Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LATEST RATINGS: Y&R up in HH; Another bad week
Topic Started: Jul 24 2008, 12:20 PM (2,539 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

thanks!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well...there it tis.

cjknick
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jul 29 2008, 05:36 PM
Well...there it tis.
yep aren't those tie for new lows - just a big ole extra kick in the pants to an already week of :shithitfan:

Mason
Member Avatar

*slow clap*

Good work, Dena. :hmmph:

Who wants to bet that DAYS hits a 1.6 by October?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 29 2008, 06:07 PM
*slow clap*

LoL, I'm betting it'll hit 1.6 by next week. What the hell you talkin' about, October!?

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 29 2008, 06:09 PM
Mason
*slow clap*

LoL, I'm betting it'll hit 1.6 by next week. What the hell you talkin' about, October!?
I guess I'm more optimistic than I thought, LoL.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 29 2008, 06:09 PM
Mason
*slow clap*

ITA. I wouldn't be surprised if DOOL is doing worse than GL soon...

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Well I hope Corday is happy what he created. Fired a writing team that was scoring around 2.2 for 1.8. Good Job Ken!

I bet if you turned a camera on the backstage stuff at Days for one day it would get triple the number of viewers that a full week of Days gets.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Good Lord....What terrible, awful, horrible ratings...Someone's number is up, or should be.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

But that writing team that was fired got these same numbers too except for the 18-49 rating. That is the only new low that Higley's bunch has hit.

Higley held the ratings up for awhile, but she tanked just like Hogan did.

Tricky
Member Avatar

thanks for posting...every bit what i thought they would be. at the rate viewers are falling away 1.5 far sooner than october. if it wasnt so completely laughable its sank this low, i would be cryin my eyes out...cause i love DOOL, i really do. i remember in may how shitty i thought the 2.1's were...it seems every week when i finally see these there are another 200,000-400,000 missing... :soapbox:
Edited by Tricky, Jul 29 2008, 09:12 PM.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Steve Frame
Jul 29 2008, 09:01 PM
But that writing team that was fired got these same numbers too except for the 18-49 rating. That is the only new low that Higley's bunch has hit.

Higley held the ratings up for awhile, but she tanked just like Hogan did.
Yeah, Hogan held the #s for awhile too and then he tanked and took the show to all-time lows. It looks like as soon as the incoming HW wraps up the outgoing HW's material and get their own stuff going, the show takes a nose dive.

jcar03
Member Avatar

The Olympics are coming up and DAYS will be scattered all over the place for viewing times I do believe that is going to distroy it.

I agree if they just had a backstage drama show people would tune in like crazy. They could leave the cliffhanger of ...Will she stay or will she go? Tune in on ....whatever day the Olympics are over.

Manny
Member Avatar

jcar03
Jul 29 2008, 10:38 PM
The Olympics are coming up and DAYS will be scattered all over the place for viewing times I do believe that is going to distroy it.

I agree if they just had a backstage drama show people would tune in like crazy. They could leave the cliffhanger of ...Will she stay or will she go? Tune in on ....whatever day the Olympics are over.
IMO, DAYS' numbers would go down with or without Olympics. They just might speed the process.

On a happy note, I'm happy for the Y&R growth and I am hoping the ratings for last week, which was building up to the gala, also go up.

I don't know about the gala aftermath so far, but I'm about to find out... :)

FanODays

jcar03

If Days isn't in its regular time slot during the Olympics they might as well just go off the air. People won't bother to find it and then when its back, they might just realize there are better ways to spend an hour than watch this crap.

I'm at the point where if the stuff Scott and his pal have been writing is better, let them join the WGA and use it.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Damn, that sucks. I suspect the ratings will continue to dip once the Olympics start, is that what usually happens?

Mason
Member Avatar

Manny
Jul 30 2008, 07:30 AM
IMO, DAYS' numbers would go down with or without Olympics. They just might speed the process.
Agreed. The dirt-dry stories certainly aren't doing the show any favors.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jul 30 2008, 08:04 AM
jcar03

If Days isn't in its regular time slot during the Olympics they might as well just go off the air. People won't bother to find it and then when its back, they might just realize there are better ways to spend an hour than watch this crap.

I'm at the point where if the stuff Scott and his pal have been writing is better, let them join the WGA and use it.
There would be no point in watching it for the next two weeks starting 8/11 anyway. It's going to be a dream sequence of Nicole's...lol...

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

My prediction: Days will be abruptly cancelled in the fall. NBC has no reason to keep it on the air.Its bleeding ratings,its the only soap on NBC.I'm aure they are salivating to fill the hour with another talk show

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply