Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 8/4 *UPDATED 7/29*
Topic Started: Jul 22 2008, 10:03 PM (6,790 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Actually y'all (said so in a charming fashion, not the way Morgan says it) I think the show miswrote that and means to say he "lays into Kate" ie he goes off on her. We already know Kate insisting on telling Victor about Philip (which I hope comes off better than Monday's episode) will stop his heartbeat and Dan shows he gets crazy when people dare not to listen to his strict instructions to the letter. So I imagine Chelsea is going to be torn with understanding why Kate is so distraught and the one time she NEEDS Victor she can't have him but also is stunned to see her 'perfect' boyfriend can't seem to quell his annoyance and anger (no matter how deserving it feels) with compassion for a person's emotional state.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

*clears throat* I looked up the word 'lace' in a verb tense and it can mean: to lash, beat, or thrash.

So, someone please tell that Daniel doesn't lay an abusive hand on Kate or I'll have to find some way to kick his ass with my mind powers.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Jul 26 2008, 03:44 PM
*clears throat* I looked up the word 'lace' in a verb tense and it can mean: to lash, beat, or thrash.

So, someone please tell that Daniel doesn't lay an abusive hand on Kate or I'll have to find some way to kick his ass with my mind powers.
Well, in my mind powers Im' already kicking his ass so we can just join forces! We can be known as TrippBabe! Or FenderTripp.

Something else occurred to me, but now that we know what Kate and Dan's big secret is...shouldn't Dan have been the one to remove himself from Kate's case when it was shown she had to have surgery? Also, was it really necessary for him to act INSULTED that Kate wanted another doctor? I mean, is it really that hard to understand her hesitations?

jane1978

Dragonish1
Jul 25 2008, 11:34 AM
I love Bope, but I could careless about them renewing their vows. This plot twist would have made sense when they reunited after the fiasco of Zach's death. Now this just seems like contrived fluff with no real meat or meaning behind it. I feel like higley writes sl ideas on slips of paper, sticks them in a large pickle jar and then pulls them out at random, and goes with them. This show is not flowing at all. Much of what is being presented is just confusing...no real direction and no clear end in sight where this is all going...I just sit and go WTF? Why is this happening.....These are not the characters I know.
I donīt want to defend Highley, but I really donīt understand what is confusing or contrived at this. Bo almost died this year, his pop died for real, his real dad is on the verge of death right now, his daughter almost died, his brother was just shot (it sounds really funny when you put it all together). The vow renewal is pretty much in character IMO. And itīs also something what builds for atleast a month now. Not, the show never openly say what Bo plans. But there was enough signs for fans to understand and I think there will be even more in the next two weeks. Itīs also not isolated event because Boīs part in the hiding of Paulīs tape will be revealed at the same time and who knows what else. This is obviously the main event before the Olympic so I think most of the stories will be culminating along that date.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 26 2008, 04:00 PM
fenderbabe

Well, in my mind powers Im' already kicking his ass so we can just join forces! We can be known as TrippBabe! Or FenderTripp.

Something else occurred to me, but now that we know what Kate and Dan's big secret is...shouldn't Dan have been the one to remove himself from Kate's case when it was shown she had to have surgery? Also, was it really necessary for him to act INSULTED that Kate wanted another doctor? I mean, is it really that hard to understand her hesitations?
TeeHee! I like FenderTripp...Fripp and Tender would be nice too. Mind-Kicking Daniel's Ass For the Sake of The People...i like it.

Daniel acted insulted and oblivious to the fact that kate didn't want him to be her doctor. I can see her going up to him and telling him she was scared about the pain she was in, but he didn't have to be the one who took her case when she was clearly uncomfortable with it.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

fenderbabe

Daniel is pissed at Kate bcuz she goes and tells Victor that phillip was shot.,causing Victor to go into cardiac arrestExactly what he didn't need . someone needs to kick her in the but (figuritively)over it
Edited by Dayzfan, Jul 26 2008, 06:37 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Dayzfan
Jul 26 2008, 06:35 PM
fenderbabe

Daniel is pissed at Kate bcuz she goes and tells Victor that phillip was shot.,causing Victor to go into cardiac arrestExactly what he didn't need . someone needs to kick her in the but (figuritively)over it
Well that scene hasn't taken place yet. I hope it isn't like you stated, she comes in yet again and tells him about Philip. I'm hoping the door is left open, she's pacing worried about Philip, Vic sees her...looks stronger. Asks her to come in and talk.

Anyway, even if she does go in there, surely Daniel wouldn't get abusive towards Kate, he can't do that. Like I said, people in these situations will do thinks w/o thinking and as a doctor he should be able to see that and at least act accordingly.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jane1978
Jul 26 2008, 04:10 PM
Dragonish1
I love Bope, but I could careless about them renewing their vows. This plot twist would have made sense when they reunited after the fiasco of Zach's death. Now this just seems like contrived fluff with no real meat or meaning behind it. I feel like higley writes sl ideas on slips of paper, sticks them in a large pickle jar and then pulls them out at random, and goes with them. This show is not flowing at all. Much of what is being presented is just confusing...no real direction and no clear end in sight where this is all going...I just sit and go WTF? Why is this happening.....These are not the characters I know.
I donīt want to defend Highley, but I really donīt understand what is confusing or contrived at this. Bo almost died this year, his pop died for real, his real dad is on the verge of death right now, his daughter almost died, his brother was just shot (it sounds really funny when you put it all together). The vow renewal is pretty much in character IMO. And itīs also something what builds for atleast a month now. Not, the show never openly say what Bo plans. But there was enough signs for fans to understand and I think there will be even more in the next two weeks. Itīs also not isolated event because Boīs part in the hiding of Paulīs tape will be revealed at the same time and who knows what else. This is obviously the main event before the Olympic so I think most of the stories will be culminating along that date.

I don't get it either. I clearly remember scenes where Bo is talking to his Mom about a surprise for Hope. As you mention, Jane, the near death experience, the opportunity for them to start working together, their little girl...........them getting Shawn out of town (OK, I'm kidding here :D ).........The writing already hinted at this. If anything, the problem is they put too much time in between the hints and the actual event.
I don't want the writers holding neon signs saying "LOOK HERE!!!!! BO IS PLANNING A SURPRISE FOR HOPE THAT INVOLVES VOWS!!! STAY TUNED"...........That's not necessary.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jul 26 2008, 07:10 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Tripp
Jul 26 2008, 04:00 PM
fenderbabe

He SHOULD have been the one to remove himself from the case. Afterall, he told Chelsea numerous times that they couldn't have an intimate relationship because her doctor before, but he broke his word there too. I think its because its gotten personal now and he cares a lot about Kate so he wanted to be the one to take care of her.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

When i first heard that Shawn Christian was joining Days i was so overwhelmingly happy..He, Antonio Sabato Jr, and Patrick Muldoon were my 3 favorite 90's hunks..But Dr. Dan has been a dud and i would be fine with him leaving the show...I will say that his scenes with Kate have been a saving grace lately, and give me hope that his character can be saved....They really just need to get Daniel away from Chelsea, those two have absolutely no chemistry and are a complete bore..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Jul 26 2008, 07:09 PM
jane1978
Jul 26 2008, 04:10 PM
Dragonish1

I don't get it either. I clearly remember scenes where Bo is talking to his Mom about a surprise for Hope. As you mention, Jane, the near death experience, the opportunity for them to start working together, their little girl...........them getting Shawn out of town (OK, I'm kidding here :D ).........The writing already hinted at this. If anything, the problem is they put too much time in between the hints and the actual event.
I don't want the writers holding neon signs saying "LOOK HERE!!!!! BO IS PLANNING A SURPRISE FOR HOPE THAT INVOLVES VOWS!!! STAY TUNED"...........That's not necessary.
I agree.

If people think it's cheesy and a waste of time, fine. Hell, I will even agree it a slap in the face to Tanna fans or even Steve and Kayla fans because they never got anything like this. However, all the complaints about it being random and so on I can't see.

As for SC, I'm not even sure the pairing with Kate can save his character. They ruined him so badly. He had so much potential early on. Not only that but they've made Chelsea into a lovesick teenager when she is supposed to be a mature, feisty college student. What makes it even worse is now they have her in training to be an occupations therapist. So, on one hand, they are giving her a job that would make her appear older then she is in many regards and, on the other hand, they are having her act like a 16 year old obsessed girl when she is with Daniel. I don't get it. I was even ok with Chan early on because I saw signs of potential but after about two weeks, it all went downhill from there.

Mason
Member Avatar

For a while I thought that if they paired Daniel with Lexie, it might be able to save his character for me, but now? Nah. Just get Dr. Jesus/Pedophile/Surferguy off the show now, please.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daytime Dial spoilers

Week of August 4th:

Philip confesses to Morgan that he had threatened her father’s life.

John is upset when Ava decides to go on the run.

Sami comes face to face with a conscious Stefano.

Kate and Victor agree to work together in order to protect their son.

Max and Melanie are arrested.

VCR Alerts
Thursday – Family and friends gather to watch Bo and Hope renew their vows.

Friday – Stefano vows revenge on Marlena.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Philip confesses to Morgan that he had threatened her father’s life.

Surprised at how fast that is.

John is upset when Ava decides to go on the run.

Is this how she leaves the show?

Sami comes face to face with a conscious Stefano. Can we get AS saying "He's baaaccckkk!"?

Kate and Victor agree to work together in order to protect their son.
How can Victor do anything? Or is this how Kate winds up at Bope's renewal ceremony to make sure Bo keeps quiet?

Max and Melanie are arrested. God help me I am interested in a Stax storyline. I hope with this build up Melanie isn't disappointing.

Thursday – Family and friends gather to watch Bo and Hope renew their vows.
Please don't make it about Chan!

Friday – Stefano vows revenge on Marlena.
Heh, I'm sure he does.

Edited by Tripp, Jul 29 2008, 12:19 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I find it funny that one day EJ tells Ava that there is a new judge on her case that can't be bought, and then the next day poof she's gone.

Gosh I wonder if John can just feel the love from Ava lmfao

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Now that we know Higley hasn't been writing this show for weeks (Daytime Confidential,Nelson) it shows .Ed Scott has been rewriting scenesdialogue,and encouraging actors to do the same,hence the out of the blue Date connection.It all makes sense now.And Lucas winding up in the hospital after being beat up? Sloppy writing
Edited by Dayzfan, Jul 29 2008, 01:41 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Whoops, disregard.
Edited by Tripp, Jul 29 2008, 02:19 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The stuff for the fiest week of August sounds AWESOME!

I cannot freaking wait.

Looks like Marlena being paralyzed is the cliffhanger before the Olympic break.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Jul 29 2008, 02:23 PM

I cannot freaking wait.

There is no Olympic break.

Days will air during the Olympics but, much like during the US Open golf in June, some time zones will have it aired at different times. The eastern time zone should be ok. The rest I'm not so sure.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

PhoenixRising05
Jul 29 2008, 02:27 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jul 29 2008, 02:23 PM

I cannot freaking wait.

There is no Olympic break.

Days will air during the Olympics but, much like during the US Open golf in June, some time zones will have it aired at different times. The eastern time zone should be ok. The rest I'm not so sure.
OMG REALLY!!!

YESS!!!

That is AWESOME news!

I was fearing DAYS would be beyond disrepair (ratings wise) is that was going to happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply