Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 8/4 *UPDATED 7/29*
Topic Started: Jul 22 2008, 10:03 PM (6,767 Views)
e83talus
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 23 2008, 11:15 AM
^The show doesn't use as many sets due to budget so I think that the overuse of the hospital plays into that as well. It happened alot under Hogan too, especially in the summer and fall. I believe that is also why we had so many living at the Dimera mansion. Personally, I could care less. I would rather see the vets then more sets. The hospital usage and other usage of sets doesn't bother me. personally. I feel the show has more important issues then that.
I agree with you. I think writing good compelling stories are way more important than sets. I am not watching the show right now partly because of my disgust with the J&M story but also there is nothing to keep me interested. I hate Chelsea, Dan, Stephanie, Max, Ava, and Morgan which is most of the fb s/l's and they are uninteresting to me.

I like Philip, Nicole, EJ, Sami, Payla, and Bope but even their plots are all over the place and I just can't do it right now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Good writing is superior to good sets. However, with great usage of the hospital set, more storylines are being centered around injuries and hospitalization. That I'm not so fond of.

ginababe
BANNED

cassie1013
Jul 23 2008, 02:51 AM
So...pretty boring eh?
My thoughts exactly zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleep:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daily spoilers

Monday, August 4th
E.J. tells Ava there's a new judge on her case who can't be bribed; Hope is upset Bo risked his reputation and career to help Philip; Philip tells Morgan he had a dream that she was falling in love with him; Max tells Melanie he is her older brother.

Tuesday, August 5th
Stefano secretly wakes up from his coma and vows to get revenge; John is upset that Ava left him; Hope talks to Philip about why he threatened Paul; Stephanie and Melanie do not get along; Melanie is arrested.

Wednesday, August 6th
Stefano continues to pretend he's unconscious; E.J. visits Stefano and is shocked when Stefano speaks to him; Kayla, Maggie, Julie and Chelsea help Hope prepare for a big night; a person in a ski mask enters Marlena's home.

Thursday, August 7th
Bo tells Hope he wants them to renew their wedding vows; E.J. and Tony realize Stefano has spoken to both of them in secret; Anna demands Tony tell Lexie the truth about Stefano; Marlena is confronted by a masked intruder.

Friday, August 8th
A reporter accuses Bo of suppressing evidence in the Hollingsworth case; Melanie is accused of stealing Tiffany's bracelet; Stefano tells Tony and E.J. he's going to get revenge on Marlena; Marlena tries to call for help, but is paralyzed.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Wow, these sounds really good. Looks like August is gonna be a better month then this.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thank God Stefano is coming back! Things are finally getting interested.

And while I'm not going to say this is a bad thing yet, but I'm surprised to see that everyone finds out that Stefano is awake so soon. I thought it would at least last a week or two, with just the viewers knowing Stefano is really awake, and then slowly, others would realize this as well. I'm glad that EJ and Tony know so soon, but the pacing on this show is so ridiculous. Something like this only takes 2 episodes to be revealed to everyone, but Daniel and Kate's little sex rendevous takes about 2 months to be revealed. Stupid!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Very interesting! I can only hope that Stefano breathes the excitement and life back into this show. I thought Stefano's last return was disappointing, so I hope this writer will actually get his return right!
Love that I got me some EJ and Tony on this week!
So does Ava bail on her charges?

Thanks for the spoils, Angie! Love that you get these out for us!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Yay to Stefano returning. Give me at least something to look forward too.

peaches179

Thanks for posting! Thank GOD Stefano is back! Maybe the show can get exicting again! Hopefully, we'll get lots of Stefano/Marlena scenes! :D

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

And I already love Melanie for hating Stephanie.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

darraholic
Jul 23 2008, 03:36 PM
And I already love Melanie for hating Stephanie.
I like Stephanie but that was funny.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Stephanie is probably worried about Uncle Max falling for his sister Melanie.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Angie79
Jul 23 2008, 03:40 PM
:hail:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Angie79
Jul 23 2008, 03:40 PM
LMAO

Shylock

Stefano "secretly" wakes up and then pretends he's unconscious for two days? Talk about a total let down. The old Stefano would've woke up, then when he got the strength he would've snuck out and plotted his revenge and screwed with people from a distance.

What are the odds on "They completely forget that Stefano was supposed to be in jail." and he's out and free?

Ellie

Shylock
Jul 23 2008, 04:19 PM
Stefano "secretly" wakes up and then pretends he's unconscious for two days? Talk about a total let down. The old Stefano would've woke up, then when he got the strength he would've snuck out and plotted his revenge and screwed with people from a distance.
YES! Remember Aremid? Stefano had his memory back for MONTHS and didn't reveal it.

Thanks Angie for posting! The Stefano/Marlena stuff does sound good altogether. Marlena should be Stefano's first target, and I always love antagonistic scenes between these two.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Casting tidbit:

* The role of "Brad Baker," the reporter, will be played by Leith Burke. Brad airs on Friday, August 8th.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

ginababe
BANNED

Why do CDN TV Guide insist on including the most boring of all the spoilers?? Why do they hate DOOL?

Jonatha

Thanks Angie, it's sounding good.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This week sounds very exciting..Glad to see Tony and Ej interacting with Stefano..and love Marlena being in danger..Also looking forward to seeing Julie again in scenes with Hope...And finally i hope this Melanie actress is good..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply