Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Early Suds Report — TVGC; DELICIOUS gossip and news!
Topic Started: Jul 24 2008, 02:06 PM (1,098 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Suds+Report+July+24+2008/Soaps/Suds/Articles/080724_news_nelson.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

downwhtone
Member Avatar

Quote:

So, let me get this um, straight: Pubescent Parker and Liberty have already been sexually active, but young adults Noah and Luke are still drawing straws to determine who’s the top and bottom before they consummate their legendary romance?

This made me spit my drink out! LOL :laugh:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

thanks!

Jonatha

Nikki Smith and Elvis: Supercouple, that is hilarious!

What's up with Becky Herbst? Wow! Thanks, Nelson.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jonatha
Jul 24 2008, 02:55 PM
Nikki Smith and Elvis: Supercouple, that is hilarious!

What's up with Becky Herbst? Wow! Thanks, Nelson.
She's just proving she's a smart girl.
Quote Post Goto Top

kserox10

Rick Hearst leaving GH would be a HUGE lose!!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Sucks we won't see Lindsay for awhile. Damn Nora!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick Hearst leaving GH will be a huge loss as will Steve Burton & Maurice Benard. But I'm glad that Burton & Benard may be leaving. If both leave, maybe, just maybe GH would quit having the mob be such a prominent part of the show.

I'm very glad that Rebecca Herbst stopped the Jason/Elizabeth pairing----the storyline almost ruined Elizabeth. I wouldn't be too surprised if she doesn't leave GH soon too (I'd love for her to move to ONE LIFE as a Nu-Kelly.)

I hope Catherine Hickland isn't gone for good as Lindsay. It's a shame. I think it was mistake to re-write the story of her killing Spencer as sane. She should've really been temporarily insane or plead self-defense and defense of Blair. If she's gone for good, I think AMC should hire Cat as a Nu-Liza Colby, she'd be awesome in the role and would be awesome paired with David Canary's Adam, and acting with her ex-husband and friend, Michael E. Knight(Tad).
Quote Post Goto Top

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I agree on all counts. However, read between the lines — THERE'S A RUSSIAN MOB FAMILY COMING TO PORT CHARLES. Contract ploy or what? Having said that, I doubt Benard or Burton will leave UNLESS CBS offers them the moon to leave, which could happen.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Hasnt anyone noticed Steve Burton and Maurice Bernard are always quitting when it comes time for contract negotiations?

It's a classic bargaining maneuver to get more money

Ellie

Quote:

And prepare yourself for Joe Mascolo’s umpteenth return as Stefano Marone on Aug. 5.
lol he's played Stefano Dimera and Massimo Marone. (Unless you were joking here, then - whoops!)

Looking forward to seeing Deidre as Samantha!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Yes, I was JOKING! I loved Mascolo as Massimo!

Ellie

hunterforrester
Jul 25 2008, 12:01 AM
Yes, I was JOKING! I loved Mascolo as Massimo!
lol, got it. I'm very happy to see him back as Stefano. (Again.). The spoilers actually sound pretty good!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like Bernard but I've wanted him gone for years. Sonny lost his appeal years ago for me.

The best thing for GH may be to lose Sonny and Jason. Losing Hearst would hurt but he could do better elsewhere. Love that Herbst put the brakes on Jason/Liz too.

Good stuff, Nelson. Thanks for posting! :smile: .

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Thanks... but I'll probably get more death threats for choosing the truth over the corporate bullying! No matter... say what you want about me, but I always choose my readers over the idiots in charge. Ironically, that makes more people in the biz call me up... discuss!
Edited by hunterforrester, Jul 25 2008, 01:57 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I'm glad you do things the way you do, Nelson. It's what all soap journalists, hell what all those in the field of journalism, should do.

You don't have to tell me about how often TPTB change things just because something leaks out or ends up being speculated upon. I hear about that crap all the time as get info from time to time. I still remember JER changing months worth of story in Fall 2005 just because it leaked out that Passions was exposing Gwen and Rebecca's secrets. I would hate to see AMC postpone that tornado event. The show could use a big jolt to get it going. You would think that they wouldn't as you are adding to the hype over it. Any publicity is good publicity is what I thought was always the belief.

I'm not surprised most execs don't do what the fans or press want. They rely on focus groups or merely claim they know best. I find it funny how alot of critics still accept it and praise whatever is put out there, even if they were complaining weeks before about wanting something and never got it. I'm sure some members of the press are bought to praise things though so no surprise. Hell, Corday boycotted the mags in the late 90's and refused to give out spoilers because he didn't want them to give the show bad press.

Thanks for all you do, Nelson. I look forward to reading your columns each week.

Jonatha

PhoenixRising05
Jul 25 2008, 01:23 AM
^I'm glad you do things the way you do, Nelson. It's what all soap journalists, hell what all those in the field of journalism, should do.

You don't have to tell me about how often TPTB change things just because something leaks out or ends up being speculated upon. I hear about that crap all the time as get info from time to time. I still remember JER changing months worth of story in Fall 2005 just because it leaked out that Passions was exposing Gwen and Rebecca's secrets. I would hate to see AMC postpone that tornado event. The show could use a big jolt to get it going. You would think that they wouldn't as you are adding to the hype over it. Any publicity is good publicity is what I thought was always the belief.

I'm not surprised most execs don't do what the fans or press want. They rely on focus groups or merely claim they know best. I find it funny how alot of critics still accept it and praise whatever is put out there, even if they were complaining weeks before about wanting something and never got it. I'm sure some members of the press are bought to praise things though so no surprise. Hell, Corday boycotted the mags in the late 90's and refused to give out spoilers because he didn't want them to give the show bad press.

Thanks for all you do, Nelson. I look forward to reading your columns each week.
Nelson, it's clear that you are one of us, a 'fan' of daytime, and that comes through your columns. Keep up the good work. :applause:

Mason
Member Avatar

I will be pissed off if Lindsay is gone for good on OLTL. She's one of my favorites!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I would kill to see a Renny from BB on a soap!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply