Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of July 21
Topic Started: Jul 21 2008, 05:30 PM (3,647 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jul 23 2008, 02:56 PM
I hate that they have removed the pub couches at the Brady Pub. Well they have some in the back of the room but they used to have some in front close to the camers where the characters usually sit.
I noticed that! And did you notice that now, all of a sudden, there's like a back room to the pub that we can see? Before this change was made, that little back room was never there. There was a wall there, that had darts on it. They took down the wall and obviously made the pub larger. I don't know why though. No one is ever back there. It's just windows and tables and chairs.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I was thinking the same thing about Abe and Lexie! With the jobs they have they shouldn't have any problem paying for Theo's therapy. They should be pretty well off with the careers they have.

Tuesday's show was ok. I liked the tension between Bo and Daniel. Bo had some funny comments. That is about the only good thing coming from the Chelsea/Daniel crap though.

Days4Life

DrewHamilton
Jul 23 2008, 03:07 PM
They should have no problems giving Theo the treatment he needs, financially. After all, they're working so much not to be spending time together, aren't they? Or are we supposed to forget about the beginning of the storyline because now it's no longer relevant?

Higley and her team are writing this storyline and not even considering who they're writing for. If you took Abe, Lexie and Theo out of this storyline, and you put Bo, Hope and Ciara, it would be the same thing. No differences, character wise. But that's what happens when you have a writer that doesn't give a damn about character-driven writing.
I was thinking the same thing. Abe and Lexie are upper middle class and with their jobs, they should also have excellent health insurance. Paying for therapy shouldn't even be an issue for them. A good writer should make the plot fit the characters, not make the characters fit the plot.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Jul 23 2008, 03:29 PM
DrewHamilton
Jul 23 2008, 03:07 PM
They should have no problems giving Theo the treatment he needs, financially. After all, they're working so much not to be spending time together, aren't they? Or are we supposed to forget about the beginning of the storyline because now it's no longer relevant?

Higley and her team are writing this storyline and not even considering who they're writing for. If you took Abe, Lexie and Theo out of this storyline, and you put Bo, Hope and Ciara, it would be the same thing. No differences, character wise. But that's what happens when you have a writer that doesn't give a damn about character-driven writing.
I was thinking the same thing. Abe and Lexie are upper middle class and with their jobs, they should also have excellent health insurance. Paying for therapy shouldn't even be an issue for them. A good writer should make the plot fit the characters, not make the characters fit the plot.
And that's the key word. :)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Today's show was better, merely on the fact it didn't have Stax or Chan on it. But to get to what I enjoyed:

Loved Bope stuff, we've not had enough scenes between them. I also loved watching Bo and Philip argue, JKJ and PR have great sibling chemistry and I love how it plays between them.

Loved the Kate/Anna stuff. Now LK and LH have excellent chemistry and though I like seeing them as rivals I could really enjoy them being friends. Maybe Anna could be a pal to Kate when sex with SurferTool comes out...I'm sure she's going to get some spit from the Salemnites for it.

Now Phorgan wasn't as bad as it has been. The thing is...I think Morgan does need to have a breakdown moment and I'm sure a girl her age trying to hold out hope her daddy is alive and ok but finds out they are dragging the river would probably lose it right there in the police station. The problem is though...they have had her become this sobbing mess for weeks now and the only person she leans on is Philip which is annoying. I don't expect all women on TV to be strong 100% of the time, but I do appreciate certain ones who have had a spitfire to them to be able to hold up to a certain amount of pressure and when they lean on someone, they don't flock to the frist good looking guy who is nice to them. At some point, I do think a breakdown can occur and it can happen anywhere, but if it's been OTT emotional 100% of the time whenever "romantic love interest" is around...then it falls flat at moments that should be hold a lot of impact.

jane1978

DrewHamilton
Jul 23 2008, 03:08 PM
Sindacco
Jul 23 2008, 02:56 PM
I hate that they have removed the pub couches at the Brady Pub. Well they have some in the back of the room but they used to have some in front close to the camers where the characters usually sit.
I noticed that! And did you notice that now, all of a sudden, there's like a back room to the pub that we can see? Before this change was made, that little back room was never there. There was a wall there, that had darts on it. They took down the wall and obviously made the pub larger. I don't know why though. No one is ever back there. It's just windows and tables and chairs.
I think Nicol and Trent recently sat there. And Max/Trent had some conversation there too. As for why, I think itīs because the different camera angle. Most of the Pub isnīt visible from the back room so the scenes can be taped separately. So many different storylines now uses the Pub as the central so the actors would have to be there all the time just sitting in the background. Sometimes you can easily tell the scenes were taped at a different time because the cameras are deliberately avoiding certain angles to not show place where the other characters are supposedly having their conversation. Using the back room just makes it much simpler.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Okay. Did Ava and John have sex? I thought I read that they have a steamy love session on the roof top, but all I saw was a little makeout session, then next scene, they are on John's couch. What da hell happened? That is John's second love scene that got nixed!

And so sad that they married Tony because Tony and Kate got some good flirting going on...that could have been a great triangle, especially if you add Roman and his sexing of Anna last year.
Happy that Kate does seem to be okay with Phillip dating Morgan...maybe she will leave them alone.

And Hope and her scrawny arms really need a cheeseburger.
I am not a fan of crying Morgan. I am sure both of the actors are so damn tired of the same scene for the past three weeks. I know I am.

Mason

Abe and Lexie actually said that they couldn't afford to pay for Theo's therapy? Bullshit they can't! Lexie's a doctor, for Christ's sakes! Add that to Abe's salary, and they most certainly can afford it! Stop trying to tell your own life story, Dena, because nobody's interested!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Weds epi....

Loved the Tony, Kate and Anna scenes - I kind of liked the John and Tony scene
Phillip and Morgan and the whole dead dad thing - Big Yawn!
Ava and EJ sporting some chemistry - I think they just wanted to hug/hold each other - but that would be inappropriate!
Hope sporting some something something - it must have been cold at the Bo Brady House!

Kenny
Member Avatar

First, Sindacco, that little bug running around your signature had me thinking I had something on my screen! LoL I came thisclose to slapping the screen.

Anyway, I watched Days today for the first time in weeks and I was thoroughly, THOROUGHLY bored.

Mason

Kenny
Jul 23 2008, 10:36 PM
Anyway, I watched Days today for the first time in weeks and I was thoroughly, THOROUGHLY bored.
Welcome to the club.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I'm with ya, cj...I also thought EJ and Ava were sparking for a second there...is there anyone he doesn't do that with?

And Kenny, you picked a bad day to watch. It has EJ, Phillip, Tony, John - my faves - and even I dozed off a bit there.
There's always tomorrow...that seems to be my Days mantra!

PS-was there any reason that Anna needed to talk about Carrie so much? Could we only hope that she would come back with Muldoon? Probably not much of a story there, huh?

cjknick
Member Avatar

The best thing about weds show... Max, Stephanie, Lucas, Sami, Chloe, Chelsea and Daniel weren't on it! And if they were on they were soooooo boring I blocked them out!

I did love it when Anna mentioned to Kate "look on the bright side only one of your children is in prision".
Edited by cjknick, Jul 23 2008, 10:52 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I thought today was pretty good.

I enjoyed the Tony/Kate scenes and especially the Anna/Kate scenes. I like how the tension between them was noted and how they seemed to come to an understanding by the end of the episode. I like them as rivals but they could rock as friends too. Good to see Tanna back in action. I also like how Kate has been drawn into the action and it was nice hearing about how her company is doing. At least it wasn't dropped. Loved hearing an update on Carrie. I like little things like that and I love hearing about past Salemites. LeAnn looked great today, especially in the scenes outside the Pub. Loved the touch of Anna telling Kate the cops were dragging the river. I like touches like that which add to the community feel.

I enjoyed John/Tony too and I liked that they flashed back to Tony and John's conversation from months ago just to remind people it wasn't out of place. Enjoyed the John/Ava scenes. I wasn't expecting to see the love scene. Days knew J&M fans would be pissed so you could say they learned their lesson from the 2005 sexcapades that had Marlena/Roman and John/Kate having sex. Days didn't want too much backlash LOL. J&M fans should take heart in this. If the John/Ava scene aired while the J&M sex scene didn't, there would've been hell to pay so at least they were fair LOL.

Ava/EJ did have some chemistry going on. Seems like we have the buildup to Ava's exit. God I will miss her. I felt horrible for her when she broke down at the end. Good scenes.

I didn't feel Philip/Morgan was repetitive. I liked her telling Philip about her father and recalling past memories. It made me feel for her. KR is handling this well and I like the buildup to Philip/Morgan. Good Bo/Philip scenes too. Loved Bo going off on Philip about how he feels played by Victor and how Philip has become a true Kiriakis. The ending we know won;t go nowhere but I do appreciate that Higley is giving us more cliffhangers.

KA is starting to look way too gaunt again and that outfit was not flattering. Her arms looked the worst they've been in a long time and she was showing a little something else too (those that watched know what I mean). I do like how Bo and Hope have some good conflict now.

I also want to say Clem Egan, who wrote today and I believe wrote an episode a few weeks ago, is doing a nice job. He wrote scripts for Passions but he seems solid on Days. His stuff is quite lively IMO. I also noticed Victor G. wrote yesterday's script and it was pretty good too, which isn't surprising considering he seems to know the characters. He proved that writing during the strike.

I look forward to the next two episodes, which should be solid.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 23 2008, 10:55 PM.

Mason

I'm guessing we got a little bit of nip action out of Kristian today? Hell, that was probably the most entertaining part of the episode.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jul 23 2008, 10:54 PM
I'm guessing we got a little bit of nip action out of Kristian today? Hell, that was probably the most entertaining part of the episode.
Yeah. I was trying to dance around the subject because I'm used to not coming out and just saying something like that. Yeah. What she was wearing not only exposed her gaunt arms but you could see right through it and she didn't seem to be covered all too well.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Jul 23 2008, 10:52 PM
I thought today was pretty good.

I enjoyed the Tony/Kate scenes and especially the Anna/Kate scenes. I like how the tension between them was noted and how they seemed to come to an understanding by the end of the episode. I like them as rivals but they could rock as friends too. Good to see Tanna back in action. I also like how Kate has been drawn into the action and it was nice hearing about how her company is doing. At least it wasn't dropped. Loved hearing an update on Carrie. I like little things like that and I love hearing about past Salemites. LeAnn looked great today, especially in the scenes outside the Pub. Loved the touch of Anna telling Kate the cops were dragging the river. I like touches like that which add to the community feel.

I enjoyed John/Tony too and I liked that they flashed back to Tony and John's conversation from months ago just to remind people it wasn't out of place. Enjoyed the John/Ava scenes. I wasn't expecting to see the love scene. Days knew J&M fans would be pissed so you could say they learned their lesson from the 2005 sexcapades that had Marlena/Roman and John/Kate having sex. Days didn't want too much backlash LOL. J&M fans should take heart in this. If the John/Ava scene aired while the J&M sex scene didn't, there would've been hell to pay so at least they were fair LOL.

Ava/EJ did have some chemistry going on. Seems like we have the buildup to Ava's exit. God I will miss her. I felt horrible for her when she broke down at the end. Good scenes.

I didn't feel Philip/Morgan was repetitive. I liked her telling Philip about her father and recalling past memories. It made me feel for her. KR is handling this well and I like the buildup to Philip/Morgan. Good Bo/Philip scenes too. Loved Bo going off on Philip about how he feels played by Victor and how Philip has become a true Kiriakis. The ending we know won;t go nowhere but I do appreciate that Higley is giving us more cliffhangers.

KA is starting to look way too gaunt again and that outfit was not flattering. Her arms looked the worst they've been in a long time and she was showing a little something else too (those that watched know what I mean). I do like how Bo and Hope have some good conflict now.

I also want to say Clem Egan, who wrote today and I believe wrote an episode a few weeks ago, is doing a nice job. He wrote scripts for Passions but he seems solid on Days. His stuff is quite lively IMO. I also noticed Victor G. wrote yesterday's script and it was pretty good too, which isn't surprising considering he seems to know the characters. He proved that writing during the strike.

I look forward to the next two episodes, which should be solid.
LOL see Phoenix, either you are rubbing off on me or I had a relapse cause I did enjoy today's show. I'm not calling it RIVETING but it's an improvement over what we've been watching *cough*Chan*cough*.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Oh, no way was it riveting. I haven't seen anything riveting in a long time.

I am one who just enjoys something happening each day and character interactions. I guess I just have simple taste. Either that or after nearly a decade of soaps declining in quality, I've lowered my expectations so much that I find enjoyment in almost anything LOL.

sungrey

Get Clem Egan away from the madman known as Reilly and he can actually write, whaddya know? lol

I think he's got some promise on Days with the scripts. They're not exactly riveting, but he knows how to do certain scenes well.
Edited by sungrey, Jul 24 2008, 02:16 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Jul 23 2008, 10:36 PM
First, Sindacco, that little bug running around your signature had me thinking I had something on my screen! LoL I came thisclose to slapping the screen.

Amen on the first one! I REALLY dont like Sins sig! lol.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply