Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: AR-Ava-Derci; Hogestyn on Braun's leaving
Topic Started: Jul 24 2008, 07:51 AM (3,385 Views)
CatherineEarnshaw

Kyrai
Aug 2 2008, 10:15 AM
CatherineEarnshaw
Aug 2 2008, 10:08 AM
Kyrai
Aug 2 2008, 10:05 AM
annalee003
Jul 25 2008, 03:08 PM
Kenny
Jul 24 2008, 08:26 AM
I really don't think that Drake is a J&M fan. Every opportunity he's gotten to have John paired with a new woman, he's been totally gung-ho for it. He was pushing Eileen Davidson to return when Y&R let her go last year. He seems really intrigued with John/Ava. And didn't he have a chat with JATE fans a few years back in which he told everyone to hope that Marlena stays dead forever?

Not to mention that he doesn't want to play John anymore -- he's all about "Jawn."

Everything that comes out of Drake's mouth tends to make him sound like a very, very anti-J&M guy.
I don't think he's anti-J&M. I think he's just bored. In the same scenes with the same actors and saying the same thing everyday.
I think he just enjoys interesting storylines that shake things up. Everything he said was dead on. I hated the Kate/John story back when he was addicted to drugs, but I remember him saying while it was very difficult, he enjoyed doing something different and that it gave him a new appreciation for being back with Marlena when they reunited. Unfortunately, the North s/l came in hot on the heels of the reunion, and I found that one more difficult to take than this current s/l, but you have to give a storyline a chance. Change isn't a bad thing, it keeps it fresh. It doesn't mean he never wants to get back with Marlena. The road isn't always smooth. Conflict is good!
But conflict must make sense. One thing that Reilly got at least was that once marlena came back from the island, John wasn't torn between her and Kate. Reilly had his flaws but he understood, most of the time, the bond between John and Marlena.
ITA.

I feel like the bond is still there with this story though. Aside from what I consider lack-luster writing, I feel like John and Marlena will find their way back to each other eventually. I know she loves him, and I can tell John feels that connection too. He just doesn't understand it yet. She'll save him. :)
Their saving each other is probably the most important thing in their history.

What is his line? I consider the day I met you the day my life started.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kyrai

CatherineEarnshaw
Aug 2 2008, 10:16 AM
Kyrai
CatherineEarnshaw
Kyrai
annalee003
Kenny
I really don't think that Drake is a J&M fan. Every opportunity he's gotten to have John paired with a new woman, he's been totally gung-ho for it. He was pushing Eileen Davidson to return when Y&R let her go last year. He seems really intrigued with John/Ava. And didn't he have a chat with JATE fans a few years back in which he told everyone to hope that Marlena stays dead forever?

Not to mention that he doesn't want to play John anymore -- he's all about "Jawn."

Everything that comes out of Drake's mouth tends to make him sound like a very, very anti-J&M guy.
I don't think he's anti-J&M. I think he's just bored. In the same scenes with the same actors and saying the same thing everyday.
I think he just enjoys interesting storylines that shake things up. Everything he said was dead on. I hated the Kate/John story back when he was addicted to drugs, but I remember him saying while it was very difficult, he enjoyed doing something different and that it gave him a new appreciation for being back with Marlena when they reunited. Unfortunately, the North s/l came in hot on the heels of the reunion, and I found that one more difficult to take than this current s/l, but you have to give a storyline a chance. Change isn't a bad thing, it keeps it fresh. It doesn't mean he never wants to get back with Marlena. The road isn't always smooth. Conflict is good!
But conflict must make sense. One thing that Reilly got at least was that once marlena came back from the island, John wasn't torn between her and Kate. Reilly had his flaws but he understood, most of the time, the bond between John and Marlena.
ITA.

I feel like the bond is still there with this story though. Aside from what I consider lack-luster writing, I feel like John and Marlena will find their way back to each other eventually. I know she loves him, and I can tell John feels that connection too. He just doesn't understand it yet. She'll save him. :)

I love that line! John's said she saved him many times, and many ways. I adore that about them! Even Drake has said that in interviews. Always makes me so happy to hear it.

I love J&M! I want them to live happily ever after. Of course, after many many fun and interesting storylines that showcase their true love will always win in the end.

I'm sappy about them, and I know it. But they're pretty much the only couple I've ever been sappy about, so I give in to it.

CatherineEarnshaw

Kyrai
Aug 2 2008, 10:23 AM
CatherineEarnshaw
Kyrai
CatherineEarnshaw
Kyrai
annalee003
Kenny

ITA.

I love that line! John's said she saved him many times, and many ways. I adore that about them! Even Drake has said that in interviews. Always makes me so happy to hear it.

I love J&M! I want them to live happily ever after. Of course, after many many fun and interesting storylines that showcase their true love will always win in the end.

I'm sappy about them, and I know it. But they're pretty much the only couple I've ever been sappy about, so I give in to it.
In their best moments, I think you feel that you are eavesdropping on them.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Kyrai
annalee003
Kenny

Conflict is good and I agree he may be bored with old hero John. But this is how we J&M fans feel:

J&M have not been together and on for years now because:

2005 - John with Kate & Roman with Marlena on the stupid Island
2005-2006 - Alex North is the interloper and brainwasher in the middle of J&M.
July 2006 - October 2006 - J&M come back from Alex s/l and are off screen and separated for no apparent reason.
October 2006 - December 2006 - J&M back from separation, go to smokey robinson ski log and 3 to 4 lovey dovey J&M scenes
December 2006 - January 2007 - Italy wedding and two weeks of happiness before John is shot and in coma
January 2007 - June 2007 - J&M bb, John in Coma.
June 2007 - October 2007 - J&M were on a total of 12 times, 8 of which they were reading stupid letters. October 2007 - January 2008 - John dies and of course, no J&M.
January 2008 - August 2008 - John comes back from the dead. He is not John and he and Marlena are not together.

From our perspective J&M have not had a s/l since Alex North (2006) and even then two years ago it was about yet another triangle/interloper. We have simply had it with triangles and other people coming into their s/l's.

Drake thinks he's bored, we're bored with this same triangle s/l with J&M. Noone has had as many interlopers as we have had, noone. This s/l was fine with just amnesia, bribery, drugs, money, and power struggles. Adding Ava was simply the starw that broke Jarlena fans back and many of us simp;y tuned out.

You alll don't have to agree with us because your not invested in J&M but for those of us that have held on through all of the above since 2005 have a right to our opinions about our favs and the awful twist in this s/l that is supposedly for us! :soapbox:

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

e83talus
Aug 2 2008, 10:37 AM
Kyrai
annalee003
Kenny

Conflict is good and I agree he may be bored with old hero John. But this is how we J&M fans feel:

J&M have not been together and on for years now because:

2005 - John with Kate & Roman with Marlena on the stupid Island
2005-2006 - Alex North is the interloper and brainwasher in the middle of J&M.
July 2006 - October 2006 - J&M come back from Alex s/l and are off screen and separated for no apparent reason.
October 2006 - December 2006 - J&M back from separation, go to smokey robinson ski log and 3 to 4 lovey dovey J&M scenes
December 2006 - January 2007 - Italy wedding and two weeks of happiness before John is shot and in coma
January 2007 - June 2007 - J&M bb, John in Coma.
June 2007 - October 2007 - J&M were on a total of 12 times, 8 of which they were reading stupid letters. October 2007 - January 2008 - John dies and of course, no J&M.
January 2008 - August 2008 - John comes back from the dead. He is not John and he and Marlena are not together.

From our perspective J&M have not had a s/l since Alex North (2006) and even then two years ago it was about yet another triangle/interloper. We have simply had it with triangles and other people coming into their s/l's.

Drake thinks he's bored, we're bored with this same triangle s/l with J&M. Noone has had as many interlopers as we have had, noone. This s/l was fine with just amnesia, bribery, drugs, money, and power struggles. Adding Ava was simply the starw that broke Jarlena fans back and many of us simp;y tuned out.

You alll don't have to agree with us because your not invested in J&M but for those of us that have held on through all of the above since 2005 have a right to our opinions about our favs and the awful twist in this s/l that is supposedly for us! :soapbox:
ALL true and I have to admit though the last time I really enjoyed DOOL was 2002,JM really had a great year that year and I know some have said if John goes back to his old self JM will just sit and read,maybe/maybe not,thats just speculation,a truly talented writer can come up with new and entertaining things for them,a crappy writer will come up with letter reading,if I were HW I could come up with tons of things that would keep JM in the forefront,not just JM the other vets as well,its all about being creative and I wouldn't have people booted from the show just because I don't like a character,being a good writer is giving your audience what they really want,not pissing them off over and over again.
Edited by JohnandMarlenaFreak, Aug 2 2008, 10:51 AM.

Kyrai

CatherineEarnshaw
Aug 2 2008, 10:25 AM
Kyrai
Aug 2 2008, 10:23 AM
CatherineEarnshaw
Kyrai
CatherineEarnshaw
Kyrai
annalee003
Kenny

ITA.

In their best moments, I think you feel that you are eavesdropping on them.

Agreed. I LOVE how real and sweet they are together when they just talk. I think that's my favorite thing about them. They talk and listen to one another. (When things are good anyway),

Kyrai

I agree that I haven't enjoyed J&M nearly as much in recent years. Since the 90s things haven't been as good, imo. I hope that's about to change as they get back together this year.

I also can think of lots of stories that don't involve keeping them apart. I really don't understand why a professional writer can't.

spring

I think when tptb were trying to make us hate all the older characters--the reading and sitting around, the gross make outs, (that would never have happened that way)...was just their way of getting us to "hate" the characters, lose interest in them, so they could get rid of them!! Hence John's "accident"???? Was it just the beginning of the way they were going to go???

On what the actors say in interviews-- They are "told" what to say about the s/l's, they want their fans to think it is the way the actor wants things to go, hoping to make the fans feel the same. (I have a dear friend that works there, and this is what happens, even when a star is "hyping" a new movie coming out)...ie.."It's the best part I've ever had", etc...
Their interviews are just another "script" to "perform"...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply