It's different than getting that picture out of her head. It's different than looking at their son and thinking of everything that happened to them over the last few months. I like that it wasn't all just fixed at the end. I'm not expecting any more direct conversations about it, but I imagine SN and MBE will continue to play it subtextually as much as possible.

And I still find it sad and ridiculous that it took the actors and fans lobbying for this fallout for it to finally be included.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Today bored me. It annoys me that Sami (AND THE SHOW) still isn't placing ANY of the blame for Lucas's predicament on Lucas himself but instead Sami is blaming it all on E.J. and Chloe whereas they and all the other characters blame her. Ugh.

I also thought it was odd that Lucas was being carted off to jail while Maggie was at Kayla's house. (I get why Caroline was there, but Maggie isn't a relative or a close friend of Payla IIRC). Maggie was so excited with Mickey helping get Lucas out and the show can't be bothered to have Maggie finding out about Lucas's situation? And why wouldn't Lucas's attorney be involved in any of this? So dumb.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I liked the Steve/Kayla talk. It is about time! The rest of the show was kinda dull, but not that bad.

Drakelicious

I LOVED rooftop loving between Jawn and Ava, OMG, Drake and Tamara were SMOKING in those scenes! I thought the love scene was very well done and very tasteful...kudos to both actors.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Maggie will have scenes with Lucas soon.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Monday was just a so so show for me...SN and MBE did a masterful job but even that could not save this epi. It did seem kinda of weird that Kayla was so scared about Joe - I mean as a mother she should be concerned - but she is also a doctor so she should have a certain degree of security since she is medically trained. John and Ava kind of creeped me out! Two misfits going at it didn't quite do it for me. The way she stroked the back of his neck and the way he kissed her - let's say CREEPY and not so pretty! Lucas and Chloe big deal useless scene. I can't even remember the rest now that is bad!

Tuesday's show, without seeing it, looks like a house keeping show - cleaning up and setting up - filler!
Edited by cjknick, Jul 22 2008, 09:32 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply