Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Casting calls for July-August; *updated 8/21**
Topic Started: Jul 23 2008, 07:33 PM (4,540 Views)
Jonatha

The audition scripts that are now posted (about 16 of them) are enigmatic to say the least. There are still auditions up for the 2 firemen who helped Chloe out of the elevator sex scene. All the casting calls for the Paris Stax adventure are still posted. As are at least 3 calls for the Theo autism storyline; a therapist, a friend (of Theo's), a babysitter. Days needs to clean up it's casting calls. The only other 'new' call is an old casting call I posted months ago. That was a young teen boy, (we all thought at that time it was Will), talking to another teen (probably a girl) about why his mother put him in 'boarding school'. That is new again with the girl's name changed to "Bobby." Days needs to do some housecleaning because it's obvious the audition scripts are totally f'd up. I don't put a hell of a lot into this new one for "Marc" and I doubt it's really Nicole; I think possibly this is for the Melanie SL. Just my two cents, but with things as fucked up as they are, I guess it's anyone's guess. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I realize that Marc is probably just a dayplayer, but still...what's the point? Is there even a point?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Jonatha
Aug 20 2008, 11:28 AM
The audition scripts that are now posted (about 16 of them) are enigmatic to say the least. There are still auditions up for the 2 firemen who helped Chloe out of the elevator sex scene. All the casting calls for the Paris Stax adventure are still posted. As are at least 3 calls for the Theo autism storyline; a therapist, a friend (of Theo's), a babysitter. Days needs to clean up it's casting calls. The only other 'new' call is an old casting call I posted months ago. That was a young teen boy, (we all thought at that time it was Will), talking to another teen (probably a girl) about why his mother put him in 'boarding school'. That is new again with the girl's name changed to "Bobby." Days needs to do some housecleaning because it's obvious the audition scripts are totally f'd up. I don't put a hell of a lot into this new one for "Marc" and I doubt it's really Nicole; I think possibly this is for the Melanie SL. Just my two cents, but with things as fucked up as they are, I guess it's anyone's guess. :shrug:
It does seem to fit Melanie more since she would try to get a new laptop off of a guy who spilled coffee. And Max's name can be interchanged with Brandon's.

Of course, I do worry they don't like her with Blake/Nick but maybe this is like that Amber character we saw with Chan which is merely meant to move the Melanie/Nick story along further.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
Aug 20 2008, 12:55 PM
I realize that Marc is probably just a dayplayer, but still...what's the point? Is there even a point?
Maybe it's just meant to show that Melanie is continuing to use people?

It really comes down to how her scenes with Nick go next week as they "hit it off". I feel very highly she is going to be trying to use Nick who may fall for it in the beginning and Stephanie who SHOULD now voice worry over Nick (something she's never done before) Melanie will insist she isn't like that or something. Maybe Marc will signify that she still is up to her old tricks?

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 6 2008, 08:18 AM
DolceDiMera
Aug 6 2008, 07:01 AM
To be quite honest, I have no interest in the autism storyline at all. It's boring, and the characters involved are also boring, plain and simple.
That's too bad it ended up that way, because the cause is DEFINITELY not boring. In essence, they did wrong by the whole austism awareness. And,it seems they're taking the easy way out and giving in to stereotypes. There is SO much more than can be told.
A poorly written storyline with lackluster characters/actors, a couple I have no interest in, and no entetainment value is one I have no desire to watch on soaps. I was bored with the whole thing and hoped it would be scrapped.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jonatha
Aug 20 2008, 11:28 AM
I guess call it an effect of all the fighting behind the scenes.

My thinking is you had Ed and co doing one thing and Higley doing another and that is why we have casting calls out for people who never showed up.

The show has to stabilize quick. Higley or no Higley, you can't have all this back and forth. I would rather have shitty stories then all this fighting over visions.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Casting call for "Waiter"

Go to a somewhat flustered Maggie hurrying to a nearby waiter. They are within earshot of Melanie.

Maggie: Jared, I have to leave now to pick up my little grand-niece, but please keep a very close eye on the Kiriakis table. They're one of my best customers.

Waiter: Is that Kiriakis as in "Victor?"

Maggie: You've heard of him?

Waiter: Sure, he's the head of one of the most powerful families in Salem.

Maggie: If not thee most powerful.

Waiter: I have this friend whose a cop. Says Kiriakis has his "finger on the pulse." "Knows where all the bodies are buried."

Maggie: And who put them there.

brimike

^^^ That's just weird. Maggie kissing Victor's ass by making sure his waiter does his job right is a little odd. I get that it's probably just exposition for Melanie to overhear Victor is rich and powerful, but WOW, is it clunky and contrived. "Here, let me just randomly tell you all about this guy over here who made many of my friend's lives miserable for many years, and how rich and powerful he is, just in case somebody needs to overhear it as a plot point"

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It is poorly written but these casting calls have been lately and usually don't turn out word for word anyway. Hell, sometimes we never even get the actual scenes being detailed here.

I'm just happy to see Maggie doing something and Victor up and around. I wonder what the purpose would be in Melanie overhearing Victor being rich and powerful since it's clear that may be the purpose here. Interesting...

Kenny
Member Avatar

brimike
Aug 22 2008, 12:49 AM
^^^ That's just weird. Maggie kissing Victor's ass by making sure his waiter does his job right is a little odd. I get that it's probably just exposition for Melanie to overhear Victor is rich and powerful, but WOW, is it clunky and contrived. "Here, let me just randomly tell you all about this guy over here who made many of my friend's lives miserable for many years, and how rich and powerful he is, just in case somebody needs to overhear it as a plot point"
LoL! Absolutely.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Aug 20 2008, 02:28 PM
ladyofthelake
Aug 6 2008, 08:18 AM
DolceDiMera
Aug 6 2008, 07:01 AM
To be quite honest, I have no interest in the autism storyline at all. It's boring, and the characters involved are also boring, plain and simple.
That's too bad it ended up that way, because the cause is DEFINITELY not boring. In essence, they did wrong by the whole austism awareness. And,it seems they're taking the easy way out and giving in to stereotypes. There is SO much more than can be told.
A poorly written storyline with lackluster characters/actors, a couple I have no interest in, and no entetainment value is one I have no desire to watch on soaps. I was bored with the whole thing and hoped it would be scrapped.
James and Renee are much better then the "actress" in your avatar.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply