Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of July 21
Topic Started: Jul 21 2008, 05:30 PM (3,715 Views)
Ellie

jane1978
Jul 25 2008, 04:22 PM
As for the today show, they did a huge mistake when Morgan suddenly appeared almost at the end. This was a huge scene and they should build it up much more, show her anger at John rise up first till she finally decides to confront him. The fans should root for her when she finally goes there, not ask WTF is that witch doing when she suddenly stormed in? Thatīs what I felt today and Iīm fan of the character.
I'm not a fan of the character, but I agree. You're right, that was part of the issue - with the way they did it, no one was rooting for her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I noticed the camera angles with EJ, too. Not just today, but for the past two episodes or so.It always looks weird because he is soo tall and they do so many closeups with him standing and conversing with others. Him sitting down would be one option and another would be shooting at a little distance.

Ellie

Jinxie
Jul 25 2008, 04:32 PM
I noticed the camera angles with EJ, too. Not just today, but for the past two episodes or so.It always looks weird because he is soo tall and they do so many closeups with him standing and conversing with others. Him sitting down would be one option and another would be shooting at a little distance.
Yes, it's really always been an issue, but I think some directors just handle it better than others. It was handled much better at the beginning in all of the EJ/Sami scenes.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This week has been pretty boring, but i felt todays show was great..It started off a little slow in the beginning, but really picked up steam at the end...I really enjoyed Marlena telling Ava that the real John is in there somewhere and to enjoy her time with Jawn for now, because its going to be shortlived...Also i'm loving seeing so much of Caroline lately, she really will really be near the top of the episode counts this month..and its nice seeing her be a mother to Bo and Kayla...Nice to see the mention of Bo's surprise for Hope again as i'm really looking forward to that..

The Phillip and Kate scenes were also pretty intense, especially when the letter showed up..Love having Kate involved in this story..And it may not be the best story every, but its featuring some great characters and finally giving characters like Kate and Bo something substantial to do..I also really liked the end with Morgan confronting John..I loved Morgan yelling at John and the shooting at the end was exciting...Its been a while since we've had a friday cliffhanger that has me wanting it to be monday..

Days4Life

Today was definitely the best episode of the week. It was good to see Marlena displaying some strength and real emotion, and I enjoyed her talks with John and with Ava. Too bad she hasn't been written like this all along.

The Bradys aren't giving Bo a break, and he looks a little overwhelmed right now. While he has backed himself into a corner, it's annoying how the family is on his case all the time. I wish he would confide in Hope, though, because he should know from past experience that secrets never stay secret and she will find out in the worst way possible.

I agree there should have been more buildup to Morgan showing up at the mansion. I haven't enjoyed Morgan in this storyline so far, and I was a big fan of hers last fall and winter. It seems she just keeps repeating the same lines over and over, only at varying decibels. I also noticed the accent keeps coming and going; it must be hard to sustain it while screaming. I still believe she and Philip have potential, but this Paul Hollingsworth story is so boring to me. I'm anxious for it to end, and then maybe Philip and Morgan can discuss something else for a change. The cliffhanger at the end was good and made me look forward to Monday's episode.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I actually quite liked Kristen Renton today. It was nice to finally see her show some true emotion. I find her to be very flat and almost Chloe like sometimes. So it was nice to see some anger in her.

Other then the last 5 mins the rest sucked.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm getting a little annoyed by Kristen's voice now though. Its an awesome southern accent but I feel I've heard so much of it right now.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jul 25 2008, 10:39 PM
I actually quite liked Kristen Renton today. It was nice to finally see her show some true emotion. I find her to be very flat and almost Chloe like sometimes. So it was nice to see some anger in her.

Other then the last 5 mins the rest sucked.
I think Morgan is a great addition to the show, but the past few weeks the character has bored me..Minus a few bitchy confrontations with Chloe..But today there was so much intensity from Morgan..I loved her going off on John..I thought KR did a great job, one of her best performances yet...And i'm looking forward to Phillip's shooting making this Phillip and Morgan coupling more interesting..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today was the best show of the week by a mile.

This was the best writing I've seen for Marlena in months. Loved her scenes with Ava and the theme today of laying it on thick that the real John is still in there somewhere. My favorite scene, though, was Marlena/Rolf. I loved her strength in that scene and I love that they pulled out that emotional background music. We haven't heard that in awhile. I also like seeing EJ working with John and seeing Judge Fitzpatrick back and involved. Cool scenes.

The buildup to the end was great. I loved the Kate/Philip scenes and Henderson popping in and the whole suspense over the letter. I don't mind the lack of Morgan until the end because I think it was supposed to come off as a surprise and they built up enough to it as it is with her yelling at John in public and being so upset and desperate of late. I liked the suddenness of it all. Renton was very good and I liked seeing Eddie again. John could use some bodyguards LOL. Good ending and finally not just a cliffhanger but a dramatic one. Days did a good job making you wonder who got hit by having EJ fall to the ground too. Nicely done.

It's been so nice seeing so much of Caroline and so nice seeing Steve and Kayla back in action too. Love Caroline being in mother gear and the Kayla/Bo scenes too. The buildup to the surprise is fun. I can't wait. I also loved the Ava/John scenes and the Steve/Ava scenes. I like that the Ava/Steve/Kayla stuff didn't just get focus for one day but that it is still being addressed. Loved the tension once Kayla returned and Steve's reluctance to help Ava. Nice Steve/Bo friendship scenes too. Hope to see more.

All in all, a solid Friday show after what was a subpar week more or less.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I agree with Phoenix, thats its been nice seeing Steve and Kayla back in the mix..And so nice seeing them interact with Bo, Caroline, Marlena and Ava this week...I'm really happy that we finally got a Steve and Ava scene and got some resolution to their story...I just wish Ava wasn't leaving so soon..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I'm kind of over Ava for the moment. I like her and John but maybe having the Steve/Ava thing addressed and seeing all her legal problems brought up has me accepting that her time has come. I guess maybe I'm just looking ahead to Stefano and my excitement about that has taken away from the excitement I had for her. I love Ava but I don't think a rest will hurt her character. I would like to see her return someday but I do think they are tying things up nicely for her while also leaving things open for a return.

I applaud them though for not just bringing up the Ava issue for Steve and Kayla and then dropping it again. In all 3 of their episodes this week, it has been addressed well and even some of the writing issues with Marlena were addressed today. Hopefully, they can continue to write her as she was today as it was the best stuff she's had in a long time.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I'm having a hard time remembering what happened this week. Specifics anyway. Other than Morgan yelling at John and Ava's goon shooting, which was the last scene of the week, I can't remember a whole lot of anything specific. I suppose that means for me at least this was a filler week. I agree with the rest of you KR performance wasn't all that. I liked her as the cheeky college co-ed so much better than this. I'm not feeling any chemistry with KR and JKJ. Perhaps it will grow. John and Ava while I love TB and think there is a place on this show for her I think letting her go with the door open was a good one she could come back and make a splash upon her return. I'll miss the Nicole and Ava scenes. Plus I think they were just hitting the stride with the John with Ava, EJ with Ava and Marlena with Ava relationships. I guess I did like the last scene with Rolfe and Marlena. There were way too many Max and Stephanie train scenes - major yawn... Steve and Kayla scene while I thought it was well acted - it kind of bored me and I barely remember it at all. Steve and Bo I have seen so many of their scenes over the years seemed so so to me. No big deal.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I, too, hope that Ava can return. There's a lot that could be done. With careful planning, that is!
I'm disappointed in the whole Philip/Morgan thing. Initially, before they even hinted at this, I thought they'd be good together. Now this Miss Magnolia stuff has me cringing. Philip is too damn good looking to have this much trouble with women! Paxton, I might have to join the Phephanie (Stillip?) brigade, if they dare rip Stax apart (please, please, pretty please with sugar on top?).
I still think they're missing a bet having Belle dump Shawn, come back for Philip, and find lover and daddy locking horns big time. What a story potential! I hear MM still haven't found an acting job yet...............

Mason
Member Avatar

Based on the spoilers, Friday sounded like the best day of the week, so I watched it. Yeah, I fell asleep halfway through.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm watching tomorrow's US episode and without saying too much, I loved it.

Maybe the show has been this way for a while, but I'm just noticing ... the movement and scenary is great. Max and Steph in Paris is actually really good - the story is moving along! Plus, these french men are hot.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

This train business is ridiculous! Much like it being impossible for that plane to crash in Greenland given the route from Ireland to the US is nowhere near Greenland, Max and Stephanie needing to SLEEP on a train from Paris to Marseille is also ridiculous and damn near impossible.

The train from Paris Gare du Lyon to Marseille St. Charles, travelling coach on TGV French Day Train (which have no sleeper cars!!!) with no lengthy stopovers or train switching, takes THREE HOURS AND SIXTEEN MINUTES!!!

Are the writers that stupid that they can't do a little RESEARCH before deciding to send their two characters on a train journey in France??? Max was already on that train and talking to Stephanie in Salem before she even left. A flight from the US (let's say NYC) to Paris takes about 6-7 hours. Max would have already long been in Marseille before Stephanie even landed in Paris.

Days4Life

I think this was actually on last week's shows, but I love how Bo calls Steve and Kayla's baby "Big Joe". Every time someone called him "Little Joe", it made me think of Michael Landon and Bonanza. I loved that show when I was a kid, mostly because I had a crush on "Little Joe".

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply