Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of July 21
Topic Started: Jul 21 2008, 05:30 PM (3,694 Views)
LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I need to defend DH on the autism s/l and the costs associated with treatment. I have worked in medical administration all of my life, and no one, no matter where they are at financially is prepared for the high costs associated with a long term illness or disease. For a child with a disability like Theo's there's more issues involved, like preparing financially for when you are not there to take care of your child, etc. Beleive me that insurance does not cover a very large portion for this type of disease. On top of everything else you are just overwhelmed with the whole situation you are facing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Today's show was about as exciting as yesterday's, and I get annoyed on a few things.

First, Bo has no subtly. When he is angry, he acts like my 5 year old...grimacing, throwing his stuff, grimacing, especially when he sees Phorgan. Surprised Morgan doesn't pick up on that. And for some reason, it is everyone's business. Did it every occur to Marlena, Kayla, Hope, Steve, Roman, Abe etc. that he could just be having a bad day? Does it really need to be such a topic of conversation?

Then, it bothers me that Marlena and Steve have both been drugged and done some awful terrible things, but they are the biggest condemning people when it comes to Ava.

Also, I don't know how it works, but why does Ava telling people to stall the plane from taking off turn Ava into a murderer? Wouldn't that make Ava the accessory to murder and her cousin the actual murderer? Technically, she didn't do anything and it is her word against her cousins. But I don't know much about how this kind of stuff works.

I love when John smokes his cigars. I am still just noticing how hot Shawn Christian is. Chelsea still looks like a teenager, and Stax was a bit of a snoozer. Phillip and Morgan were the same. I enjoyed John/Ava scenes.

I look forward to tomorrow!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Chelsea and Daniel looked so off today. She DOES look like a teenager. Maybe it was the way her hair was today or her clothing, I dunno. And, he looked so much older. If I didn't know better, I could almost mistake them for father-daughter.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Is Max looking more and more like a gypsy to people?

Loved having Steve/Kayla on my screen. Hate having Chan on my screen. I hate how Daniel pretty much controls this fiesty girl I used to love for her independence. Now she's a shell of the person she used to be.

Alligato
Member Avatar

That's because Chelsea is acting like a little girl teenager, not like the independent girl she was. Something about her turns giddy and juvenile when Dan appears...can't find the girl who took control during the Decker fiasco!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Jul 24 2008, 03:19 PM
That's because Chelsea is acting like a little girl teenager, not like the independent girl she was. Something about her turns giddy and juvenile when Dan appears...can't find the girl who took control during the Decker fiasco!
Can I ask....why is that so obvious to us? Why is it that most places I go we are bitching about it but yet fans of this couple seem to think Chelsea and Daniel are "magic" and they work together? Cause I don't see it. I see them bringing out the worst in each other....Chelsea is now a simpering weak minded fool who grins at ANYTHING he might be saying while Daniel is creepy because we dont understand WHAT he sees in her as well as the fact he shows no problems with fucking her grandma but now trying to get into Chelsea's pants.
Edited by Tripp, Jul 24 2008, 05:45 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

You hit it on the head with Chelsea's grinning. She grins alot with Dan, and maybe to some, that means she is just so in love with him...which I am sure she is, but I see it as being so teenage giddy.
Dan is a world renowned surgeon, so what does he see in her? Is he just attracted to her because she is, in his words, hot?
His statement that he would rather die than to hurt Chelsea, did he really mean that? Does that mean he is in love with her too? What about the grandma sex and the looks he keeps giving Kate?

I read a couple of the fanbase websites, and it seems that if you are "for" a couple, you will see what you want to see...no matter how bad it really looks. So weird. They should do studies on this kind of delusion.
I don't mean offense to anyone by that. It is just a weird perception of people we like, that'sallimsayin.

Pearly
Member Avatar

cjknick
Jul 23 2008, 10:42 PM
The best thing about weds show... Max, Stephanie, Lucas, Sami, Chloe, Chelsea and Daniel weren't on it! And if they were on they were soooooo boring I blocked them out!

I did love it when Anna mentioned to Kate "look on the bright side only one of your children is in prision".

Ellie

Alligato
Jul 24 2008, 02:00 PM
Did it every occur to Marlena, Kayla, Hope, Steve, Roman, Abe etc. that he could just be having a bad day? Does it really need to be such a topic of conversation?
It's just poor writing. If Higley developed her characters well, we'd see a change gradually come over Bo, maybe in four or five shows. His daily life would be disrupted. We'd see what he's thinking, and we'd know he's worried. Then his loved ones would begin to notice this as well, until someone got concerned enough to intervene and say something.

Instead, Higley decides to put "Bo's Bad Day" into one show. He throws something on the desk, Marlena sees it, end of story. I'm not sure Higley even knows what character development is.

On the topic of today's show, the only scene I liked was Bo and Steve at the bar. I liked the dialogue and the acting, and I liked how Bo tried to dance around the issue until Steve got it out of him.

Other than that, I dislike the writing for pretty much every single storyline, and the three couples featured today (Chelsea/Dan, Stephanie/Max and John/Ava) are all unappealing in so many ways. For one thing, two couples look like father/daughter, and one is already related. I'm not sure how much worse the show can get at this point.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I have no problem with the Bo stuff. This is really the first time he was out in public and at the station so of course more people noticed. Plus, Caroline, Daniel, and Chelsea noticed it on Tuesday so it's not just a one day thing and Hope has noticed it too. I think the story has been well-written and the conflict has been well played. It's one of Higley's positives IMO. I really liked the station stuff today. I love that Marlena's past as a police psychologist was referred too and I even liked her scenes with Roman because they were about something else beside John. I'm shocked by how they are addressing the Ava stuff because they are actually being realistic and detailed. There was a nice flow today with Marlena and Roman discussing it while Steve and Kayla did as well and then conversed about it with Marlena and Roman. Good scenes all around and the way Kayla learned from Marlena about Bo was very logical. I did like the end scene with Steve and Bo. I hope we get more friendship scenes with them soon. Good stuff and good ending.

Loved the Marlena/Bo scene too. I love those two in scenes.

Philip/Morgan really went nowhere today but I do like the foundation being laid to their relationship. I'm really enjoying the Philip/Bo scenes though.

I also LMAO when Steve was reading a book called "Daddy Don't Drop Me!' :laugh: .

Stax was crap as usual and Chan just sucked. Now there is bad writing. Not only are they writing Chelsea immature and like a teenager but they are making Daniel seem much older then he is, thereby making this ickier. Plus, Melvin is playing it wrong. She is playing Chelsea like a teenager and the way they are dressing her sucks too.

I did like the John and Ava scenes. Good stuff and good J&M scene at the end too.

I really enjoyed today but can't wait for tomorrow.

Ives
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 25 2008, 12:12 AM

I also LMAO when Steve was reading a book called "Daddy Don't Drop Me!' :laugh: .

He is rereading it from his Pocket/Tyler days. :lol:

Posted Image

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Good catch, Ives! :smile: .

That's hilarious! :laugh: .

cassie1013

Lexie and Abe's conversation about finances was laughable. For the average person, affording these costs would be difficult but excuse me, she is a doctor - and obviously a surgeon as well, in addition to him being the head hauncho of the Police Department.

And on top of all that, Lexie comes from a very wealthy family, LOL!!!

peaches179

Ellie
Jul 24 2008, 11:41 PM
On the topic of today's show, the only scene I liked was Bo and Steve at the bar. I liked the dialogue and the acting, and I liked how Bo tried to dance around the issue until Steve got it out of him.

Yep, that was about the best part of Thursday's show for me as well.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05

Stax was crap as usual and Chan just sucked. Now there is bad writing. Not only are they writing Chelsea immature and like a teenager but they are making Daniel seem much older then he is, thereby making this ickier. Plus, Melvin is playing it wrong. She is playing Chelsea like a teenager and the way they are dressing her sucks too.
I keep hoping that RM is doing that on purpose. If she isn't...then I don't know what's the matter with her. When Chelsea was happy with Nick and even when she was proud of him, she wasn't like this. Ditto for Max. This is more like her puppy love she had for Patrick so I keep hoping RM knows what she is doing and is trying to play up the hero worship of this story so that Chan can really go byebye.

cjknick
Member Avatar

The show seems really flat to me lately like there is no build up to anything. The summer of romance is a total bust unless if they think that Stephanie and max riding on a train thru France = romance guess again. I hate the MAP!!! how dorky is that! I think perhaps Stefano's return will help with the suspense part. The Romance part well Ava and John didn't do it at least on screen (thank goodness), Chelsea and Dan are hardly romantic they are just awkward. Phillip and Morgan have Zero chemistry. Chloe and Lucas and EJ and Nicole are missing in action. Sami is alone in her confusion and prefers fighting to making love anyway! Bo and Hope too busy fighting crime or not fighting crime! Tony and Anna don't have a set to make any sort of romance in.

Alligato
Member Avatar

You are right, cj!
We had this fancy promo with theme song about all of these couples and romance, and aside from two episodes of sexavator, what happened? Where are Lucas and Chloe? Where is EJ/Nicole/Sami? Nobody is happy in that scenario! Phillip and Morgan have been running in circles for weeks now.
I really don't care about Max's sister enough to be following this Stax story...for being such a genius, I am surprised that Max is such an idiot...kind of stupid that Max seems inadequate when Steph is around. Genius can't pick up a French dictionary on his flight to Paris and learn a few phrases, but dimbulb Steph speaks fluently?

Most of John/Ava has been off screen, but I do like their story, especially the tie in with EJ/Phillip/Morgan/Marlena/Roman, etc.
Edited by Alligato, Jul 25 2008, 12:14 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Ives
Jul 25 2008, 12:42 AM
PhoenixRising05

He is rereading it from his Pocket/Tyler days. :lol:

Posted Image
Gosh, I love Steve. That is hysterical.

jane1978

Well, as someone who really saw a potential in Phorgan Iīm really sad because the last few weeks could be much better. I fully understand why itīs hard to write romantic stuff for already established couples like S/K or B/H, but you will not create a new succesfull pairing by repeating the same scene for n-th times. They could easily let Phillip invite Morgan to stay with him for a night (in a separate bedroom of course), he could came to wish her good night, he could ask her for a picnic to put her thoughts on something else and make her laugh. Just something, anything what would really set the scenes apart and it was more than just a plot rehash.

I really think this is the main problem the show has for the last few weeks. I like the stories, I actually think they are much better and original than what Sheffer did last year and the pace is good too, but they really need to make the stuff between much more interesting. All this week was like a neverending recap so we know why Bo is angry, what was on the tape Kate destroyed, what Phillip and John possibly did and why Morgan is upset. This is all important, but on DAYS the plot was always just a background for the romance. And the romance is absolutely missing. Itīs sad when the most sexual tension I felt this week between characters had Dan and Kate and Iīm not even sure they are written that way.

As for the today show, they did a huge mistake when Morgan suddenly appeared almost at the end. This was a huge scene and they should build it up much more, show her anger at John rise up first till she finally decides to confront him. The fans should root for her when she finally goes there, not ask WTF is that witch doing when she suddenly stormed in? Thatīs what I felt today and Iīm fan of the character.

Anyway, itīs really a mystery for me because Dena was there. She was there as the associate HW during the highest moments of J/Jīs magic, she was there when John/Marlena reunited in 1993, she was there during COD, during most of DAYS popular coupling. I donīt understand how she can miss the point so badly. Itīs really not a matter of budget or number of sets, they had the Kiriakis mansion set this week, they had Morgan and Phillip together there, yet instead to use it and turn it into something interesting it was the same boring recap weīve aleady seen at the cop shop, at the post office, at the pub and in the hospital. Really disappointing.

Ellie

I just watched today's show. I actually.. uh... kind of liked it! Marlena was written so well today. Loved how she stood up to both John and Ava - and Deidre played it perfectly. I also enjoyed both Marlena and Morgan calling John an unfeeling robot. It's about time! The whole focus of today's John/Marlena/Ava scenes was basically that the real John is in there somewhere, the real John would hate who he's become, and the real John is married to Marlena. Works for me!

Steve/Ava/Kayla - I thought that was done well, though I expected Steve to have more of a negative reaction when Ava asked him for help. Liked the "Oh sh*t" look on Steve's face when Kayla came in the door with Ava there.

Bo/Caroline/Kayla - this bothered me a little. As I think I posted yesterday, I wish the writing were a *little* more subtle than showing every single relative of Bo's being all of a sudden worried about him. Instead, Dena crams Bo's distress into a short time period, and the results imo look pretty silly. I'm finding this whole Philip/Paul story to be very boring. The good thing though that with Dena writing, it'll be over in a week.

The last scene with Morgan - I actually don't think Kristen Renton played it that well. I'm not a fan of "yelling only" scenes. If someone's father were missing, I think there would be more emotions involved than just screaming. But I did like the direction at the end when the shot was fired - I thought that was done very well.

Also, regarding the direction, why do they keep putting EJ next to people much shorter than he is? At one point at the beginning, the camera even cut off half of his face while he was talking to Ava. And every time he stood next to John, it made John look really short. They need to have EJ sitting down or work on other ways to adjust the camera angles.

And last - did anyone catch the NBC commercial for "check out the Days family tree on nbc.com!" next to the picture of Max and Stephanie?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply