Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: John sets up Philip and Paul's alive
Topic Started: Jul 24 2008, 08:08 AM (1,984 Views)
Jonatha

Source: SOW

John's scheme against Philip is revealed this week, when Paul turns up alive and well - as John's hostage.

"John had his men follow the Vitali goons and fish Paul out of the river, believing Paul was much more useful to him alive than dead," explains Drake Hogestyn (John). John's plan is to set Philip up for Paul's "murder."

"It all goes back to Philip and the games he was playing, angling for position on the docks," notes Hogestyn. "It got out of control when Paul became a traitor, took Philip's money, and started playing John and Philip against each other. Paul planted cocaine on John's ships, impounded his cargo and set fire to it."

John blames Philip for all of it. Meanwhile, the cops are closing in on John, believing he may have eliminated Paul, which worries Ava. "John tells Ava not to worry," says Hogestyn. "He's got an ace up his sleeve. He exposes that ace while leading Ava to a room downstairs in the mansion, opening the door and revealing Paul lying on a cot.

"Ava's taken aback," admits the actor. "Paul starts whining, he tells John he did everything he wanted him to do - he wrote those letters to Morgan, he made the tape of Philip threatening to kill him..." John points out that the incriminating tape has yet to surface, but Paul swears he put it in an envelope he sent to Morgan and says he wants to be let go.

"John has his first explosion," recounts Hogestyn. "He tells Paul he's damned lucky he's not dead and should be grateful John's men pulled him out of the river. John says Paul isn't going anywhere, because Philip can't be framed for his murder if he's still alive."

John whispers something to Ava, and she heads to the Java Cafe. "John wants her to send an e-mail to the Salem PD, noting there's another piece of evidence out there about Paul's disappearance and Philip's involvement in it," explains Hogestyn.

Hope and Roman receive the e-mail and trace it to a computer at Java. Hope heads there, watches surveillance video, sees Ava at a computer, and realizes she's a direct link to John. Then, she confronts Bo about the missing evidence, and he admits tampering with it to protect Philip. Meanwhile, John learns via a informant at the Cop Shop that Ava's e-mail has been received.

"John wants to expose the tape," sums up Hogestyn. "He wants Philip to pay for everything he's put him through. He wants to make his life miserable and bring him to his knees."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

John is such a hypocrit, he started the whole dock war :soapbox:

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

I love JAWN....Make em suffer! lol

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Damn, I actually thought Ava got her hands dirty this time!! John and Phillip are both gonna get off free so lets just wrap it up and move on.

Tammy
Member Avatar

ugh writers always take an easy way out... that is sooo boring lol

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Jonatha
Jul 24 2008, 08:08 AM

"John wants to expose the tape," sums up Hogestyn. "He wants Philip to pay for everything he's put him through. He wants to make his life miserable and bring him to his knees."

Does Philip have both knees? *ducks*

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

thanks for posting. sounds interesting

peaches179

Tammy
Jul 24 2008, 09:58 AM
ugh writers always take an easy way out... that is sooo boring lol

ICAM! The only thing I like about it is the part about Bo.

jane1978

Jonatha
Jul 24 2008, 08:08 AM
Source: SOW

John's scheme against Philip is revealed this week, when Paul turns up alive and well - as John's hostage.

"John had his men follow the Vitali goons and fish Paul out of the river, believing Paul was much more useful to him alive than dead," explains Drake Hogestyn (John). John's plan is to set Philip up for Paul's "murder."

"It all goes back to Philip and the games he was playing, angling for position on the docks," notes Hogestyn. "It got out of control when Paul became a traitor, took Philip's money, and started playing John and Philip against each other. Paul planted cocaine on John's ships, impounded his cargo and set fire to it."

John blames Philip for all of it. Meanwhile, the cops are closing in on John, believing he may have eliminated Paul, which worries Ava. "John tells Ava not to worry," says Hogestyn. "He's got an ace up his sleeve. He exposes that ace while leading Ava to a room downstairs in the mansion, opening the door and revealing Paul lying on a cot.

"Ava's taken aback," admits the actor. "Paul starts whining, he tells John he did everything he wanted him to do - he wrote those letters to Morgan, he made the tape of Philip threatening to kill him..." John points out that the incriminating tape has yet to surface, but Paul swears he put it in an envelope he sent to Morgan and says he wants to be let go.

"John has his first explosion," recounts Hogestyn. "He tells Paul he's damned lucky he's not dead and should be grateful John's men pulled him out of the river. John says Paul isn't going anywhere, because Philip can't be framed for his murder if he's still alive."

John whispers something to Ava, and she heads to the Java Cafe. "John wants her to send an e-mail to the Salem PD, noting there's another piece of evidence out there about Paul's disappearance and Philip's involvement in it," explains Hogestyn.

Hope and Roman receive the e-mail and trace it to a computer at Java. Hope heads there, watches surveillance video, sees Ava at a computer, and realizes she's a direct link to John. Then, she confronts Bo about the missing evidence, and he admits tampering with it to protect Philip. Meanwhile, John learns via a informant at the Cop Shop that Ava's e-mail has been received.

This sounds great! And maybe people will finally stop complaining about the secret for characters/not viewers thing.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I like this twist. And I love RoboJohn. He is so much more interesting than old goody-goody John.

His DiMera roots are showing. I expect his battles with Steffy will be good! Philip is just the appetizer. Steffy will be the main course!

KMan101
Member Avatar

lol at people calling it boring. I totally disagree. I think it's a neat little twist. I honestly never really cared much about the Paul storyline but I never once expected John to have him. I kind of figured Paul was alive but for some reason, John having him and framing Philip never crossed my mind.

jules

pspcindy
Jul 24 2008, 11:51 AM
I like this twist. And I love RoboJohn. He is so much more interesting than old goody-goody John.

His DiMera roots are showing. I expect his battles with Steffy will be good! Philip is just the appetizer. Steffy will be the main course!
ITDA. I guess I'm just not a fan of criminals and hurtful people. And John fought for years against Stefano and now he has become everything he detested most in people. I think it's sad.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thanks Jonny! I think this sounds pretty good. I am glad this story is really moving forward now. I am sick of hearing about Paul and his whereabouts.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

John is such an idiot and hypocrite,he's the moron that started all this and for what reason I still have no idea.

ges
Member Avatar

Anything that will stop Morgan's whinng is alright by me.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This sounds great.

I agree it's a nice twist. I figured he was alive but not that John was hiding him. Cool. Can't wait to see this play out. Glad Ashby is back.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jul 24 2008, 08:13 AM
I love Jawn and I love watching him with Phil, but he has seem to have forgotten that he's the one who did indeed start this war.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Jul 24 2008, 11:51 AM

Good point.

Victor needs to get well.

Let Jawn tackle HIM.

jules

SpriteEyes
Jul 25 2008, 05:45 AM
Sindacco
I love Jawn and I love watching him with Phil, but he has seem to have forgotten that he's the one who did indeed start this war.
It's sad that John has become a man without a hint of morals. I find that boring. It's pretty easy to be self serving and narcissistic.

ilovemydays

SpriteEyes
Jul 25 2008, 05:45 AM
Sindacco

Did I miss something? Why did John target the Kiriakis family? Was it just that he wanted full control of the dock or was going after the Kirakis family something that was suggested to him by Stefano while he was being brainwashed?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply