Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Casting calls for July-August; *updated 8/21**
Topic Started: Jul 23 2008, 07:33 PM (4,516 Views)
Jonatha

Sides for Dora:

(B) Marlena's office/reception/corr.

(Marlena enters her office to find a woman, Dora, (middle aged, nervous and high strung)

Attempting to pull herself together, wiping her eyes and blowing her nose with a tissue:

Marlena: Dora?

Dora: Who are you?

Marlena: I'm Dr Evans. I understand you were anxious to see me.

Dora: Your receptionist lied to me. She said you weren't coming in.

Marlena: She didn't lie. I'm not really supposed to be here. I'm on medical leave.

Dora: Oh. You all right?

Marlena: Yes, I think so.

Dora: Well, I'm not. My whole life is going to hell.

Marlena: Why don't you sit and we'll talk?

Dora: I hope you have some time cause this will take a while.

Marlena: First off, I have to ask if you've had any history of mental illness.

Dora: No, never.

Marlena: Are you currently on any medication?

Dora: I don't do drugs.

Marlena: I meant prescription medication. Are you being treated for depression?

Dora: If I would why would I be here? They told me you are the best. But just for the record, I'm not crazy.

Marlena: Being depressed is hardly considered crazy.

Dora: Look, doctor, I just need you to fix me.

Marlena: What seems to be the problem?

Dora: I'm scared.

Marlena: Of what?

Dora: Everything. My life is out of control and I'm not sure how much more I can take.

Marlena: Why is it out of control?

Dora: Everything's going wrong. My marriage, job, kids. My husband barely pays attention to me anymore. He's always working or out on that damn boat of his. And my boss is horrible, always putting pressure on me. There's no pleasing him no matter how hard I try.

Marlena: And your children?

Dora: Now that they're teenagers all they do is talk back, show me no respect at all. That's when they're even around. It seems they'd rather be with their friends, if you can imagine. And if all that weren't enough, my cleaning lady quit on me. Everyone's deserting me and I'm scared, Dr Evans. Scared I'll end up all alone. Sometimes it's so bad I feel almost....paralyzed. It's all I can do to get out of bed in the morning. I'm so afraid to face what the new day will bring. And whatever it is, I feel powerless to stop it.

(As Dora quietly weeps Marlena looks at her. )
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bannme

wow exciting stuff

Jonatha

Sides for "Erin"

Philip: (Re: little girl) Who's your friend?

Chelsea: This is Erin. Her mommy is a little late picking her up, so.... we're gonna get some cool stickers over at the nurse's station. Erin loves those stickers, right, honey?

Chelsea: Erin, this is Philip.

Philip: Nice to meet you, Erin.

Chelsea: You want to say hello?

Erin: (says it like a statement) How are you.

Philip: I'm fine.

Erin: (not looking at him) I'm fine.

Chelsea: Erin, can you look at Philip when you talk to him?

(Erin turns her head toward Philip, not making eye contact. Chelsea praises her nonetheless.)

Chelsea: Yeah, that's it. Feels so good when you look into my eyes.

(Chelsea hugs Erin, simply)

Chelsea cont: That's because I love you. (breaks the hug) Okay, let's get those stickers.

Kenny
Member Avatar

That Marlena/Dora scene sounds very random and peculiar, especially the "paralyzed" line at the very end.

Won't Marlena be in a coma soon? Maybe the scenes are hallucinations.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonny

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^It was never said Marlena goes into a coma. Just that she would be drugged. From the daily spoilers for the wk of 8/4, we know Marlena is stalked by a masked intruder and tries to call for help but is paralyzed and can't.

This sounds great. I like the fact that Marlena is with a patient. This is weird though but I like it. I don't think she's dreaming it because she mentions being on medical leave.

The Chelsea/Philip one is no doubt a big nothing. It just pertains to Chelsea's job.

Mason
Member Avatar

Booooring. Next!

KMan101
Member Avatar

I disagree Mason. I typically agree with ya, but it's really not that freaking horrible.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Jul 23 2008, 08:37 PM
The Chelsea/Philip one is no doubt a big nothing. It just pertains to Chelsea's job.
The problem with the Chelsea one is a) she only chose the OT job cause Daniel told her to b) The Chelsea we've known for years was hardly the kind of person who would do well with kids, she could barely stand the kids that were with Nick and c) Probably going to just link up to the autism story since they publicized it so much.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Umm okay that Marlena one sounds totally odd and random. And that patient sounds like a total wacko lol.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

These sound off IMO Nothing like the scripts from a few months ago

It's like a 5th grader or non writer wrote them ;)
Edited by Rick, Aug 3 2008, 07:48 PM.

Jonatha

Rick
Aug 3 2008, 07:48 PM

You're right, Rick. I think many of our members recall other audition scripts that were much more embellished, or should I say, correctly written? :shrug: We had the whole scripts for Max and Steph's great adventure in France - those were done very professionally. The 2 auditions here look like nothing more than child's play.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rick
Aug 3 2008, 07:48 PM

That is a good point. There is a sharp contrast in the quality. I wonder why that is :shrug: .

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Sides for "Sawyer"

Frustration. Sawyer, an old classmate of Theo's moves in. His mom, Tamar, follows closely behind.

Sawyer: Hi Theo!

Lexie: Honey, look. It's your friend Sawyer.

Theo continues to push his truck. Confused, Sawyer turns to his mom.

Sawyer: Mommy, why doesn't Theo ever talk to me? Mommy what's wrong with Theo?

Tamar: Sawyer, sometimes Theo gets so into his toys he doesn't realize we're talking to him or sometimes that we're even there.

Sawyer: Oh. Bye Theo!

Theo doesn't respond.

Sawyer: Mommy, can I have some ice cream?

Tamar: No, baby. You already had dessert with dinner.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Sides for "Kelsey- babysitter"

Carver House

Abe walks in the door to find Theo playing with his babsitter, Kelsey.

Abe: (puts on a happy face) Hey, you two!

Babysitter: Look, Theo, Daddy's home.

Theo doesn't acknowledge and continues to play with a matching color game.

Abe: How's my big guy, huh?

Abe gives Theo a hug.

Babysitter: You must've gotten off work early.

Abe uneasy, nods.

Abe: So, how was he?

Babysitter: Terrific. He loves this new color game.

Abe: (To Theo) Did you have fun with Kelsey?

Nothing from Theo, who is focused on his game. Abe takes some bills out of his wallet, hands them to the babysitter.

Abe: Thanks for everything.

Babysitter: (smiling) Anytime. I love hanging with Theo. We're still on for next week, right?

Abe: Can I get back to you on that?

Babysitter: Sure. Oh, I almost forgot (picks up an envelope) Kathy asked me to give this to you. It's the evaluation from his last appointment.

Abe: Great.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

They must have been reading the criticism about not pushing the autism storyline now. Either that, or Renee Jones is the diva, LOL

Ellie

Thanks Angie!

lol if anyone's looking for proof that Higley's still around, I think this is it.

Kenny
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 4 2008, 06:56 PM
They must have been reading the criticism about not pushing the autism storyline now. Either that, or Renee Jones is the diva, LOL
*GASP*

And Diva-Gate rages on! LoL

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^LMAO, Kenny :laugh: .

I'm glad they have stuff coming up where Theo is doing more then counting. This story is still a mess though. It doesn't get enough focus. It's almost like Days feels obligated to tell the story because when it is on, it feels tossed in, almost like they were forced to put it into that episode.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Aug 5 2008, 12:33 AM
^LMAO, Kenny :laugh: .

I'm glad they have stuff coming up where Theo is doing more then counting. This story is still a mess though. It doesn't get enough focus. It's almost like Days feels obligated to tell the story because when it is on, it feels tossed in, almost like they were forced to put it into that episode.
Yeah. It's like "Oh, damn we promoted this, now we have to make an attempt at pretending we're going through with it".

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply