Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Promo Wk of 7/28
Topic Started: Jul 25 2008, 04:33 PM (1,856 Views)
Pearly
Member Avatar

I can't view it from work but I thought I'd post for you all. If anyone can do screencaps or put on a wmv, I'd appreciate it. Unless, of course, it's the same shitty type of promo we've been getting.

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/video/#mea=279656
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I'll have it up on YT in just a few mins. :)

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

OMG
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy & Bope renewing their vows.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That was the best promo in months!

It looks like they went on location for Bope's renewal ceremony. The carriage scenes look gorgeous!! Leave it to Higley to go all out for her beloved Bope. I love this though. I love seeing everyone together for this.

I like the joint promo too, showing us a bit of this week and next week. The Philip/Morgan stuff looks great and that scene of them on the roof is gorgeous. I love this!! This is the most excited I've been in a long time.

Ellie

The Bope scenes look great! But... does it seem to anyone else that this was done as almost an afterthought? I mean, if it's "THE WEDDING EVENT OF THE SUMMER!", why are we only hearing about it now?

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Sometimes I wish they would allocate their budget more fairly meaning devote attention to other couples, too. But, they did really nice with Bo & Hope here. Definitely a spectacular promo!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^We're not, Ellie. They hinted at it in the Summer of Romance promos. They mentioned "A Lasting Love Being Renewed" when Bope appeared in the promo.

I think everyone assumed all the hints about Bo planning a surprise with Caroline and all was related to something like this but clearly Days still wanted to make it a nice surprise. Whatever the case, it's clear alot of work went into this and it looks great.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 25 2008, 04:46 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Promo for the week of July 28th, 2008.

I freaking love this promo. I'm loving Morgan & Philip together.

Pearly
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 25 2008, 04:40 PM
That was the best promo in months!

It looks like they went on location for Bope's renewal ceremony. The carriage scenes look gorgeous!! Leave it to Higley to go all out for her beloved Bope. I love this though. I love seeing everyone together for this.

I like the joint promo too, showing us a bit of this week and next week. The Philip/Morgan stuff looks great and that scene of them on the roof is gorgeous. I love this!! This is the most excited I've been in a long time.

Get out of town! I can't believe it! I'm almost afraid to watch it and get false "hope" that they could be heading in the right direction, finally. :unsure:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Morgan falling in love with him is WOW though. Hope Belle doesn't come back LOL.

Also, was this renewal of vows a complete surprise for Hope ... as in she didn't know what she was walking into?

Pearly
Member Avatar

Okay..... ::takes a deep breath::

That is the FIRST time in a YEARS I have gotten goose bumps for a DAYS promo! The Phorgan scene looks fabulous. The renewal looks wonderful. Wow!

Thanks Rake!

annalee003
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting, Rakesh. I'm only looking forward to Bope story. Phorgan "love story" makes me wanna.... :puke: .

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The Phiilip and Morgan stuff looks good! I don't really care about any of the couples renewing their vows. It does look kinda neat though.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Jul 25 2008, 04:46 PM
^We're not, Ellie. They hinted at it in the Summer of Romance promos. They mentioned "A Lasting Love Being Renewed" when Bope appeared in the promo.

I think everyone assumed all the hints about Bo planning a surprise with Caroline and all was related to something like this but clearly Days still wanted to make it a nice surprise. Whatever the case, it's clear alot of work went into this and it looks great.
I had forgotten that it was mentioned in the summer of romance promo, but that's kind of my point. Did anyone think that "a lasting love being renewed" meant a huge Bope wedding? I didn't!

And yes, I've noticed the hints on the show, but that's part of the problem as well - they're hints. If Days wants to make this a surprise, as you're saying, I think that is an extremely poor decision on their part. Something like this can absolutely boost the ratings if done well, and part of doing it well would be strong, long term promotion.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Jul 25 2008, 04:57 PM
PhoenixRising05

I had forgotten that it was mentioned in the summer of romance promo, but that's kind of my point. Did anyone think that "a lasting love being renewed" meant a huge Bope wedding? I didn't!

And yes, I've noticed the hints on the show, but that's part of the problem as well - they're hints. If Days wants to make this a surprise, as you're saying, I think that is an extremely poor decision on their part. Something like this can absolutely boost the ratings if done well, and part of doing it well would be strong, longterm promotion.
Actually, most knew what it was the minute they saw it hinted at in the promo. I even know of people who didn't see the promo and knew what the surprise us just from the hints the show gave us. Fans aren't stupid.

I also think they are smart promoting this a week in advance. That gives it a whole week to be hyped up. Next week we will likely have a joint promo of the Bope stuff and Stefano's return and I bet maybe a SOD cover.

You can't spoil everything and I think Days handled this well enough to surprise a few people but to also hint around enough to make people figure out what is coming. Whatever the case, this should please longtime fans and hopefully the buzz helps Days since that week is huge with Stefano's return and this Bope stuff.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 25 2008, 04:57 PM
PhoenixRising05

And yes, I've noticed the hints on the show, but that's part of the problem as well - they're hints. If Days wants to make this a surprise, as you're saying, I think that is an extremely poor decision on their part. Something like this can absolutely boost the ratings if done well, and part of doing it well would be strong, long term promotion.
God, wouldn't it have been great if Stefano walked in on the renewal ceremony. A la "It's good to be back, now why wasn't I invited?"

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ok, this shows what a freak I am, but in the shot of the people at Bope's wedding renewal, is taht Daniel besides Chelsea? I figure he would be her date and I don't see Nick and he would be a HORTON there which is sorely needed.

I'm starting to get really pissed.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I have a suspicion Nick isn't town at that time since he seems to get involved with the Melanie stuff early on that week and the vow renewal is toward the end of the week. I bet he takes off for France to help Stax.

Also, did anyone notice that Peter Reckell shaved?! It's the first time he's been clean shaven since I think 2000. It is odd since I'm so used to the beard but he does look great still and much younger.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 25 2008, 05:09 PM.

Jonatha

Thanks for posting.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Jul 25 2008, 05:08 PM
^I have a suspicion Nick isn't town at that time since he seems to get involved with the Melanie stuff early on that week and the vow renewal is toward the end of the week. I bet he takes off for France to help Stax.
Ok, I would totally accept that.

But it would be nice of Chelsea and put her Dad's feelings first given he loathes Daniel and would want this night to be perfect. Maybe at least they will manage not to suck each other's face off in front of everyone this time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply