Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Casting calls for July-August; *updated 8/21**
Topic Started: Jul 23 2008, 07:33 PM (4,496 Views)
Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

They are getting ready for the Autisim (sp?) storyline.

The Marlena one I am unsure about and not an upcoming storyline I am aware of.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Blah. I agree, enough new people.

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

I thought they were going to put Nicole with Dr. Dan. Must be a change of plans?

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

aimees76
Aug 19 2008, 06:45 PM
Blah. I agree, enough new people.
Hi Aimees!!! :smooch:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Shakabigfoot
I thought they were going to put Nicole with Dr. Dan. Must be a change of plans?
Well maybe they would put Dan with Kate? LK and SC have good chemistry and it would be nice for Kate to have a real love interest (and give her something to do other than worry about Lucas).

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thanks Jonny! I remember posting a few months back about Matt Cedeno possibly coming back. I wonder if this is leading up to it??

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonny, I hope they give Nicole a new man. I do not like her hanging on EJ. This sounds funny to. One thing I have missed as of late is Nicole's comedic side. The whiney victim crap was not fun to watch...so damn glad Trent is leaving the building.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 19 2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks Jonny! I remember posting a few months back about Matt Cedeno possibly coming back. I wonder if this is leading up to it??
I doubt Higley would bring back an actor that she once fired.

Ellie

Ponz
Aug 19 2008, 07:02 PM
lol, but someone brought her back, didn't they?

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

Tripp
Aug 19 2008, 06:47 PM
Shakabigfoot
Well maybe they would put Dan with Kate? LK and SC have good chemistry and it would be nice for Kate to have a real love interest (and give her something to do other than worry about Lucas).
She should have a love interest. So should Stefano. IMO

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 19 2008, 07:16 PM
Ponz
Yeah, but she wouldn't have been fired in the first place if NBC hadn't held a gun to Corday's head. lol.

Ellie

Ponz
Aug 19 2008, 07:22 PM
Ellie
Ponz
Yeah, but she wouldn't have been fired in the first place if NBC hadn't held a gun to Corday's head. lol.
haha, anyone know where that gun is now?

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Ponz
Angie79
Aug 19 2008, 06:51 PM
When did Dena fire Matt? I thought he left on his own the first time when his contract was up. Then, he returned while JER was headwriter and was let go after a few months.
Edited by ElvisDiMera, Aug 19 2008, 07:58 PM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Well Brandon could be in a lot of storylines .... Nicole, Lexie, Sami, he could befriend Daniel. He could drive EJ a little nuts and Nicole could love that

Mason
Member Avatar

Okay, what the hell is the point of this "Marc" guy and his scenes with Nicole?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ponz
Aug 19 2008, 07:22 PM
Ellie
Ponz
I don't recall him being fired. I remember him signing a new deal but he didn't seem that into signing that deal to begin with. My memory is fuzzy as to what happened but I do recall him saying at one point that he stayed to finish out the story with Abe/Lexie and Sami. I always thought he would have been the one to kill Colin. Either that or he would take the rap for it and that would be his exit. I remember his exit was so rushed. They tied everything up in two days. I was shocked it came off somewhat decent.

I would not mind Brandon back in the least. I know many hated Cedano but he wasn't horrible. He wasn't very good but I've seen much worse and he rocked with Ali. I would much rather Brandon get her at this point . The Lumi/Ejami mess needs to end and this would solve that and Brandon was honestly the only guy ever paired with Sami that didn't change into another Austin after being paired with her.

As for this Marc guy, I prefer to wait until we see him or hear more before going nuts about him. Most of the time these casting calls are for short stints or extras in scenes so I don't want to bash the show until there are more details. It sounds like a good scene and I wonder who Nicole is "taken" by. Is it EJ or does it have something to do with her interlude with Daniel? Interesting...

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This could all just play out in 2 scenes...These casting calls usually are just for day players...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Exactly, which is why I don't worry about them too much anymore, except sometimes they give you little spoiler hints.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 20 2008, 01:25 AM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Someone reminded me of the casting call for that doctor Amber chick who they even filled with an actress who had a long term role on like OLTL. I had hoped she would be Dan's new love interest but NOOOOOO. We had that short scene then and that's it. That's probably what Marc is for too.

jane1978

Well, if EJ goes back with Sami and Lucas is with Chloe, Nicol will obviously need somebody. And this seems to be a traditional DAYS first meeting scene so I donīt think this guy is only a day player. I really like the scene just from script, seems fun. I really donīt have trouble with new character coming, we have only a few so far, Dan for Chelsie/Kate and Melanie for Nick, thatīs not so bad.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply